FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Now you can not change CSC code with firmware + SIM-card

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By ru_dimka, Senior Member on 4th March 2019, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I could easily change the CSC code on my Note9: just installed OXM firmware + factory reset with needed code SIM-card (Thailand for example). But this method does not work anymore. How to change a CSC code on S10?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ru_dimka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ru_dimka Ad-Free

4th March 2019, 07:42 PM |#2  
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 191

More
At least on S8(without the sim card), I would flash a firmware of my choice and and then entered bootloader one time and restarted the phone. I don't know if the procedure has changed with S9 or higher model
4th March 2019, 07:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

More
This method works for S9/S9+/Note9 but with S10 not ;(
9th March 2019, 06:44 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any news on this issue? Trying to change the region from CAC to SER, with Russian SIM in roaming, and get CAU CSC.
9th March 2019, 09:20 AM |#5  
Flag mexico
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
I Will keep an eye on this as I just received a Duos 973F and i cannt switch CSC.
9th March 2019, 10:22 AM |#6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,627

Donate to Me
More
That's not true. I've changed mine from H3G to BTU.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190309-102208_Settings.jpg
Views:	3346
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	4719676   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190309-102405.jpg
Views:	3354
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	4719678  
9th March 2019, 11:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intratech

I suppose you flashed a whole new firmware? I did the same. It was branded as DBT but now I have BTU, same as you. I.e., I seem to have the same multi-CSC. I cannot set it to DBT, though. I think this is what the OP asked.
9th March 2019, 11:40 AM |#8  
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
The CSC will change depending on what SIM card you have in the device when you flash. šŸ™‚

I think you need root if you want to manually change CSC.
The Following User Says Thank You to Intratech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Intratech Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 02:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
For me I also flashed with ZTO fw which seems multi and i canĀ“t start the phone with brazil CSC. IĀ“ve tried everything. If someone can help would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intratech

Hi
Please how is it works? IĀ“ve tried everything and I canĀ“t change my CSC after flashing it with ZTO fw which suppose to be multi. I appreciate your help
Thanks
9th March 2019, 03:32 PM |#10  
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenboy2013

For me I also flashed with ZTO fw which seems multi and i canĀ“t start the phone with brazil CSC. IĀ“ve tried everything. If someone can help would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Hi
Please how is it works? IĀ“ve tried everything and I canĀ“t change my CSC after flashing it with ZTO fw which suppose to be multi. I appreciate your help
Thanks

Flash the phone with the firmware for your region with the SIM card in the device using the wipe CSC package, i.e. the one that doesn't start with "HOME" in it's name, and then when the phone restarts it should detect the SIM card region and load a CSC for that country.
The Following User Says Thank You to Intratech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Intratech Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 03:47 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello i'm French user with S10 FTM CSC (from Orange), I flash the multi CSC rom with sim and not sim and the result is the same BTU (English) CSC not XEF(french)! I tried lot of method with factory reset betwin two flash! i Don't understand
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)