Working Google Camera for Snapdragon w/ Aperture Switching and Night Sight

364 posts
Thanks Meter: 112

By beserker15, Senior Member on 7th March 2019, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2019, 12:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I took a few pics just now outside with default camera and then with Google night sight. Google cam pics definitely a little brighter, and much clearer, with more detail than the default cam. Quite pleased.

8th March 2019, 04:46 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Got it to work thank you. Had to restart my phone, now everything works.
8th March 2019, 05:28 AM |#13  
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 847

More
Snapdragon?
8th March 2019, 09:51 AM |#14  

More
Yes i have the s10+ with snap
8th March 2019, 11:16 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmithb

I took a few pics just now outside with default camera and then with Google night sight. Google cam pics definitely a little brighter, and much clearer, with more detail than the default cam. Quite pleased.

Night sight is phenomenal. To the point where I use it almost exclusively even in daylight on my Pixel 3. Can;t wait for S10 with gcam port.

How is the shutter delay using the gcam port on the S10? On LGs where I have used gcam, the ZSL would not work and that was the only downside.
8th March 2019, 11:56 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
When i took picture with night sight.my phone restart it sekf.
The Following User Says Thank You to casperusm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift casperusm Ad-Free
8th March 2019, 01:41 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 318

More
I envy you guys. I have got the exynos version and stock cam quality is ****. Miss my pixel 3.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nickporwal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickporwal Ad-Free
8th March 2019, 02:36 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa

Night sight is phenomenal. To the point where I use it almost exclusively even in daylight on my Pixel 3. Can;t wait for S10 with gcam port.

How is the shutter delay using the gcam port on the S10? On LGs where I have used gcam, the ZSL would not work and that was the only downside.

I will check the shutter delay today when I have time. I've only used it for night shots as of now since that was the primary advantage it has over the samsung cam software. I know as of right now, this version doesn't support the wide angle lens, which means it's necessary to keep both sets of software. HOwever, I read in another thread (here or on reddit) that there is now a gcam version that works with JUST the wide angle lens. So hopefully they can combine these and give us a fully working port in the near future.
8th March 2019, 03:29 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
thanks i will try soon.
8th March 2019, 05:52 PM |#20  

More
On the snap my stock cam sucks also. This google cam and open camera destroy it
9th March 2019, 01:56 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Am I only able to get this working if I load this XML file into the camera app, or there's a manual configuration? It's not processing HDR on my S10 snap.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)