S10 G9730 TGY (hong kong variant)

583 posts
Thanks Meter: 116

By pixiebob, Senior Member on 26th March 2019, 11:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd May 2019, 12:52 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey guys, I know this version of the phone only works for GSM, but is it possible to get it to be able to work on both GSM and CDMA networks such as sprint? I'm planning to get the SM-G9750 Galaxy S10 Plus model brother of this one so any help would be appreciated.
4th May 2019, 02:38 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Some Russians have successfully and easily managed to change the aggregation band with the TGY version and qpst utility, we need someone that can translate from russian and maybe do the same thing for EU band ( 20+3+7 )

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...946152&st=1540 page 78 scroll in the middle
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gho57 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gho57 Ad-Free
4th May 2019, 04:52 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Enable carrier frequency aggregation for the S10 TGY.
Warning: All manipulations are your responsibility. Changes made in accordance with this instruction are valid for networks of Russian operators.

1. Download the attached file QPST_2.7.474.zip (36.36 MB)
and the attached QUD.WIN.1.1 Installer-10037.3.zip ( 20.06 MB ) file
- a set of official Qualcomm utilities and the Qualcomm USB driver. Unpack: Install QPST.2.7.474 from the QPST folder.
2. Enter *#0808# in the dialer, select "DM+MODEM+ADB" in the menu that opens, and connect the phone to the computer. In the Device Manager (it is more convenient to use the view of the "connecting device") there should appear a composite USB device with two COM ports - command and diagnostic, most likely, the diag. port will have Class=SbClass=0xff - this can be seen in the properties of the device (Information - Property = Compatible ID). For this device, you need to manually install the driver from the QUD folder.
3. In the path Program Files (x86)/Qualcomm/QPST/bin run the QPST Config utility, if the phone is not recognized (SD855 should appear in the Phone column), add the port manually by name (e.g. COM5) by clicking "Add new port". When the phone is recognized, press Start Clients - EFS Explorer and wait for the EFS data to be read.
4. In EFS Explorer, delete the file /nv/items_files/modem/lte/rrc/cap/prune_ca_combos.
Attached file 00028874.zip ( 1.04 KB )
Unpack and replace the file in /nv/item_files/rfnv/00028874, then disconnect the phone from your PC and reboot.

Please note: after updating, firmware reset, firmware reinstallation, and possibly changing the SIM card (no pattern is detected, depending on the specific card), the procedure of deleting prune_ca_combos and replacing the 00028874 file should be repeated.

I canĀ“t download the file 00028874.zip, the others can be dowloaded from Maestro2k5 's Android file host.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tuntu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tuntu Ad-Free
4th May 2019, 05:47 PM |#74  

More
Thankyou!
We need someone that have and can go inside the file 00028874.zip, because i think it's a simple text/number file like 524356 (for band 3+7+20) or similar.

No one familiar with qpst and band aggregation?
4th May 2019, 07:51 PM |#75  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 12

More
The modified file 00028874 in the zip archive is for Russian operators only.
4th May 2019, 08:46 PM |#76  

More
yes, I think there's the new band, or aggregation hex number inside. Russia bands are different compared to EU, that's why we need some expert who can speak russian and ask to 4pda forum

Inviato dal mio SM-G9730 utilizzando Tapatalk
4th May 2019, 09:17 PM |#77  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 12

More
The member of the 4pda forum, who posted the file 00028874 will not tell anything.
4th May 2019, 09:29 PM |#78  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHG

The member of the 4pda forum, who posted the file 00028874 will not tell anything.

He promised the russian monks not to reveal the secret.
5th May 2019, 01:38 AM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0328

I'm in the US and have Verizon and I have Google play on g9750. Because of our tgy csc, things like bixby vision give Chinese search results, but that doesn't bother me... Just waiting to see what else will be in Chinese.. I wish I knew if I could somehow flash a csc to get everything working... For now, I don't think the 9750 has any other csc's other than hk and ml china.

Verizon is CDMA based right? I keep seeing posts on saying it's GSM only, I'm assuming it would work on Sprint too right? Have you had any hiccups or missing features on Verizon?
5th May 2019, 04:55 AM |#80  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Edit... Well the Russians did it... Hope someone can knock this out for us carriers!

Ok so on verizon 9750 out the box...

Works...
4g (all verizon bands supported), texting, picture mail (only with 3rd party apps like Google messeges), volte, hdvoice with other verizon people

Not working/missing feature...
2g, 3g, picture mail (I guess it's just mms that's not working) with stock messenger, wifi calling, carrier aggregation (sucks I know)

I've tried flashing 975U csc in Odin and it won't go, even had a friend who knows **** try and fix the flash able, but still no go.

I just got magisk working so I hope that gives me a better chance at something, of course someone smarter than me will prolly have to figure it out.

Sprint DOES NOT WORK OUT THE BOX...
I'm guessing because CDMA isn't working (firmware or csc issue?) Sprint authenticates on CDMA so the phone can't register with the network.

That's when I got verizon sim, and I'm assuming they authenicate via LTE so the phone gets registered on the network and works
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monroe0328 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift monroe0328 Ad-Free
5th May 2019, 07:59 PM |#81  

More
I tried to join the pda forum but I fail on the cyrillic captcha XD

we need a russian expert here, do you know anyone?

Inviato dal mio SM-G9730 utilizzando Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)