Any way to export/import APN settings without root?

Search This thread

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
Just go to connections/mobile networks/Access Point Names and click add and enter the info for your apn.

I know you can do that. That was not my question. I want to be able to export to a file and reimport once they get lost so I dont have to type it in 4 separate ones each time I switch sims. Not all carrier sims automatically load APNs.

Reactions: rewen and vlykarye

Joe333x

Oct 6, 2009
I know you can do that. That was not my question. I want to be able to export to a file and reimport once they get lost so I dont have to type it in 4 separate ones each time I switch sims. Not all carrier sims automatically load APNs.
Importing and exporting an apn is as simple as typing in the apn or copy the apn information over to another device to export. Not sure how much easier you want it to be.

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
Importing and exporting an apn is as simple as typing in the apn or copy the apn information over to another device to export. Not sure how much easier you want it to be.

Again, not the question I asked. Did not ask how to type in an APN. I have 4 separate APN profiles I need to enter everytime I switch sims. So not asking on how easy or hard it is to type the info in manually. But thanks for the response anyway.

stevenswall

Oct 10, 2013
Stevens Point
Sure you do: The OP wants to be able to export a file and import it on another device. Once that's done and a file is emailed, it's as simple as:

1. Open Gmail.
2. Search for the email.
3. Click on the attached file.

Your 'simple' way involves:

1. Looking up the carrier APN settings on your mobile browser.
2. Opening the settings app.
3. Navigating to the APN settings.
4. Making a new APN.
5. Navigating back to the browser.
6. Highlighting the text to copy.
7. Copying the text.
8. Switching back to the Settings app.
9. Selecting the field and pasting in the info.
10. Navigating back to the browser app.
11. Selecting the data for the next field.
12. Copying the data.
13. Switching back to the settings app.
14. Selecting the field and pasting in the info.

2 Fields and 14 steps. Now keep repeating this for several other settings that you need...

15. Navigating back to the browser app.
16. Selecting the data for the next field.
17. Copying the data.
18. Switching back to the settings app.
19. Selecting the field and pasting in the info.

See where things are going?

Vs. getting something where you can import a file, the old way is objectively less efficient.

There's no need to push to keep things the same. Purposefully, wittingly proposing a non-solution while feigning ignorance comes off as deceitful.

Reactions: rewen
I'm hoping to find a solution to this as well. Guessing you didn't find a solution?
its not optimal but i swear i remember twrp flashable zips for APNs....but I remember iOS being able to click a weblink & then accept it being added. I'm interested also, as I have a tMo sim for testing /backup & ROMs always see its tmo, not a qlink obama simcard on tMo towers LoL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Again, not the question I asked. Did not ask how to type in an APN. I have 4 separate APN profiles I need to enter everytime I switch sims. So not asking on how easy or hard it is to type the info in manually. But thanks for the response anyway.
    Any way to export/import APN settings without root?
    Just go to connections/mobile networks/Access Point Names and click add and enter the info for your apn.

Sure you do: The OP wants to be able to export a file and import it on another device. Once that's done and a file is emailed, it's as simple as:

1. Open Gmail.
    2. Search for the email.
    3. Click on the attached file.

Your 'simple' way involves:

1. Looking up the carrier APN settings on your mobile browser.
    2. Opening the settings app.
    3. Navigating to the APN settings.
    4. Making a new APN.
    5. Navigating back to the browser.
    6. Highlighting the text to copy.
    7. Copying the text.
    8. Switching back to the Settings app.
    9. Selecting the field and pasting in the info.
    10. Navigating back to the browser app.
    11. Selecting the data for the next field.
    12. Copying the data.
    13. Switching back to the settings app.
    14. Selecting the field and pasting in the info.

2 Fields and 14 steps. Now keep repeating this for several other settings that you need...

15. Navigating back to the browser app.
    16. Selecting the data for the next field.
    17. Copying the data.
    18. Switching back to the settings app.
    19. Selecting the field and pasting in the info.

See where things are going?

Vs. getting something where you can import a file, the old way is objectively less efficient.

There's no need to push to keep things the same. Purposefully, wittingly proposing a non-solution while feigning ignorance comes off as deceitful.