Thanks Meter: 14,274

Post Reply Email Thread
21st September 2019, 09:15 PM |#421  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaus2007

@frief
if kg state is on prenormal: leave phone turned on (with sim inserted), connect to wifi and wait at least 180 hours (no joke).
it should return to normal, then you should be able to flash TWRP. [..]

Quote:
Originally Posted by frief

My phone unfortunately still is in kg state prenormal.

The phone was continuously on for 9 days with sim inserted. Wlan was on but the phone was not non-stop connected (e.g. router off during night and the phone was moved between different locations).
The last 5 days I daily switched off the phone and hen put the device into download mode to see whether KG state changed (maybe I should have waited longer and my repeated checking resets the delay).

Anything pointers/ideas what I could do?

Waited again (this time for 204 hours with sim inserted and WLAN continuously on) before checking. The phone still is in kg state prenormal

This is very frustrating and I have little hope that it magically resolves if I repeat the very same procedure. I should do something different. What can I do?
22nd September 2019, 01:26 AM |#422  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Any one else experience error 4 in twrp??
22nd September 2019, 10:56 AM |#423  
Flag Tartu
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Rom works great, have been using it for past 4 days, no problems...

I have discovered only one bug: Proximity sensor seems to not work...

BTW, does anyone know a good camera app, that allows to do slow-motion with this device(I know, that you cannot do 960fps probably, because samsung camera SDK yada yada yada, but 240fps should be doable(google camera works but really unstable))

Is there a way to change vibrator motor strenght, right now it is really strong...
22nd September 2019, 11:12 AM |#424  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frief

Waited again (this time for 204 hours with sim inserted and WLAN continuously on) before checking. The phone still is in kg state prenormal

This is very frustrating and I have little hope that it magically resolves if I repeat the very same procedure. I should do something different. What can I do?

First of all many, many thanks to Ivan for the great work - I'll finance some beers - cheers.

I had the same issue with the KG state being prenormal - what worked for me (without waiting hours) on a SM-973F is the following procedure:
  • Starting first time setup the phone without Google account
  • Enter developer options (tapping 7 times on build number)
  • Activate USB debugging in developer options
  • OEM Unlock not visible in developer options (due to KG State / RMM State being prenormal)
  • Connecting phone via USB to PC and install Samsung device drivers
  • Installing ODIN v3.13 on PC
  • Shutting down phone
  • Downloading ASG8 firmware from Sammobile
  • Extract tar files from archive, for me that was G973FXXU3ASG8_G973FOXM3ASG8_DBT.zip
  • Install ODIN v3.13
  • Enter download mode of phone by plugging in USB-C Cable (connected to PC) while pressing Volume Down + Bixby buttons
  • Flash ASG8 firmware (suggested by Ivan) to phone via odin - maybe this is the key thing - as the firmware is "old" enough (before February 2019) for the following trick to work (not sure though if it is really necessary)

Aligning to the guide "how-to-fix-and-by-pass-rmm-state-locked-on-samsung-galaxy-devices.html" (I may not insert an external link as I'm an newbie on XDA) I did the following:
  • Restart phone
  • Connect to WLAN with internet connection
  • Enter settings, general settings, time and date, deactivate automatic date updating, set manually
  • Change date to date more than 7 days in the past - I entered 01.11.2018
  • Go back to settings, software update, deactivate automatic updating via WLAN, update now, searching updates is enough - you should not install any, restart phone
  • Go to settings, developer options, oem unlock should now be there, activate oem unlock, activate usb debugging, shut down phone
  • Enter download mode, unlock by long pressing Volume Up button, continue
  • Restart phone, connect to WLAN to connect to internet to trigger KG/RMM prenormal, setup phone without google account, enable usb debugging in developer options again, shut down phone
  • Reboot to recovery mode with Volume Up + Bixby + Power button, do a factory reset, shut down phone

Here you are - follow the instructions by nikolaus2007 in this thread and be happy.
Hope this works for you as well - good luck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaulCombuse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PaulCombuse Ad-Free
22nd September 2019, 08:58 PM |#425  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello,

Any hope for sharing the sources online?

I need to port the samsung s10e on SailfishOS and I need lineageos source code for this device to achieve this...

Kindest regards, thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lp35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lp35 Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 01:09 PM |#426  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Anyone using this ROM without Gapps and with microG? Does it work fine?
24th September 2019, 08:17 AM |#427  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
NEW

PDA: G970FXXU3ASIG
CSC: G970FOXM3ASIE

SOURCE: sammobile: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...ware/SM-G970F/ : )
The Following User Says Thank You to goodflood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift goodflood Ad-Free
24th September 2019, 06:36 PM |#428  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgaR

Is it possible to run this ROM encrypted, now or in the future?

Encryption is number 1 requirement on a phone so asking before a flash.

Bump.
After flashing multidisabler, formatting the data and flashing LOS, will data partition be encrypted again once LOS will boot up?

I don't want to run phone unencrypted.
Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to cowgaR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cowgaR Ad-Free
24th September 2019, 08:01 PM |#429  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgaR

Bump.
After flashing multidisabler, formatting the data and flashing LOS, will data partition be encrypted again once LOS will boot up?

I don't want to run phone unencrypted.
Thank you.

You can encrypt it later if you want
The Following User Says Thank You to ExtremeGrief For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ExtremeGrief Ad-Free
24th September 2019, 08:02 PM |#430  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGrief

You can encrypt it later if you want

Are you sure? Can the the twrp in the first post decrypt?
24th September 2019, 08:04 PM |#431  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancinguy

Are you sure?

Yes,but why do you want enctyption?
The Following User Says Thank You to ExtremeGrief For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ExtremeGrief Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)