FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android Q

65 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By Fredzvw, Member on 8th May 2019, 01:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
What a deception... I was hoping Samsung to be more faster on update.

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/05/07...phones-not-yet
8th May 2019, 07:47 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Samsung and updates not a good match my friend...if u get a samsung for updates..thats no good.
I got my samsung for the hardware and how beautifull it is. Also with one ui the phone is very snappy as it is. No need for updates as of now
8th May 2019, 09:49 AM |#3  
Flag Bristol, Scrumpy Country
Thanks Meter: 3,711

More
seriously?

I hope no betas are released until Samsung's official one

get a pixel!!
8th May 2019, 02:05 PM |#4  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 1,088

Donate to Me
More
Q is no big deal anyway. There isn't a whole lot going on with it other than Google will be able to release security updates via Play Store with their new Project Mainline. It will also give the Pixel kids something to run around and squeal about because we know how they get all puffed up when they can say they got it first. 😏
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tel864 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tel864 Ad-Free
8th May 2019, 04:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Atleast it's coming this dec.
8th May 2019, 06:07 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Québec

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel864

Q is no big deal anyway. There isn't a whole lot going on with it other than Google will be able to release security updates via Play Store with their new Project Mainline. It will also give the Pixel kids something to run around and squeal about because we know how they get all puffed up when they can say they got it first. 😏

Yeah, it's true that Android Q hasn't a lot of new stuff.
No need of it now.
But, there's many manufacturers who participate to the beta. I don't understand why a big player like Samsung isn't on the list.

I wish they will participate soon.

Sent from my Galaxy S10 using XDA Labs
8th May 2019, 11:37 PM |#7  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 1,088

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredzvw

Yeah, it's true that Android Q hasn't a lot of new stuff.
No need of it now.
But, there's many manufacturers who participate to the beta. I don't understand why a big player like Samsung isn't on the list.

I wish they will participate soon.

I've been through 2 betas with Samsung and before that I was in 3 or 4 with Motorola. To be honest, Samsung doesn't have a clue on how to run a beta program. When we reported problems in the Samsung Members app, the best we got if anything at all was to submit a report through the app to the developers. As far as I know no one got feedback other than we're looking into it. Everything I reported with the S9 carried over to the Pie final. Motorola had a dedicated forum with moderators that actually passed feedback back and forth. I even spoke with a software engineer two times.
Beta with Samsung is sort of here it is, hope it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tel864 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tel864 Ad-Free
9th May 2019, 07:09 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
well,i was hoping samsung can update a new full screen gesture like android Q , MIUI 10 , oneplus 6's or maybe just build-in one hand operation in next firmware. and faster fingerprint scanning,it really sucks when you try so hard and it just not unlock the phone
The Following User Says Thank You to Innnovation955 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Innnovation955 Ad-Free
17th May 2019, 08:04 PM |#9  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel864

Q is no big deal anyway. There isn't a whole lot going on with it other than Google will be able to release security updates via Play Store with their new Project Mainline. It will also give the Pixel kids something to run around and squeal about because we know how they get all puffed up when they can say they got it first.

Not sure I agree here. I'm running it on my Pixel 3 xl and it has many noteworthy features. There is live caption which let's you get real-time transcriptions of what is being said on any video, in any app, across the entire OS. There are systemwide UI changes like dark mode and improved gestural navigation and the back button; over 40 updates to the way security, permissions and privacy agreements are handled. Also, there are improvements to Android's security which will make them come faster thought the Playstore (Project Mainline), better parental controls, new Notification Assistant that will help you reply to incoming chats and other minor stuff. In my opinion, it is by no means a small upgrade, specially when you consider it is still in Beta 3 and will probably add even more features. So far, it runs smooth as butter for me and had great battery life.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

If it follows historically anything like previous generations of Samsung phones it should arrive to the S10 family sometime next year in February or March... Just in time for Google's Android R first preview release.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL
28th May 2019, 12:37 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredzvw

What a deception... I was hoping Samsung to be more faster on update.

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/05/07...phones-not-yet

Why? Samsung have no commitment to release a beta firmware to users. People today are too impatient, you need to learn to wait for these things.
29th May 2019, 04:21 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Québec

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charos87

Why? Samsung have no commitment to release a beta firmware to users. People today are too impatient, you need to learn to wait for these things.

🤔 I'm buying a new high branded product to have one of the best smartphone. I'm here because I want to share my experience and to find informations from others.
What I see is that almost others brands are offering beta firmware to users and faster updates than Samsung. Why do we have to accept this?

I owned some Samsung devices in the past. Finally change my P20 Pro to try S10. But Samsung was not faster than before on updates, maybe slower.

My girlfriend know nothing about cellphone and don't care about updates. But, if you're here man and you don't care about new characteristics, what are you doing here?

Sent from my Galaxy S10 using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fredzvw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fredzvw Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)