FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Uninstall bloatware

607 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By RED_, Senior Member on 9th March 2019, 01:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone have any tips in disabling bloatware, like the microsoft apps? Think it would be good to have a thread on it.

I've already uninstalled facebook by running the follow commands in adb:

Code:
adb shell
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.services
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.katana
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.system
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
Anyone know how to do the same for the microsoft apps, what about the alternative which is to disable the apps? I see a lot of apps I will never use that I cannot disable. Is there a good app on the play store that will let me disable these apps? For example I would like to disable the gallery and use Google Photos directly, or maybe Samsung Health.

I've also remapped the bixby button with bxActions, the benefit of doing it this way is I haven't had to go through the Bixby setup process first.

So if anyone has any other tips of knows the package name of the microsoft apps, would be to good to have it all in one thread,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RED_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RED_ Ad-Free

GuestK00143
9th March 2019, 01:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_

Anyone have any tips in disabling bloatware, like the microsoft apps? Think it would be good to have a thread on it.

I've already uninstalled facebook by running the follow commands in adb:

Code:
adb shell
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.services
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.katana
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.system
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
Anyone know how to do the same for the microsoft apps, what about the alternative which is to disable the apps? I see a lot of apps I will never use that I cannot disable. Is there a good app on the play store that will let me disable these apps? For example I would like to disable the gallery and use Google Photos directly, or maybe Samsung Health.

I've also remapped the bixby button with bxActions, the benefit of doing it this way is I haven't had to go through the Bixby setup process first.

So if anyone has any other tips of knows the package name of the microsoft apps, would be to good to have it all in one thread,

AdHell3 is the way to go.
9th March 2019, 01:35 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Oh fair enough, cheers will take a look.
9th March 2019, 01:56 PM |#4  
Flag Bayamon
Thanks Meter: 159

More
If anything I've been using package disabler pro.. Disabled all the bloatware. Definitely running much smoother.

S10E
9th March 2019, 04:01 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanta11

If anything I've been using package disabler pro.. Disabled all the bloatware. Definitely running much smoother.

S10E

Do you have a list of apps you disabled or can you export your XML file? Thanks.
9th March 2019, 04:05 PM |#6  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Second - Adhell 3

system wide adblocking PLUS the ability to disable whatever you want...
9th March 2019, 04:10 PM |#7  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Code:
pm list packages | grep microsoft
This will list you all package names containing Microsoft.
Same can be done for linkedin and others.
9th March 2019, 04:12 PM |#8  
Flag Bayamon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersmb

Do you have a list of apps you disabled or can you export your XML file? Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hb1...w?usp=drivesdk

This is what I've disabled, you can add or remove what you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to jsanta11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsanta11 Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 10:26 PM |#9  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 410

More
I couldn't get package disabler pro to work. Failed certificate or some such error...
9th March 2019, 11:04 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquireSCA

I couldn't get package disabler pro to work. Failed certificate or some such error...

Same here. I uninstalled it on my note 9 I purchased it on originally, and now when installing it on the s10 plus, I keep getting a failed to verify license error.
10th March 2019, 01:28 AM |#11  
Flag Bayamon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquireSCA

Which version are you using. I have installed 15.0 which worked on my S9+ & now S10E ( snaps)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)