Working Google Camera for Snapdragon w/ Aperture Switching and Night Sight

361 posts
Thanks Meter: 105

By beserker15, Senior Member on 7th March 2019, 05:42 AM
View First Unread Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2019, 06:17 AM |#311  
Thanks Meter: 452

More
So it's safe to say there's no way to just install an APK alone but you have to also mess around with config files?

19th May 2019, 10:53 AM |#312  
Flag Krakow
Thanks Meter: 6,019

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaduardo

So it's safe to say there's no way to just install an APK alone but you have to also mess around with config files?

Mess with configuration files? It's literally installing the apk and loading a config file which takes 3 taps. It's not rocket science.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paradoxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Paradoxxx Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 07:40 AM |#313  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa

Yes. Go into settings. Advanced. Base. And change config to "pixel2018 zsl hdr+" then go back to main menu and look under photo settings. "Auxiliary camera switch method" set it to long press.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Holy hell! I never knew this! Is there a way to access the s10+ telephoto lens too?
20th May 2019, 11:27 PM |#314  
Thanks Meter: 452

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxxx

Mess with configuration files? It's literally installing the apk and loading a config file which takes 3 taps. It's not rocket science.

Sorry. I'm sorry you find my misunderstanding on how this works so frustratingly annoying. I am sorry for this. Please forgive me.
The Following User Says Thank You to roaduardo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roaduardo Ad-Free
22nd May 2019, 05:40 PM |#315  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Thumbs up GCam working well
@beserker15 Thanks for the post on gcam. It is working really well. Pictures are looking good. Going to try the 2.4 aperture now that i've read through most of the instructions you had and got to the setting. But it takes great picutres so far with the 1.5 aperture (i'm guessing thats what it was on).
24th May 2019, 02:54 PM |#316  
Flag Dallas, Tx
Thanks Meter: 542

Donate to Me
More
Something must be wrong with the xml on op or I'm just not getting the right one. But pictures front and rear cameras are coming out darker or just not right.

Is there a way software does not tinker with pictures after it's taken?
24th May 2019, 05:38 PM |#317  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy214

Something must be wrong with the xml on op or I'm just not getting the right one. But pictures front and rear cameras are coming out darker or just not right.

Is there a way software does not tinker with pictures after it's taken?

Software is what makes HDR work, dude!

It's just in need of more playing around. The 6.2 app hasn't been perfected yet.
25th May 2019, 12:04 AM |#318  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does anyone happen to know how to enable 60 fps for taking videos using Gcam apk?
28th May 2019, 07:16 PM |#319  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I read a few posts back that none of the 6.2.x versions are functional with both regular and wide angle lenses yet. I've tested 6.1.021 (as linked to on the first page of this thread) and found the regular and wide angle lenses to function just fine on Galaxy S10.

Question: Any plans in the works to get the 6.2.x versions to work with all 3 lenses?

Sure would be neat if Gcam functioned with all 3 lenses as the stock Samsung camera app does a bit of auto-processing. It lifts shadows, brightens the image, applies image some sort smoothing that causes image sharpness to drop, and applies too much saturation causing images to look unreal. Gcam images are realistic and lifelike.
29th May 2019, 03:54 AM |#320  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I know many people are asking questions about the camera quality, but does anyone have any info on how to enable video recording in 60 fps rather than the default 30 fps?
29th May 2019, 04:40 PM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What's the typical jpg file size when using Google Camera with S10 main rear camera?
Hopefully jpg's are not as aggressively packed as in Samsung's Camera app..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)