Working Google Camera for Snapdragon w/ Aperture Switching and Night Sight

363 posts
Thanks Meter: 109

By beserker15, Senior Member on 7th March 2019, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th May 2019, 04:40 PM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What's the typical jpg file size when using Google Camera with S10 main rear camera?
Hopefully jpg's are not as aggressively packed as in Samsung's Camera app..

4th June 2019, 08:48 PM |#322  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Any news on the wide angle selfie? In the latest May Update its supposedly fixed in third party camera apps.

May Update
13th June 2019, 03:03 PM |#323  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've tried the 6.2 version, but the viewfinder freezes, I have not found yet the way to fix it, I'll stick with the 1.5 for now.
14th June 2019, 12:59 AM |#324  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeC37

I've tried the 6.2 version, but the viewfinder freezes, I have not found yet the way to fix it, I'll stick with the 1.5 for now.

Go to HDR+ control and change the image format. If it is on YUV change it to Jpeg or vice versa

If that doesn't work make sure your RAW format is set to Raw_sensor
14th June 2019, 01:12 AM |#325  
Miami
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Can anyone shed some light on version 6.2?
Have you noticed it performing better than 6.1?

Obviously this may be subjective but I'm just looking for an opinion.
23rd June 2019, 03:07 PM |#326  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
1.6 is out. Seems pretty slick. Using the s10plus.xml config.
23rd June 2019, 06:07 PM |#327  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdelgado

Can anyone shed some light on version 6.2?
Have you noticed it performing better than 6.1?

Obviously this may be subjective but I'm just looking for an opinion.

6.2 is faster and smoother than 6.1 but until today, only worked with the normal and not wide angle camera and didn't support custom libs. Arnova's latest beta today just fixed that. Edited OP with the new Arnova 1.6 base 6.1 and the new Arnova 6.2 beta!
The Following User Says Thank You to beserker15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beserker15 Ad-Free
23rd June 2019, 07:27 PM |#328  

More
Thanks for the update, but I can't find the menu/option Settings > Enable AUX for enable wide angle camera change (latest beta version 6.2)
28th June 2019, 09:08 AM |#329  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 7

More
i still cant get Night Mode to use wide-angle lens smoothly on 6.1 v1.6

you have to change to wide-angle lens in Normal Mode first (long press) then go to Night Mode and short tap change lens again to use it... so awkard
30th June 2019, 05:30 PM |#330  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beserker15

Now with Wide Angle Camera Support!
All credits go to Arnova8G2's for his base mod, cstark for his added mod for our Galaxy S10, Fizwiz for his XML config!

What works:
- Aperture switching for main camera (settings > Samsung CameraAPI2 > toggle "Switch to 2.4f aperture)
- Motion photo (have to use google photos as gallery and only limited to 1080p resolution) - only works with base 6.1.0.21 right now
- Night Sight
- Portrait mode
- Wide angle camera (hold the toggle camera button to switch between wide and regular rear cameras, press to switch between rear camera and front camera)
- Probably more things but I haven't tested the other modes

Benefits:
Gcam offers less aggressive noise reduction and oversharpening. Under daylight things might not look too different but it's a lot better for low light, especially for finer details like carpets, hair, fabric texture. I've attached some comparison shots. The file names will indicate which camera was used for the pictures.

Regarding 6.1 vs 6.2:
6.1 is more stable and has more things working for it (like motion photos and XML profiles). However 6.2 is faster, possibly better processing algorithms, and Arnova's adding new features into it. The current 6.2 beta has the option to add the aux camera icon right on the screen to switch between wide angle and normal cameras. It also has an icon to quickly switch between 1.5 and 2.4 aperture on the normal camera. I've attached a screenshot of new UI.

GCAM 6.1.0.021 Base
Download Arnova's Advanced 1.6 here: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...dev-arnova8G2/
then download the XML config attached to this post.
Instructions for applying the XML file can be found here: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/

GCAM 6.2.030 Base
Download Arnova's V2.2 Beta 3: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...rnova8G2-beta/
Go to Settings > About > Enable Advanced Features
Settings > Enable AUX
Settings > HDR+ Control > Image Format > YUV_420_888
Quality HDR+ > Super High
Custom Libs > Eszdman v3 Beta

More development info can be found in the original app page.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...-port-t3862448

Thanks a lot for the update. Which one do you like better 6.1 v1.6 or 6.2 v2.2 beta?
2nd July 2019, 02:00 AM |#331  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Just installed Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2beta4.190630.0030. Cant get the wide angle to work, the app keeps force closing when I try and then the only way for it to be usable again is to uninstall it and reinstall. I flicked on all the settings mentioned above for 6.2. I love 6.1 so might go back to that for now. Or I suppose if I leave Enable AUX unchecked I can still use this one without it crashing. Using a snapdragon S10+ Unlocked on VZW.

Update: Latest version works great, no crashes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)