FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy S10 Deep Sleep bug

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 134

By AB__CD, Senior Member on 19th March 2019, 10:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
There are some users that have been reporting, using apps such as CPU Spy, that the phone does NOT enter a deep sleep state in standby. Some resourceful users over on the S10+ have found the cause of the issue, which is a bug with the proximity sensor. The bug is triggered AFTER entering a VoiP call such as WhatsApp call or Skype, at which point the phone will continue to fail to deep sleep until the next restart.

Thus, in order to fix the issue, in the meantime I recommend restarting after VoiP calls, and report the issue to Samsung through the Members app in hopes of getting it fixed.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AB__CD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AB__CD Ad-Free

19th March 2019, 12:02 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I can confirm that... After finding why I have massive standby drain and blame few apps for that, now I know this is an issue with Voip calls. Reported trough Members app already.
19th March 2019, 09:31 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
+1

can confirm it too.
20th March 2019, 12:08 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Can confirm that this happens too. Will report it through via samsung members
21st March 2019, 04:05 AM |#5  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I experienced this as well. On the first day when i didn't have anything installed was able to see the phone going to deep sleep. But after I installed did a few whatsapp calls and bam no more deep sleep. After seeing this post, rebooted phone, unplugged from charger about an hour ago and lo and behold, 50 mins of deep sleep.

Asked my SO to not to do whatsapp calls today. Lets see how the battery life stands.
21st March 2019, 04:52 AM |#6  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Interesting, I am guessing this bug is limited to Exynos models? Haven't tried whatsapp or voip calls on my Exynos S10+ yet.
21st March 2019, 04:59 AM |#7  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICosPhi

Interesting, I am guessing this bug is limited to Exynos models? Haven't tried whatsapp or voip calls on my Exynos S10+ yet.

Apparently.
So far 1hr 32min in deep sleep after reboot. A few calls, SMSes, YouTube, whatsapp messages and web whatsapp used. On battery power for 1hr 45mins so far and 93% left according to AccuBattery.
The Following User Says Thank You to gunemalli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gunemalli Ad-Free
21st March 2019, 07:43 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I can confirm having the same bug, exynos model here. One whatsapp call is sufficient to stop the phone from going into deep sleep.
I already reported the issue on samsung member too.
21st March 2019, 08:03 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is this happening after normal calls also?
21st March 2019, 08:20 AM |#10  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunemalli

Apparently.
So far 1hr 32min in deep sleep after reboot. A few calls, SMSes, YouTube, whatsapp messages and web whatsapp used. On battery power for 1hr 45mins so far and 93% left according to AccuBattery.

Thanks, does it also happen after calls placed using Google Duo? I am installing Feb 1 security patch which supposedly improves fingerprint recognition and camera performance.

Battery life on my Exynos seems slightly worse than Note-9 so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to VICosPhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VICosPhi Ad-Free
21st March 2019, 09:32 AM |#11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICosPhi

Thanks, does it also happen after calls placed using Google Duo? I am installing Feb 1 security patch which supposedly improves fingerprint recognition and camera performance.

Battery life on my Exynos seems slightly worse than Note-9 so far.

I can confirm, that it happen after Whatsapp and FB Messenger call, or even when You play voice messages via this apps. Not sure about Google Duo.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AayushN4

Is this happening after normal calls also?

Nope.
The Following User Says Thank You to troxter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift troxter Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)