[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+

2,040 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,600

By geiti94, Senior Member on 8th April 2019, 12:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th April 2019, 03:39 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
How does this TWRP + Magisk work, don't we need to patch our firmware? What is this that were downloading specifically?
8th April 2019, 03:45 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam51dill

How does this TWRP + Magisk work, don't we need to patch our firmware? What is this that were downloading specifically?

Thats what i was starting to suspect is the reason I can't get it to work. I think we need to install twrp AFTER installing magisk (with patched firmware) with John's instructions.
8th April 2019, 04:58 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palamosteliaro

Thats what i was starting to suspect is the reason I can't get it to work. I think we need to install twrp AFTER installing magisk (with patched firmware) with John's instructions.

I flashed TWRP without knowing that it is needed to flash encryption disable, my phone was rooted at the moment and I just grab the file ,flash it and enter TWRP ,I then flash SoLdieR9312s G97X AROMA MOD ZIP, and everything goes well but then at boot the screen goes black, the phone does nothing, but it appears to be power on , Odin detected it, after a few tries with botton combination, finally I can boot into download mode need to reflash stock, but it appears protected by soldierR9312s instead of Knox, after I reflash magisk, I tried to flash TWRP again but no luck!! Never pass from logo it keeps rebooting and and rebooting , can anyone show me what I did? And why can I flash twrp anymore?
8th April 2019, 05:40 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerostratos

I flashed TWRP without knowing that it is needed to flash encryption disable, my phone was rooted at the moment and I just grab the file ,flash it and enter TWRP ,I then flash SoLdieR9312s G97X AROMA MOD ZIP, and everything goes well but then at boot the screen goes black, the phone does nothing, but it appears to be power on , Odin detected it, after a few tries with botton combination, finally I can boot into download mode need to reflash stock, but it appears protected by soldierR9312s instead of Knox, after I reflash magisk, I tried to flash TWRP again but no luck!! Never pass from logo it keeps rebooting and and rebooting , can anyone show me what I did? And why can I flash twrp anymore?

If you get stuck at the logo that says "press the power to reboot" hold vol down + bixby and connect your usb cable to the phone and it will boot to download mode. Usb needs to be connected to computer and then you can flash stock and start over.
I just installed successfully magisk and got it rooted. I wanted to try and install the twrp maybe it would boot to recovery this time but no luck. After flashing it on odin, holding the buttons doesn't do anything. If I reboot on download and hold vol up + bixby + power IMMEDIATELY (like the instructions for magisk suggest to boot in stock recovery) it just bootloops. Samsung galaxy logo with red letters warning, going to the bootloader warning and immediately rebooting after that. I tried holding vol up + bixby only, vol up + bixby + usb cable, but nothing. I simply havent been able to boot to twrp yet. Even after all that mess, I was still able to flash stock back and get it to boot again, so I am sure u will be fine too.
The Following User Says Thank You to palamosteliaro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palamosteliaro Ad-Free
8th April 2019, 06:37 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How can I reebot Phone without bootloop? Bixby + vol up + Power doesn't work.
After first boot to twrp how can I boot to recovery again?
Adway doesn't work without restart... I did it and i catch bootloop...
8th April 2019, 06:54 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I gave up, after more than 5 hours trying different things to boot TWRP i flashed again Stock Image Magisk patched and everything is fine now. Gonna wait till it's more stable.
8th April 2019, 07:19 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

If you get stuck at the logo that says "press the power to reboot" hold vol down + bixby and connect your usb cable to the phone and it will boot to download mode. Usb needs to be connected to computer and then you can flash stock and start over.
I just installed successfully magisk and got it rooted. I wanted to try and install the twrp maybe it would boot to recovery this time but no luck. After flashing it on odin, holding the buttons doesn't do anything. If I reboot on download and hold vol up + bixby + power IMMEDIATELY (like the instructions for magisk suggest to boot in stock recovery) it just bootloops. Samsung galaxy logo with red letters warning, going to the bootloader warning and immediately rebooting after that. I tried holding vol up + bixby only, vol up + bixby + usb cable, but nothing. I simply havent been able to boot to twrp yet. Even after all that mess, I was still able to flash stock back and get it to boot again, so I am sure u will be fine too.

Tjanks , yes I flash everything again and have my phone rooted like before twrp flash, but my question is why did I reboot into twrp the first time and know I can boot doing either of the way I did the first time I didn't read all the instructions, and flashing like the instructions says.....
8th April 2019, 08:12 PM |#28  
Flag Kristianstad
Thanks Meter: 146

More
So.. my 5 cents to this.

