FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sprint Hotspot Hack

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By aakid22, Junior Member on 8th March 2019, 11:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Bad news, the LTE functionality test hack used to edit apns on S9 and older phones doesn't work anymore. But good news is, if you know your MSL (all 0's for unlocked), you can create new APNs. Just dial ##3282#, put in your MSL, click APN Settings, and create a new APN with the same settings as APN2 LTE ... internet, but add dun at end of APN type.

You cannot modify the APN once you save it, but if you make a mistake, go to general management, reset, reset network settings to remove the APN you added and fix any problems.

Enjoy

EDIT: Updating profile deletes the APN so you should get used to creating new APNs frequently.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aakid22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aakid22 Ad-Free

10th March 2019, 12:54 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aakid22

Bad news, the LTE functionality test hack used to edit apns on S9 and older phones doesn't work anymore. But good news is, if you know your MSL (all 0's for unlocked), you can create new APNs. Just dial ##3282#, put in your MSL, click APN Settings, and create a new APN with the same settings as APN2 LTE ... internet, but add dun at end of APN type.

You cannot modify the APN once you save it, but if you make a mistake, go to general management, reset, reset network settings to remove the APN you added and fix any problems.

Enjoy

Does this back count toward data usage?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
10th March 2019, 12:58 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymikey1975

Does this back count toward data usage?

I do not believe so but I have not been able to verify yet. I can verify that it does switch APN because mobile data cuts off for a min when you switch to the one you made, and a similar procedure on the S9 did not count on my tethering data. I get 50gb and it didn't count at all, just my normal data. I will test with this new one though.
The Following User Says Thank You to aakid22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aakid22 Ad-Free
13th March 2019, 10:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
How can i get my sprint MSL ? Can I even get it from them if I am leasing the phone?
14th March 2019, 12:06 AM |#5  
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 845

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek

How can i get my sprint MSL ? Can I even get it from them if I am leasing the phone?

Just call andtell them you want it if they ask for what tell them you're a developer
The Following User Says Thank You to fatboypup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fatboypup Ad-Free
14th March 2019, 12:26 AM |#6  
Flag sevierville,TN
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Add button is greyed out... I am not unlocked, I used 6, 0's but it let me hit Ok
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190313-192437_Settings.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	4723109  
15th March 2019, 03:03 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hope to find better solutions.
17th March 2019, 06:43 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks this worked for me hopefully it sticks without profile getting updated.
23rd March 2019, 05:53 AM |#9  
Flag long beach
Thanks Meter: 24

More
How did you edit this my phone will not allow me to edit this its grayed out. I try to add a d it dose nothing
9th April 2019, 07:11 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
works.

how to get "enhanced LTE" working? so LTE stay connected while on voice call?
18th April 2019, 04:14 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It seems that after the new update, I can not change it to my new added apn. Anyone could help?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apn, galaxys10, hotspot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)