[Recovery][Official] TWRP 3.3.1-10 [G97*0][Snap][3.Jan.20]

Search This thread

nawaf2816

Mar 13, 2007
Pretty sure the "N" devices are exynos, so no.

Thank u for the quick response, what's the alternative recovery and root for Exynos devices?
I had the galaxy S8 (Exynos) before and was supported!

BTW: below is the details info as per (www.imei.info) web site, I'm not sure if this is accurate!

d.php

Last edited:

-YC-

Feb 18, 2019
Official TWRP 3.3.1 for SM-G9750/G9730/G9700

Would this work for:
Model number: SM-G970W
Baseband version: G970WVLS2ASIV

?

My 2nd question:
How do i enable OEM Unlock? It's not showing up in the developer mode area. I have done countless of date alterations and update checks. I am now currently waiting on 7 days + to see if its showing(wifi enabled)

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Would this work for:
Model number: SM-G970W
Baseband version: G970WVLS2ASIV

?

My 2nd question:
How do i enable OEM Unlock? It's not showing up in the developer mode area. I have done countless of date alterations and update checks. I am now currently waiting on 7 days + to see if its showing(wifi enabled)

You answered your first question with your second. I'm pretty sure W devices are locked

wora92

Sep 19, 2019
@Mentalmuso, I hope you don't mind me asking once again about encryption. As you might remember I use an exynos device but I'd like to hear your thoughts on that anyways. When I initially flash TWRP and LOS and keep FBE enabled I can totally fine boot up LOS, do some things with the phone etc. As soon as I restart the phone TWRP shows up and hangs at the splash screen. Only flashing stock helps then. So I wonder: Why is it possible to initially boot up the phone and use it? Why is TWRP showing up if I choose reboot system from within LOS? Why does TWRP stuck at splash screen - could it be that it stucks because it cannot read it's own config file (which would be on /data that is encrypted)? Would there be a way to make TWRP ignoring that fact and not keeping stuck? I mean I don't need TWRP to be able to read encrypted /data. I just would like to not get stuck.

I hope you have some ideas about that.

goodflood

Aug 25, 2012
I have asked my question already here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80988415&postcount=61

To reiterate:

Following Ian's instructions and work, I was on...

Device: S10e
TWRP: 3.3.1-7
ROM: LOS 16
APPS: GAPPS
ROOT: SU

To upgrade to LOS 17, I started with trying to update TWRP. I used ODIN Odin3 v3.13.3 and missed unchecking the Auto-Reboot, as the option is within a tab. Now I am in a boot loop. What do I do?

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
I have asked my question already here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80988415&postcount=61

To reiterate:

Following Ian's instructions and work, I was on...

Device: S10e
TWRP: 3.3.1-7
ROM: LOS 16
APPS: GAPPS
ROOT: SU

To upgrade to LOS 17, I started with trying to update TWRP. I used ODIN Odin3 v3.13.3 and missed unchecking the Auto-Reboot, as the option is within a tab. Now I am in a boot loop. What do I do?

Hold volume up and bixby until you enter recovery? I dunno, failing that flash stock Odin and start from scratch

Reactions: goodflood

goodflood

Aug 25, 2012
Out of bootloop : )

Thanks for replying...

I tried twrp-3.3.1-8-beyond0lte.img no luck... then,
I tried twrp-3.3.1-7-beyond0lte.img, it worked... : )
I had to hold the POWER + BIXBY + UP a long time... but it did YES : )

Hold volume up and bixby until you enter recovery? I dunno, failing that flash stock Odin and start from scratch

byteXpression

Aug 31, 2017
Frankfurt
At the moment TWRP is not compatible with the Samsung S10 series (Exynos) and LOS17 (when patched with Magisk). It will bootloop / get stuck at the splash screen. This also happens when the data partition is not encrypted.

Blackweiser35

Jan 28, 2017
Tmwhat is the major difference?

