FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Wireless charging

347 posts
Thanks Meter: 92

By jocaboss, Senior Member on 30th April 2019, 10:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi buds, how i can know if my s10 is charging fast through wireless. I have one Huawei CP60: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/acces...eless-charger/
And i bought from gearbest 15eur (without wall adapter) promo in February.
When i put my s10 charging i get wireless charging message. But I'm sure i can't get fast wireless charging.

Any help? This wireless charger don't support? The original wall adapter from s10 don't feed enough to get fast wireless charging?

1st May 2019, 04:00 PM |#2  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 1,164

More
When you put in on the charger, if it says "wirelessly charging" it's normal speed, if you see "rapidly" then it's fast charging. I don't think it's the wireless pad that makes a difference, it's the power block. I tried a 20$ cheap wireless charging pad with an old HTC power block and the phone says "wirelessly charging". If I use the samsung power block that came with the phone, it says something like "rapidly charging wirelessly".
1st May 2019, 05:47 PM |#3  
New York
Thanks Meter: 824

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocaboss

Hi buds, how i can know if my s10 is charging fast through wireless. I have one Huawei CP60: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/acces...eless-charger/
When i put my s10 charging i get wireless charging message. But I'm sure i can't get fast wireless charging.

Any help? This wireless charger don't support? The original wall adapter from s10 don't feed enough to get fast wireless charging?

Do you have Fast Wireless charge enabled? I have the plus but assume it is the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190501-124336_Settings.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	4751724
1st May 2019, 09:38 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andee39

Do you have Fast Wireless charge enabled? I have the plus but assume it is the same.

I can't find this option. When you get that?
1st May 2019, 09:48 PM |#5  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 1,164

More
Quote:

Search for fast in the options. It's in the accessories section.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nic2112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nic2112 Ad-Free
1st May 2019, 10:09 PM |#6  
New York

More
Quote:

Settings - Advanced Options - Accessories. It is also listed in the Battery settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to andee39 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andee39 Ad-Free
1st May 2019, 11:05 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andee39

Settings - Advanced Options - Accessories. It is also listed in the Battery settings.

Thanks but seems my s10 don't have that option. It's Exynos Portuguese TPH s10... 😥
1st May 2019, 11:38 PM |#8  
New York

More
Quote:

Thanks but seems my s10 don't have that option. It's Exynos Portuguese TPH s10...

Ah yes, am not familiar with Exynos version. Did you try as suggested to search fast charging in main Settings window? Maybe it is under a different category.
The Following User Says Thank You to andee39 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andee39 Ad-Free
2nd May 2019, 05:00 AM |#9  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:

You can monitor the actual mAmps output supplied to your phone by your wired/wireless charger using CPUX app. (free). Personally, I don't use wireless charging, am not sold on it, but anyways, the app will help you figure out how fast is the charging going on at any given time during the process. I use the orig. charger and when I plug it @ 25-30% it shows the mA input just below 3000 then gradually reduced until fully charged. My desktop USB 3.O gets only up tu 900mA.
Here are two screenshots of cpux if you're not familiar with that appk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cpux1.PNG
Views:	200
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	4751954   Click image for larger version

Name:	cpux2.PNG
Views:	202
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	4751955  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mzsquared For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mzsquared Ad-Free
2nd May 2019, 11:12 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsquared

You can monitor the actual mAmps output supplied to your phone by your wired/wireless charger using CPUX app. (free). Personally, I don't use wireless charging, am not sold on it, but anyways, the app will help you figure out how fast is the charging going on at any given time during the process. I use the orig. charger and when I plug it @ 25-30% it shows the mA input just below 3000 then gradually reduced until fully charged. My desktop USB 3.O gets only up tu 900mA.
Here are two screenshots of cpux if you're not familiar with that appk.

Floats between 870 and 950mA. I don't know the charging voltage
The Following User Says Thank You to jocaboss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocaboss Ad-Free
3rd May 2019, 04:09 AM |#11  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:

Floats between 870 and 950mA. I don't know the charging voltage

Not very fast, there's some convenience in wireless charging, but I'm not a fan of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mzsquared For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mzsquared Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)