FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Pie] [System-as-root] Multidisabler: encryption, Vaultkeeper, proca, auto-restore

2,061 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,071

Post Reply Email Thread
12th April 2019, 03:23 PM |#11  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 319

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensux

thanks, i am going to try it again. i have been able to get into twrp on the first try, but it always reboots after the Samsung logo comes up and it looks like its going to boot

Same here... twrp+multi disabler+format data+wipe cache+soldier's zip (in that order). Everything was fine until I pressed power off. Needed to go all over again... and am wondering if it really pays off of having twrp......
12th April 2019, 03:25 PM |#12  
Flag Berlin and Toronto
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmacd

No, this disabler has no effect on the need to hold down keys to boot the recovery partition.

Thanks. But l can flash it after rooting with "TWRP for Galaxy S10 Magisk Prepatched by geiti94"?
12th April 2019, 04:46 PM |#13  
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr4go

Same here... twrp+multi disabler+format data+wipe cache+soldier's zip (in that order). Everything was fine until I pressed power off. Needed to go all over again... and am wondering if it really pays off of having twrp......

seems like only a very small amount of people have been able to get it to work. the procedures are more complicated than with past phones, but i wonder if there could be a very specific version of bootloader we need to have flashed, not just any of the ASCA's
12th April 2019, 05:55 PM |#14  
Flag Kristianstad
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr4go

And, really, I think at this point that ppl saying it working for them actuallly never tried a true power down.

I still think therefore that all have the same problem. If you shutdown your phone manually or run out of battery, you are screwed.
The Following User Says Thank You to PiCkLeS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PiCkLeS Ad-Free
12th April 2019, 07:01 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS

And, really, I think at this point that ppl saying it working for them actuallly never tried a true power down.

I still think therefore that all have the same problem. If you shutdown your phone manually or run out of battery, you are screwed.

What I didn't understand is what happens once you turn off the phone ?? Brick unrecoverable ??
Or it must be redone all starting from download mode and stock firmware, what interests me to know is only if the phone is easily recoverable or you risk big.
12th April 2019, 07:04 PM |#16  
Flag Kristianstad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drago122

What I didn't understand is what happens once you turn off the phone ?? Brick unrecoverable ??
Or it must be redone all starting from download mode and stock firmware, what interests me to know is only if the phone is easily recoverable or you risk big.

What I mean is that few ppl actually turn off their phones. But if they do they are stuck with no way to boot system at all or able to boot into twrp recovery .

Most just reboot and there the keycombo works fine.

So if you have the twrp solution done, and power down your phone (off, not reboot) yes you probably must start over from the beginning.
The Following User Says Thank You to PiCkLeS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PiCkLeS Ad-Free
12th April 2019, 07:57 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

What I mean is that few ppl actually turn off their phones. But if they do they are stuck with no way to boot system at all or able to boot into twrp recovery .

Most just reboot and there the keycombo works fine.

So if you have the twrp solution done, and power down your phone (off, not reboot) yes you probably must start over from the beginning.

Ok but you don't risk a hard brick, you have to start again from the download mode and the stock firmware must be put back and then everything else, correct?
12th April 2019, 08:16 PM |#18  
Flag Kristianstad

More
Quote:

Ok but you don't risk a hard brick, you have to start again from the download mode and the stock firmware must be put back and then everything else, correct?

Yes.
12th April 2019, 08:26 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

Yes.

Thank you for the clarifications
12th April 2019, 08:36 PM |#20  
Flag Kristianstad

More
Quote:

Thsnk you for the clarifications

You are welcome
15th April 2019, 04:50 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
I understand that this thread says "G97XF" all over. However, is there any reason this wouldn't work on the Chinese/HK SM-G9750/SM-G9730 variants? It seems confirmed magisk is working on them, it would be pretty cool if this (then ultimately the prepatched TWRP) does.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)