FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy s10e camera diaphragm noise

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By yang42, Junior Member on 2nd March 2019, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone owning s10e. Do you have such thing that camera diaphragm is being closed and reopened on every camera mode switch? In quiet room it sounds at least strange.

2nd March 2019, 10:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 405

More
Is the sound troubling to you? Is it affecting image quality?
3rd March 2019, 02:36 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 913

More
My s8 and s9 did it, so it seems like its normal.
3rd March 2019, 08:50 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaduardo

Is the sound troubling to you? Is it affecting image quality?

Only sound. First time having Samsung + a phone with OIS and variable diaphragm. Thought it's a hardware issue.

+ I've already submitted a but about camera closing and reopening diaphragm on photo mode switch. It's definitely looks like a bug. No need to close it and reopen. But I guess one UI will be bugged for a while same as s10e line will be somewhat bugged and patched a lot.
5th March 2019, 09:26 AM |#5  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachpuff

My s8 and s9 did it, so it seems like its normal.

Just received my S10+ today, so I have the same confusion as OP since it's my first Samsung phone. Does the diaphragm change even for switching from photo to video? This seems quite unnecessary given no change in light condition and can eventually cause wear and tear.

The only time it didn't change was when I switched from Slow Motion to Super Slow-Mo.
5th March 2019, 10:50 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hey I have the same 'problem' on my S10+ and wondering if it's normal or an issue... It does a click sounds when changing camera modes
5th March 2019, 11:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 405

More
If it's not affecting the quality of my videos or photos I wouldn't worry about it. Longevity of the mechanics of the part is something to keep in mind but I can't see it as something that would wear out before the warranty expires.
6th March 2019, 10:11 AM |#8  
Flag Singapore

More
Update: I went to test the devices at my nearby retail stores.

All of the S10 devices have the same clicking sounds. The Note 9 was silent, while the S9 was barely audible.

I guess they just didn't dampen the sound as much or something to that effect.
6th March 2019, 10:26 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelven99874

Update: I went to test the devices at my nearby retail stores.

All of the S10 devices have the same clicking sounds. The Note 9 was silent, while the S9 was barely audible.

I guess they just didn't dampen the sound as much or something to that effect.

OH, so you have real s10 phones in your local stores? Because in Ukraine official Samsung store guys actually told me that presented devices look like original BUT inside CPU is different, camera is somewhat the same (WTF does it mean O_O) and the only thing that matches real devices there is screen. So I couldn't actually reproduce that noise at store and the only thing that calmed me down was that other owners of S10 confirmed ticking noise.
13th March 2019, 12:55 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Its normal. My P20 Pro rattles until I open the camera app, then the OIS kicks in and holds the lens still. Similar sort of thing, the phone isn't going to hold the camera active when not in use, wastes power.
16th March 2019, 12:21 PM |#11  

More
Pubg lag
Guys does pubg stutters on ur s10.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung-galaxy-s10e

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)