SMS vibration when do not disturb is on

Search This thread

wolfgrrl

Jul 25, 2012
I've had this happen with two SMS apps and I want to stop it from happening.

When do not disturb is on, incoming SMS makes my phone vibrate and continues to vibrate no matter what.

Is there a setting that I'm missing that controls this?

Thank you!

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
I've had this happen with two SMS apps and I want to stop it from happening.

When do not disturb is on, incoming SMS makes my phone vibrate and continues to vibrate no matter what.

Is there a setting that I'm missing that controls this?

Thank you!

Was the screen on, when you got SMS or screen was off and it vibrated? Basically I remember my Pixel 2 some other phones too have/had a setting under do not disturb do this when screen is off and do that when screen is on...check it. Yesterday my DND was enabled and I did receive a call on Whatsapp which rang. Before the call, my screen was still on that is why, it rang.

wolfgrrl

Jul 25, 2012
Was the screen on, when you got SMS or screen was off and it vibrated? Basically I remember my Pixel 2 some other phones too have/had a setting under do not disturb do this when screen is off and do that when screen is on...check it. Yesterday my DND was enabled and I did receive a call on Whatsapp which rang. Before the call, my screen was still on that is why, it rang.

This happens in the middle of the night when I know my screen should be off. I'm thoroughly perplexed.