I am currently a Verizon Wireless Consultant and use a factory unlocked s10+. My current version is the G975u and on Android 10 beta on U1SKL. What is the major difference with snapdragon title post that makes it non compatible to unlock a d root. I really never imagined galaxy 10 would be stupid

bsam55

Jun 28, 2012
I am currently a Verizon Wireless Consultant and use a factory unlocked s10+. My current version is the G975u and on Android 10 beta on U1SKL. What is the major difference with snapdragon title post that makes it non compatible to unlock a d root. I really never imagined galaxy 10 would be stupid

Your unlocked model refers to carrier unlocking so phone is not restricted to one provider network. G975u is a US model but, carrier unlocked. At the insistence of US providers, all US models have a bootloader that cannot be unlocked to allow rooting and modification (custom recovery, roms etc.) Chinese and Hong Kong phones are Snapdragon SoC phones that do not have locked bootloader and are therefore able to be rooted and modified.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

N1ldo

Nov 1, 2011
Marinha Grande / Leiria
Hi,

I followed the process, however, phone is not booting into system, instead it boots into TWRP every time. Am I missing any obvious step? Do I need to flash patched twrp.tar in Odin? Also after flashing TWRP, as mentioned in point 6 below, it is required to Unmount system and then Flash Magisk 19.4. Does it mean, while flashing Kernel, System need to be mount? By default TWRP is with system unmount.
P.S.- I have already rooted the phone, couple of months back, using patched firmware (using magisk 19.3). However, in order to follow your process, I first flashed stock ROM (G9730ZHU1ASD4_G9730TGY1ASD4_TGY.zip).

I have the same problem.
how did you solve it?

Vuska

Hi sir @Mentalmuso.... right now i'm using your twrp with G9750.

if i make a backup of full rom, and test another rom... and if i wanna go back to first rom... what partitions i have to backup ?
system, data, and ?? (boot, baseband, efs, system image, vendor image, product image) ?

please enlighten me... Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.neuraldump.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2Fteamwin.png

Official TWRP 3.3.1 for SM-G9750/G9730/G9700

*** Not for USA carrier devices, this will only work on devices with an unlocked bootloader

Telegram thread

Built using OMNI source 9.0
    TWRP v3.3.1

See post #2 for install steps

Changelog...

v1
    Initial build
    MTP, OTG and SDcard all working
    Encryption not working, but being implemented later

v2
    Added N9700 support
    Updated kernel to SI3

v3
    Fixed img flashing

v6
    TWRP is now official
    Magisk patches are no longer included, patch yourself
    Added dtbo img

v7
    Fixed recovery_dtbo
    Encryption support added

TWRP Downloads

Download TWRP 3.3.1 folder
    Telegram thread

Official TWRP tree G9750
    Official TWRP tree G9730
    Official TWRP tree G9700

Thanks to @geiti94 and @klabit87 for allowing me to constantly pick their brains

--------------------->

Beer fund

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Galaxy s10, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S10+

Contributors
    Mentalmuso, mentalmuso
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/mentalmuso/android_kernel_samsung_beyondq

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-10-09
    Last Updated 2019-10-09
    Installation

* Unlock bootloader first
    * Reboot recovery and reboot system now behave normally after flashing.
    * No more patching in Magisk manager at all.
    * Be aware, first clean boot, hangs on building cache, hard reboot after waiting about 3min and you'll boot past this
    * If simply updating your existing TWRP, v9 upwards, you only need to flash the TWRP.img in recovery. No need to reflash kernel and Magisk.

Process from bone stock
    1. Flash TWRP.tar in Odin
    2. Reboot directly into TWRP
    3. Format data, reboot recovery
    4. Flash kernel
    5. Flash encryption disabler if desired.
    6. Unmount system, Flash Magisk 19.4 (not 20.*)
    7. Reboot system

Process from existing TWRP
    1. Flash TWRP.img to recovery
    2. Reboot recovery
    3. Flash Kernel zip
    4. Unmount system and Flash Magisk zip
    5. Reboot system

--->
    Don't update to Magisk 20.0, there are issues with it on Qualcomm devices.
    TWRP 3.3.1-10 + WETA Kernel 3.0 for Android 10 only

Updated for Android 10

G9700

G9730

G9750

--->
    TWRP 3.3.1-6

TWRP is now official
    Added dtbo for magisk
    Magisk is not included patched into imgs from now on

Download folder || Telegram

--->