Originally Posted by frief
Waited again (this time for 204 hours with sim inserted and WLAN continuously on) before checking. The phone still is in kg state prenormal
This is very frustrating and I have little hope that it magically resolves if I repeat the very same procedure. I should do something different. What can I do?
First of all many, many thanks to Ivan for the great work - I'll finance some beers - cheers.
I had the same issue with the KG state being prenormal
- what worked for me (without waiting hours) on a SM-973F is the following procedure:
- Starting first time setup the phone without Google account
- Enter developer options (tapping 7 times on build number)
- Activate USB debugging in developer options
- OEM Unlock not visible in developer options (due to KG State / RMM State being prenormal)
- Connecting phone via USB to PC and install Samsung device drivers
- Installing ODIN v3.13 on PC
- Shutting down phone
- Downloading ASG8 firmware from Sammobile
- Extract tar files from archive, for me that was G973FXXU3ASG8_G973FOXM3ASG8_DBT.zip
- Install ODIN v3.13
- Enter download mode of phone by plugging in USB-C Cable (connected to PC) while pressing Volume Down + Bixby buttons
- Flash ASG8 firmware (suggested by Ivan) to phone via odin - maybe this is the key thing - as the firmware is "old" enough (before February 2019) for the following trick to work (not sure though if it is really necessary)
Aligning to the guide "how-to-fix-and-by-pass-rmm-state-locked-on-samsung-galaxy-devices.html" (I may not insert an external link as I'm an newbie on XDA)
I did the following:
- Restart phone
- Connect to WLAN with internet connection
- Enter settings, general settings, time and date, deactivate automatic date updating, set manually
- Change date to date more than 7 days in the past - I entered 01.11.2018
- Go back to settings, software update, deactivate automatic updating via WLAN, update now, searching updates is enough - you should not install any, restart phone
- Go to settings, developer options, oem unlock should now be there, activate oem unlock, activate usb debugging, shut down phone
- Enter download mode, unlock by long pressing Volume Up button, continue
- Restart phone, connect to WLAN to connect to internet to trigger KG/RMM prenormal, setup phone without google account, enable usb debugging in developer options again, shut down phone
- Reboot to recovery mode with Volume Up + Bixby + Power button, do a factory reset, shut down phone
Here you are - follow the instructions by nikolaus2007
in this thread and be happy.
Hope this works for you as well - good luck.