FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,698

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 10th January 2019, 04:03 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Samsung Galaxy S10 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

8th March 2019, 11:46 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It is still behind Google Pixel.
8th March 2019, 05:25 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemonius

It is still behind Google Pixel.

Totally agree. Coming from pixel 3. Its way behind. Front Camera is just ****. How can Samsung releases a premium phone with such a low quality camera? Regretting selling my pixel 3.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nickporwal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickporwal Ad-Free
8th March 2019, 06:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Coming from an iphone 8 plus...

The quality is good but disappointing. I cannot believe DXOMARK gave it 109 rating and 114 in photo-shooting...

I understand that HDR+ process is really good, and that the bokeh effect is "realistic"... but the telephoto lens is just awful. On iphone 8 plus the telephoto lens gave me a beautiful sense of profundity and natural colors, here the bokeh is non existent and I find the image "cold".

Also, there is a lack of fine detail and sharpness noticeable in almost all pics.
8th March 2019, 07:04 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Can't believe that iPhone 8 plus makes better photos....

All friends Said that iPhone pics are not good... Since series 8
8th March 2019, 07:42 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The tele lens is not that advanced or given a thought about, they were mostly focused on the regular and the UW lens...the pics from those 2 lenses are a tid bit over exposed but I rather have them over exposed than under and get noise in post.
8th March 2019, 09:40 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickporwal

Totally agree. Coming from pixel 3. Its way behind. Front Camera is just ****. How can Samsung releases a premium phone with such a low quality camera? Regretting selling my pixel 3.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That's interesting. I would have to compare
GuestK00143
9th March 2019, 01:41 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Coming from a Pixel 3 I'm very happy with the S10+. The color accuracy is much better in my experience so far and I find the three lenses much more useful than a single lens. The Pixel did take some nice photos but I'm liking this camera more. I'm really not agreeing with all the negative reviews I see here.
9th March 2019, 03:50 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quick pic of my 4 door zo6 leaving work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190308_173243.jpg
Views:	4504
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	4719515  
The Following User Says Thank You to JayRolla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JayRolla Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 03:50 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickporwal

Well said.. the selfies look overly done and funny.. disappointed..
9th March 2019, 10:56 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Coming from pixel 3 XL an iPhone X's max the front camera is the worse camera on any phone super soft and colours are very flat. I can't wait for the pixel camera mod for the s10 plus and least the front camera can be usable
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)