FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: OneIU or Nova + Sesame?

OneUI

37 Vote(s)
29.37%
Nova

89 Vote(s)
70.63%

Nova vs OneUI

379 posts
Thanks Meter: 248

By Corv0, Senior Member on 9th March 2019, 02:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
No native app launcher has ever given me so much doubt before, I usually went straight to Nova, but OneUI can replace Nova + Sesame(both paid) in most occasions, and it looks really good and seamless.

Any performance/benefits difference you noticed besides Nova's typical customization?

Updated:

Nova vs OneUI, You can see how many frames OneUI drops because of that blur effect, I'd say the case is closed until it gets improved.

Nova

OneUI
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corv0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Corv0 Ad-Free

9th March 2019, 02:43 AM |#2  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 1,065

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv0

No native app launcher has ever given me so much doubt before, I usually went straight to Nova, but OneUI can replace Nova + Sesame(both paid) in most occasions, and it looks really good and seamless.

Any performance/benefits difference you noticed besides Nova's typical customization?

I stay with Nova for vertical scrolling in the app drawer and swipe left to Google. During the Pie beta program many of us asked for vertical scrolling but they didn't listen.
9th March 2019, 03:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Oneui doesn't hide apps... Other than that I feel like they're close
9th March 2019, 03:46 AM |#4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 32

More
OneUI also supports this fancy UI customization tool made by Samsung called Good Lock that I recently discovered. I've tested it and it works perfectly with my S10+.
You can download it from the Samsung Store if you're in one of the few available regions, or you can just install the APK manually.
https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...-apk-download/

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboarder

Oneui doesn't hide apps...

I doubt this is unique to the plus but there should be a option in the Home Screen settings to hide apps from the app drawer, unless you were referring to something else?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190309-144217_One UI Home.jpg
Views:	1908
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	4719507 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190309-143622_One UI Home.jpg
Views:	1940
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	4719505
9th March 2019, 03:47 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Oneui home screen settings accessible by long pressing has a hide app option too!
The Following User Says Thank You to st3rv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift st3rv Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 03:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_247

OneUI also supports this fancy UI customization tool made by Samsung called Good Lock that I recently discovered. I've tested it and it works perfectly with my S10+.
You can download it from the Samsung Store if you're in one of the few available regions, or you can just install the APK manually.
https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...-apk-download/

I doubt this is unique to the plus but there should be a option in the Home Screen settings to hide apps from the app drawer, unless you were referring to something else?
Attachment 4719507 Attachment 4719505

Nova works great with Good Lock also. Good lock was actually available in 2018, I used it with a S9 Plus. It was disabled during the Pie Beta,but was updated yesterday to work with the stable pie release & the s10 plus

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
9th March 2019, 07:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Since Pie I've had to give up on Nova and Tesla Unread

App notifications just don't work properly

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
9th March 2019, 08:17 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Correct me if I am wrong, but one ui cannot swipe right into googlenow, nor can it lower the notification window by pulling down anywhere on the screen.

I love the idea of removing a 3rd party app, but Nova still seems to be King for my needs.
9th March 2019, 10:39 AM |#9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,625

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

nor can it lower the notification window by pulling down anywhere on the screen.

It can though, lad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190309-103904_One UI Home.jpg
Views:	1342
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	4719682  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Intratech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Intratech Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 11:19 AM |#10  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 1,065

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Dual Sim

With the latest Beta, Nova no longer needs TeslaUnread for notifications. There are choices for None, Dynamic badges, Dots, Numeric Dots, or TeslaUnread and they work well on my S9 running Pie. Google Discover has been added with a download of Nova Google Companion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tel864 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tel864 Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 02:09 PM |#11  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 764

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Dual Sim

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Nova no longer needs Tesla for notification badges

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread