With all of the hype around the Exynos phone its finally time for the TGY/CHC Snapdragon variants to get some attention.
No this won't work with US variants, please don't ask. This is tested on my normal s10 (SM-G9730). I'm not sure if the s10+ would work.
I've worked with a few key people to get this working. So credit goes to Flatty, Ianmacd and the creators of tomatolei rom.
This setup will let the user do the following:
-Boot/Restart phone without holding any odd button combos to boot into rooted rom.
-Hold the recovery buttons to get into TWRP.
-Not having to worry about losing root when restarting if you forget to hold your buttons, you don't need to hold anything once properly setup.
The following steps below will help you achieve a stock rom with TWRP:
1. You must be on stock rom, ideally non rooted. If you are rooted, flash your stock rom (The rom version is important, this was completed using the ASH2 version of the TGY firmware.) using ODIN (CSC HOME).
2. Once flashed boot into android and ensure OEM unlocking is enabled in developer settings.
3. Boot to download mode by turning the phone off, then press and hold the volume down button along with the Bixby key just beneath it, then press and hold the power button.
4. Flash attached TWRP from download mode. (This led my phone to boot looping). https://www.mediafire.com/file/cg8bc...omato.tar/file
5. Flash the second attached TWRP (you may have to restart and re-enter download mode again). (I believe the above flash is required too, as it likely contains vendor info). https://www.mediafire.com/file/21akg...-v4.0.tar/file
6. Reboot phone to recovery mode (Volume up, bixby and power upon restart) which will now boot you to TWRP.
7. Flash Snapdragon muti disabler from TWRP. https://www.mediafire.com/file/opbsc...g-1.6.zip/file *Per @FlatOutRU After flashing multidisabler you must Wipe Data (if you didn't do that before with twrp - Thanks for the clarification.
8. Boot to your rom and ensure all is well.
9. Feel free to download the latest Magisk zip and flash root from TWRP by using the recovery mode button sequence upon restart.
Sidenote: The G9730_TWRP_3.3.1-1_tomatolei-0831-v4.0.tar and tomatolei ROM also let me install PHH AOSP and PHH LineageOS
PHH AOSP microG: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...icial-t3878115
PHH LineageOS: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...ow-to-t3908029
Hopefully this gets a few nice Stock ROMs being produced.