Im one of all ppl that does make it as far as getting everything installed just fine. After flash of the encryption-disabler zip and getting into system and doing the setup, starting magisk manager and letting it do its thing - all is really fine. It boots up and everything works.

However.

Upon first reboot by choice, nothing gets me into twrp a second time.

The first thing i noticed, ive been testing things for a few hours now in different configurations, is that when this occurs for instance when i choose to "Power off" from system, and proceed to press power, bixby and vol-up and starting the phone, the powerbutton is instantanious. What i mean by that is that when it fires up and if I dont care about the other buttons, each press on the powerbutton will INSTANTLY switch me between the normal Samsung S10-greeting-text-logo and the next screen with warnings and lastly black screen and a really quick "reboot" and back to the logo again. If i press the powerbutton ten times or more over and over again it will lightning fast switch between these three "states".

This also occurs when I just hold the powerbutton alone, or all three relevant buttons at once. It flickers crazy fast between the three "screens".

So.. Could it be, that for some reason, after inital setup and then with first reboot / power off, the combo of keys get somehow screwed up? The powerbutton usually isnt that fast.

Also. When im in this state, if I just press vol-down and bixby and holds them, and just quickly click the powerbutton it will actually accept that and go into download mode. Ie, the powerbutton doesnt need to be depressed at all.

It is as if the powerbutton has become too "fast".

Also, lastly, there is no way to turn of the phone in this state. No matter what you do. The only thing to go back is to go into download mode and reflash stock AP or Johns own magisk-patched.tar.

All I want to say, is there are many of us having this problem. But few of us will say anything here or in different Telegram groups, since we at this point get called stupid and "you must be doing something wrong". But I have had all the S-phones since the beginning and I just dont buy that. All works well until first reboot. And then _something_ must occur that isnt "our" fault..

//P (very old, been here since forever)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PiCkLeS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PiCkLeS Ad-Free
8th April 2019, 09:04 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 203

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS

So.. my 5 cents to this.

Im one of all ppl that does make it as far as getting everything installed just fine. After flash of the encryption-disabler zip and getting into system and doing the setup, starting magisk manager and letting it do its thing - all is really fine. It boots up and everything works.

However.

Upon first reboot by choice, nothing gets me into twrp a second time.

The first thing i noticed, ive been testing things for a few hours now in different configurations, is that when this occurs for instance when i choose to "Power off" from system, and proceed to press power, bixby and vol-up and starting the phone, the powerbutton is instantanious. What i mean by that is that when it fires up and if I dont care about the other buttons, each press on the powerbutton will INSTANTLY switch me between the normal Samsung S10-greeting-text-logo and the next screen with warnings and lastly black screen and a really quick "reboot" and back to the logo again. If i press the powerbutton ten times or more over and over again it will lightning fast switch between these three "states".

This also occurs when I just hold the powerbutton alone, or all three relevant buttons at once. It flickers crazy fast between the three "screens".

So.. Could it be, that for some reason, after inital setup and then with first reboot / power off, the combo of keys get somehow screwed up? The powerbutton usually isnt that fast.

Also. When im in this state, if I just press vol-down and bixby and holds them, and just quickly click the powerbutton it will actually accept that and go into download mode. Ie, the powerbutton doesnt need to be depressed at all.

It is as if the powerbutton has become too "fast".

Also, lastly, there is no way to turn of the phone in this state. No matter what you do. The only thing to go back is to go into download mode and reflash stock AP or Johns own magisk-patched.tar.

All I want to say, is there are many of us having this problem. But few of us will say anything here or in different Telegram groups, since we at this point get called stupid and "you must be doing something wrong". But I have had all the S-phones since the beginning and I just dont buy that. All works well until first reboot. And then _something_ must occur that isnt "our" fault..

//P (very old, been here since forever)

Thanks for writing such a great troubleshooting response. Unlike 99% of other users. I hope your reply will help geiti fix this issue

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
8th April 2019, 09:10 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Just to jump in on this, I have the same issue with booting to TWRP after a successful first boot to rooted system. G975F also. Root runs fine but trying to boot into TWRP now will cause a soft brick / Bootloop and I must flash stock with Odin to get out of it
8th April 2019, 11:58 PM |#31  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Quote:

Step 9. hold vol up+ bixby+power until you are twrp, doesnt work for me. I have tried holding the buttons for more than 1 minute, holding vol up + bixby plugging usb, holding vol up and bixby only, it just stays on download mode. I can only press vol down + power to reboot, and I cant boot to system or recovery after that, I have to flash stock with odin and start over.

Any ideas?

+1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)