Heat

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the Samsung Galaxy S10 stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
Galaxy S10e: When installing/updating many apps, the sides of the phone's frame(mainly on the left side) does feel warmer then I would like.

solodV8

Jul 24, 2014
Galaxy S10: while on wireless charger and screen is on, phone overheats after 30min of use. Have to take it off wireless charger till it cools down. Disappointed. Didn't have the same issures on my Galaxy S8.

harkirat01

May 11, 2010
Pune
Mine has been heating up since a week or two and the phone is around a month old.
It gets warm without any significant app load and temperature range is around 32 to 38 deg C at that moment. (Checked using Accubattery app)
Also, a couple of observations from my end:
1. Usually happens when I am on 4G/LTE network. I will test on Wifi as well using the same apps.
2. Happens more while using specific apps - Reddit, Flipkart (India specific app) -- I'll try to find more universal apps and observe the pattern.
3. Network signal is poor.
4. Ambient temperature is high (Peak summers here in India)

I did a "Wipe Cache Partition" 2-3 days back after reading some articles online - didn't help though.
Battery and phone heating up - two things really making me wonder why I went ahead with the galaxy S10E.

SakazukiAka

May 18, 2019
Hey guys, could you add please wether you are using an Exynos or a Snpadragon phone? My researches suggest that S10/e/plus tend to get warmer/hotter with Exynos processor.
I had an exynos s10e that went warm/got with low load. I did send it back. I am considering buying a G9700

Throwinrocks

Dec 6, 2017
Galaxy S10: while on wireless charger and screen is on, phone overheats after 30min of use. Have to take it off wireless charger till it cools down. Disappointed. Didn't have the same issures on my Galaxy S8.
Don't wait. Send it in for a replacement ASAP. It's not going to just go away.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Everyone I know who owns any model S10 has complained about overheating. I hope this isn't going to be another Samsung battery debacle.:mad:

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?
I have a s10 Exynos using mine without a case and can confirm it does get warm. Coming from using a oneplus 6 and more recently a Huawei mate 20 pro this is not acceptable. Am not even playing games just twitter, fbook and ebay. I dare to think how hot this is going to be when I game on the phone. Does anyone know if the s10 plus has the same issue?

mhill1986

Jul 10, 2015
Hey guys, could you add please wether you are using an Exynos or a Snpadragon phone? My researches suggest that S10/e/plus tend to get warmer/hotter with Exynos processor.
I had an exynos s10e that went warm/got with low load. I did send it back. I am considering buying a G9700
For what it's worth, I have Snapdragon and have never had my s10 get even remotely hot. Seems like an Exynos issue?

SakazukiAka

May 18, 2019
I have a s10 Exynos using mine without a case and can confirm it does get warm. Coming from using a oneplus 6 and more recently a Huawei mate 20 pro this is not acceptable. Am not even playing games just twitter, fbook and ebay. I dare to think how hot this is going to be when I game on the phone. Does anyone know if the s10 plus has the same issue?

Yea, that was exactly the problem I was having. I didn't do anything fancy, just taking some pictures, browsing, checking messages and the phone would heat up notably. Under load it really gets got on the sides. It might be better with the S10+, but I wouldn't bet on it if it has an exynos.

For what it's worth, I have Snapdragon and have never had my s10 get even remotely hot. Seems like an Exynos issue?

Yea this seems like an exynos problem. I already sent back my S10e and I am looking to buy a G9700 (S10e with a snapdragon). Really sucks though, I do not understand why Samsung is doing this. the Snapdragon is better in almost every regard. I actually would not care that much if it there wouldn't be any heat problems

Dexy88

May 3, 2012
I have a s10+ exynos and I can confirm overheating issue......i do normal job (face,messanger, viber and texting) and my phone got pretty hot on the left middle corner on the back.....im dissapointing

Nikola Jovanovic

Jul 4, 2012
Yea, that was exactly the problem I was having. I didn't do anything fancy, just taking some pictures, browsing, checking messages and the phone would heat up notably. Under load it really gets got on the sides. It might be better with the S10+, but I wouldn't bet on it if it has an exynos.

Yea this seems like an exynos problem. I already sent back my S10e and I am looking to buy a G9700 (S10e with a snapdragon). Really sucks though, I do not understand why Samsung is doing this. the Snapdragon is better in almost every regard. I actually would not care that much if it there wouldn't be any heat problems
We in Eu do not have that kind of opportunity to buy snapdragon here. I would love to have it though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Glotttis

Mar 2, 2013
Not sure what problems you are all having. S10e Exynos here and no heating problem. The only time phone gets hot is when playing Asphalt 9 with 60FPS setting enabled (but it's expected because graphics are super high end for a phone). During normal app usage there is no heat at all!

Ryknex

May 13, 2012
Using Exynos S10 I can confirm overheating with bluetooth music listening in spotify over celluar network, can't say the same about game, yes it heats but maybe tolerable, but its not super normal either