[ROM] LineageOS 16.0 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos

Search This thread
You can sometimes go back. I think it depends where Samsung change the code or does it blow a qfuse, or was that LG. Not hundred percent sure. I do know you can sometimes go back but then you'll upgrade to a particular FW & it wont allow you to downgrade again. Correct me if I'm wrong :)
yes I guess as you said, but somehow the developers can edit these boot files, and give us a bootable android 10 or 9. but none of the developers are addressing this issue. they act like they don't exist :/

monc1975@yahoo.com

Aug 24, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G3
yes I guess as you said, but somehow the developers can edit these boot files, and give us a bootable android 10 or 9. but none of the developers are addressing this issue. they act like they don't exist :/
It is a shame but I guess the developers move on to newer devices. I think both Ivan & Luke have moved on as I haven't seen any work on the S10 from these 2 for a long time. I was in the Telegram groups & there was very little conversation. I appreciate the time they spent on making excellent roms for the S10 but I ended up going back to rooted stock & debloating. Good luck with your quest :)

It is a shame but I guess the developers move on to newer devices. I think both Ivan & Luke have moved on as I haven't seen any work on the S10 from these 2 for a long time. I was in the Telegram groups & there was very little conversation. I appreciate the time they spent on making excellent roms for the S10 but I ended up going back to rooted stock & debloating. Good luck with your quest :)
at least they can explain if downgrade is possible or not possible if we deal with rom. or they can tell you how to move android 9 rom to updated bootloader again. but they ignore these messages .
thanks for support

Reactions: monc1975@yahoo.com

Dr. Wanderfar

Feb 13, 2024
I need some help & I'd be so grateful if anyone can give me a hand. I'm a bit of a beginner (I've installed Lineage on about 5-6 devices & rooted them in the past, with good results). I'm trying to install this app Because I prefer this version of Android/Lineage to the most recent ones.

The instructions in the first post seem pretty clear, except where they read: "Make sure you are on ASIG firmware (ASII and ASJG are untested as samsung didnt release kernel source yet (ASII should work tho))". I know what firmware is, but I'm not sure what this means in it's entirety, & I'm having no luck with web searches.

Thing is, I haven't bought this phone yet. I'm looking for a good version of the Galaxy S10e to run this on, & I wanna make sure I buy the right one. Seems that the G970F or the G970U are good choices, & they'll of course come with the official firmware, but on which ones is the official firmware ASIG?? How do I find this out? What if I can't find out beforehand if it's ASIG or ASII, & the phone I order comes without either? I assume you can get it online & flash it, but I've been lookin round the usual firmware sites & none specify whether their stock firmware is ASIG or not. What happens if I just follow the instructions without regard for whether the firmware the phone comes with is ASIG?

I'm also unsure whether the stock version of Android on the phone has to be 9, or if it can be a more recent version. Since this version of Lineage is based on Android 9, what happens if the phone comes with more updated stock firmware & I try to install everything anyway?

Please help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 16.0 for Galaxy S10 Series

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake
    - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
    a) Logcat
    b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
    c) /data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps and addonsu installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on ASIG firmware (ASII and ASJG are untested as samsung didnt release kernel source yet (ASII should work tho))
    Download official twrp from twrp.me
    flash twrp as per given instructions
    Once in twrp flash multi-disabler
    format data
    flash vbmeta_disabler.zip from gdrive link below if you dont already have vbmeta disabled
    wipe cache dalvink system
    flash LineageOS
    If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
    Install addonsu if you want root (make sure system is not mounted before flashing addonsu)
    Reboot the device

If you are updating from previous release just flash the rom on top of old one and wipe cache/dalvik(art) cache

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    (Select build coresponding to your devices codename, S10e = beyond0lte | s10 = beyond1lte | s10+ = beyond2lte)

OpenGapps
    Root

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
    if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Based On Android 9 Pie
    Changelog

- Updated to ASIG kernel source (master_asig branch)
    - Cleaned up kernel source
    - Merged October system patch
    - Misc performance and stability updates
    - Sycned with LOS source

- Added double tap to wake (Settings -> display -> Advanced)
    - Added Wireless PowerShare (Add quick settings toggle for it)
    - Added extra wide angle camera app (Stand alone install it manually)
    - Fixed cooldown value for brightness sensor so its less bouncy in direct sunlight
    - Made bixby key mapable
    - Removed unused backlight setting entry
    - Synced with LineageOS source

- Added support for ASH1 firmware
    - Tuned light sensor debounce values to prevent random brightness changes
    - Fixed permissions for HotwordEnrollment (Googles off screen assistant)
    - Added support for exfat formated sdcards
    - Fixed issue where kernel couldnt be cross-compiled with newer version of host kernel

- Improved auto brightness debounce values
    - Properly fixed signal indicator
    - Fixed Proximity sensor in calls (Note that it works same way as on stock so not every app can use it just like on stock)
    - Added SSENSOR permission for sensors/services using it (see system/etc/permissions/privapp-permissions-ssensor.xml)
    - Ficed issue where wrong power hal would be loaded
    - General stability improvements
    - Improved installer handling

- First public release

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 16.0 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_beyondlte

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ASG8 or ASH1
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-01

Created 2019-08-12
    Last Updated 2019-11-01
    Progress update, i got q booting on day that it source was released with almost everything working, I just need to clean up few hacks that are in place right now and after that ill release first test aosp release based on it, its pretty bare bone right now as no lineage features have been merged yet
    Since i realized i never posted any proper teasers from q here are some screenshots, Just need to do some final testing before i feel like posting the rom since i want to be sure there isnt any regression compared to pie

PVvKJZ3.png

I6leP51.png

9DTloOc.png

New builds are up here is a brief changelog
    - Added double tap to wake (Settings -> display -> Advanced)
    - Added Wireless PowerShare (Add quick settings toggle for it)
    - Added extra wide angle camera app (Stand alone install it manually)
    - Fixed cooldown value for brightness sensor so its less bouncy in direct sunlight
    - Made bixby key mapable
    - Removed unused backlight setting entry
    - Synced with LineageOS source

Also as a sidenote You can manually install wide angle camera app available at gdrive link and it will make use of wide angle lense (On s10+ both front and back)

Wireless powershare can be added as a quick settings toggle just like on stock (As of right now there is no led indicator on the back as i need to find sysfs node for it but wireless powershare itself works completely fine and you can check its status from icon status (Its always disabled after reboot and icon has a lot of failsafe checks))

Double tap to wake is available from Settings -> Display -> advanced -> double tap to wake

And please stop complaing by issues you got into by using magisk patched twrp its not rom related bug so this is not place for discussion about it

Next update will probably add support for 5g and note 10 series of devices if i find testers for note thats why i didnt push device tree yet (I really dont want people just taking it changing literally 10 lines and claiming it as their own work as this has happened in past a lot of times)

I would also like to thank donators as i do this in my free time and donations help with build server cost and get me a coffee.
    Anyway hope you all enjoy the build
    Hey guys quick update on status of updates, I had a little accident and ended up in a hospital, While i do have my laptop with me all of the source for q is at my home pc, Im really sorry i didnt have a chance to post update before this happened But ill do it as soon as i get back home, Once again really sorry for delays but project will continue really soon hopefuly