FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TWRP][Magisk][Snapdragon SM-G9730]How to get Stock ROM with TWRP and Root

201 posts
Thanks Meter: 79

By Fznwolf, Senior Member on 1st October 2019, 03:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Everyone,

With all of the hype around the Exynos phone its finally time for the TGY/CHC Snapdragon variants to get some attention.

No this won't work with US variants, please don't ask. This is tested on my normal s10 (SM-G9730). I'm not sure if the s10+ would work.

I've worked with a few key people to get this working. So credit goes to Flatty, Ianmacd and the creators of tomatolei rom.

This setup will let the user do the following:
-Boot/Restart phone without holding any odd button combos to boot into rooted rom.
-Hold the recovery buttons to get into TWRP.
-Not having to worry about losing root when restarting if you forget to hold your buttons, you don't need to hold anything once properly setup.

The following steps below will help you achieve a stock rom with TWRP:
1. You must be on stock rom, ideally non rooted. If you are rooted, flash your stock rom (The rom version is important, this was completed using the ASH2 version of the TGY firmware.) using ODIN (CSC HOME).
2. Once flashed boot into android and ensure OEM unlocking is enabled in developer settings.
3. Boot to download mode by turning the phone off, then press and hold the volume down button along with the Bixby key just beneath it, then press and hold the power button.
4. Flash attached TWRP from download mode. (This led my phone to boot looping). https://www.mediafire.com/file/cg8bc...omato.tar/file
5. Flash the second attached TWRP (you may have to restart and re-enter download mode again). (I believe the above flash is required too, as it likely contains vendor info). https://www.mediafire.com/file/21akg...-v4.0.tar/file
6. Reboot phone to recovery mode (Volume up, bixby and power upon restart) which will now boot you to TWRP.
7. Flash Snapdragon muti disabler from TWRP. https://www.mediafire.com/file/opbsc...g-1.6.zip/file *Per @FlatOutRU After flashing multidisabler you must Wipe Data (if you didn't do that before with twrp - Thanks for the clarification.
8. Boot to your rom and ensure all is well.
9. Feel free to download the latest Magisk zip and flash root from TWRP by using the recovery mode button sequence upon restart.

Sidenote: The G9730_TWRP_3.3.1-1_tomatolei-0831-v4.0.tar and tomatolei ROM also let me install PHH AOSP and PHH LineageOS

PHH AOSP microG: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...icial-t3878115

PHH LineageOS: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...ow-to-t3908029

Hopefully this gets a few nice Stock ROMs being produced.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fznwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fznwolf Ad-Free
2nd October 2019, 01:23 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Download links are added.
2nd October 2019, 08:46 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Fznwolf: congrat for this thread, well explained.

some question:
1) what's bring latestomato.tar ? , because no need this for me
2)magisk work for you even if you don't flash magisk_patched.tar?
3)are you able to make backup into twrp because for me it's failed. i think it work if use tomato rom but i prefer stay to tgy rom
2nd October 2019, 03:19 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebob

Fznwolf: congrat for this thread, well explained.

some question:
1) what's bring latestomato.tar ? , because no need this for me
2)magisk work for you even if you don't flash magisk_patched.tar?
3)are you able to make backup into twrp because for me it's failed. i think it work if use tomato rom but i prefer stay to tgy rom

Thanks for the compliment @pixiebob
1) I believe the latestomato.tar has some pieces of tomato rom that allow for booting.
2) Yes, i didnt use magisk_patched.tar. I used the official magisk zip after all of my original steps as the last step.
3) I have several backups, I'm on TGY. Try start from scratch and follow my above steps using a TGY rom. Sounds like you may need to wipe and start over using the original steps provided, make sure to use the multidisabler originally attached.
2nd October 2019, 04:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fznwolf

Thanks for the compliment @pixiebob
1) I believe the latestomato.tar has some pieces of tomato rom that allow for booting.
2) Yes, i didnt use magisk_patched.tar. I used the official magisk zip after all of my original steps as the last step.
3) I have several backups, I'm on TGY. Try start from scratch and follow my above steps using a TGY rom. Sounds like you may need to wipe and start over using the original steps provided, make sure to use the multidisabler originally attached.

you are right once multidisabler attached to your first post is installed i'm able in Twrp to backup ending without error, fantastic
2nd October 2019, 04:34 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebob

you are right once multidisabler attached to your first post is installed i'm able in Twrp to backup ending without error, fantastic

Great to hear it's working out.
2nd October 2019, 06:59 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Once we root and install twrp, how we can update the phone ?

Otherwise, thanks for your work !
2nd October 2019, 08:42 PM |#8  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Yay dude thanks for using my instruction and my modified zips without asking me first
You've got an attempt before - trying to post my 9730 overlay for AOSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fznwolf

I've worked with a few key people to get this working. So credit goes to Flatty, Ianmacd and the creators of tomatolei rom.

No, you didn't work with other people. You just spammed me ,my pm here and in telegram to get explanation and posted it here without permission
You've also forgot one important step. After flashing multidisabler you must Wipe Data (if didn't do that before with twrp)

Multidisabler - i've just changed a few lines in @ianmacd code to get it working on our Snapdragon variant.
Twrp.tar - extracted boot.img and recovery.img from @tomatolei ROM for S10+ 9750
2nd October 2019, 09:17 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks again @FlatOutRU I've updated the initial description to include the wipe after the muti-disabler flash as per your comments.

Hopefully this allows more work to be done on the Snap s10s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatOutRU

Yay dude thanks for using my instruction and my modified zips without asking me first
You've got an attempt before - trying to post my 9730 overlay for AOSP

No, you didn't work with other people. You just spammed me ,my pm here and in telegram to get explanation and posted it here without permission
You've also forgot one important step. After flashing multidisabler you must Wipe Data (if didn't do that before with twrp)

Multidisabler - i've just changed a few lines in @ianmacd code to get it working on our Snapdragon variant.
Twrp.tar - extracted boot.img and recovery.img from @tomatolei ROM for S10+ 9750

12th October 2019, 04:11 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thank you, it works perfectly.
15th October 2019, 08:55 AM |#11  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 353

More
what Magisk version do you use ?

Is it working with magisk v20 ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)