[ROM][FINAL][7.1.2][2017.10.08][I777] Lineage OS 14.1 Unofficial Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

challenger07

Aug 25, 2017
Help Please. I have been trying to flash this ROM but after rooting the step to resize the partition seems to have me stuck. I used PC ODIN to flash a PIT file but then when I boot into recovery I get the following error: E:failed to mount /system (invalid argument). I can wipe cache and data/factory reset but when I tried to load the Lineage.ZIP file I get the same /system error. I tried another pit file but it was exactly the same. ODIN says the pit file was completed successfully. Any advice welcome, any new pit files that I can use? Thank you. I then tried the lanchon repartition zip. but same error cannot mount system.

Last edited:

challenger07

Aug 25, 2017
One step forward and one step backwards. I found a tar file for the i777 and flashed that at the same time as the pit file. Now the phone will boot and it does have the new larger storage. However the tar file was the original Android 2.3. I rooted the phone again and went into recovery but when you select the external SD card it shows an empty folder and so the 7..1.2 Rom that is ZIP'd on there I cannot flash. I need to do some more reading how to move forward from there. Any quick hints welcome, at least I've got rooting and resizing completed.

challenger07

Aug 25, 2017
I am still stuck. Does anyone have a link to a valid i777 tar file? The stock recovery won't see any files on the SD card. I tried internal storage but then it says there is an error checking the ZIP. I tried a few alternative ZIP files so I think the recovery is the issue. I can still get to ODIN so if I could find a more up to date tar file I can flash that way. ANYONE?

jroq8400

Dec 3, 2014
I am still stuck. Does anyone have a link to a valid i777 tar file? The stock recovery won't see any files on the SD card. I tried internal storage but then it says there is an error checking the ZIP. I tried a few alternative ZIP files so I think the recovery is the issue. I can still get to ODIN so if I could find a more up to date tar file I can flash that way. ANYONE?

I went through multiple times trial and error. I still not sure the right order but finally got it to work

1. Use Odin 3.07 PDA slot
CWM-KitKatCompatible-i777 v6.0.4.5
USB connected +/- power for Download
USB disconnected +/- power for Recovery

2. Flash SGH-i777_TWRP_v2.8.7.0
3. ‎latest Omni install boot reboot recovery
omni-5.1.1.20150711-i777-HOMEMADE.zip
4. ‎install virtual repartition
5. lineage-14.1-20171008-UNOFFICIAL-u1att
6. reboot into recovery TWRP 3.1.1.0
7. Load recovery image and do the data format and partition wipes
8.. SD card no longer works so load files thru MTP
9. Boot lineage-14.1-20171008-UNOFFICIAL-u1att
let it boot and config before gapps

gapps mini fits but nano is good enough

disable animations
force gpu

Last edited:

challenger07

Aug 25, 2017
Thank you for the guidance. I have made some progress but cannot get this working. I have spent time googling and trying solutions but if you have any ideas I would appreciate it, my goal is to get Android 7 installed and WIFI working. My stretch goal is to getting it working with phone calls.

I used Framaroot 1.9.3 APK to root the phone.
I used ODIN 3.12.3 to load the i777_4GB data - 45mb preload - 1GB system.pit
I used ODIN to load CWM recovery which allowed me to load TWRP 2.8 (I cannot find TWRP I777 3.1.1.0)
Using this I can then wipe and load lineage-14.1-20171008-UNOFFICIAL-u1att.zip (I have also tried cm-13.0-20160927-UNOFFICIAL-u1att.zip and GalaxyS2Root.com_SGH-I777_UCLE5.zip)
I then wipe Cache, Davik etc and reboot
It hangs on the ROM logo and just stays there. (Ie gets past recovery)

Then I tried avatar-3.0-arion-1344-20130629-i777.zip which loads fine. I can load GAPPS for this and the phone appeared to work until I tried to load a SIM. Then I find there is no IMEI number in the system (IT is still physically printed on the phone). So with this Android 4 software and WIFI the phone seems to work fine.

Trying to get to Android 7 I reinstalled TWRP 2.8 and it says cannot mount /efs (In Avatar I can install root file manager and browse /efs so it only seems TWRP has this issue. )

I have tried GS2_repair apk but didn't resolve. I tried Chamelephon but it doesn't work on GS2.

The only other suggestion I read was to reinstall the stock android and that may recover EFS but I cannot find a stock I777 Android to download.

Thanks
PS Found a the EFS Professional Tool. This can repair NV Data File Permissions:
Checking device connection... Device is connected!
Detected EFS partition location: /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
Re-mounting ROOT file system... Okay.
Mounting EFS folder as read/write... Okay.
Repairing ownership of 'efs/nv_data.bin'... Okay.
Operation successful!
In the EFS folder I can see many files from 2014. Eg .nv_core.back; .nv_state; nv_data.bin etc but when I check in settings IMEI is still blank.

I went through multiple times trial and error. I still not sure the right order but finally got it to work

1. Use Odin 3.07 PDA slot
CWM-KitKatCompatible-i777 v6.0.4.5
USB connected +/- power for Download
USB disconnected +/- power for Recovery

2. Flash SGH-i777_TWRP_v2.8.7.0
3. ‎latest Omni install boot reboot recovery
omni-5.1.1.20150711-i777-HOMEMADE.zip
4. ‎install virtual repartition
5. lineage-14.1-20171008-UNOFFICIAL-u1att
6. reboot into recovery TWRP 3.1.1.0
7. Load recovery image and do the data format and partition wipes
8.. SD card no longer works so load files thru MTP
9. Boot lineage-14.1-20171008-UNOFFICIAL-u1att
let it boot and config before gapps

gapps mini fits but nano is good enough

disable animations
force gpu

Last edited:

goodjuju

Jul 25, 2013
Capitol DC
I want to install the ROM on my i777. But there seems to have been too many changes in the installation process since the beginning, ex. . Virtual repartition recovery TWRP and the Lanchon virtual recovery cannot be found. Would some one be kind enough to post the final step by step process in one post?

TIA

Nevuly

Jun 9, 2013
Seoul
Samsung Galaxy S6
LG Nexus 5X
I want to install the ROM on my i777. But there seems to have been too many changes in the installation process since the beginning, ex. . Virtual repartition recovery TWRP and the Lanchon virtual recovery cannot be found. Would some one be kind enough to post the final step by step process in one post?

TIA

This project is EOL.

And also, I don't development SGS2 family anymore.

So, I can't support your problems.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S2​

LineageOS 14.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Supported Device
    • SGH-I777 (u1att)

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
    • You must virtually repartition your device, otherwise you can't install this ROM! Please see the 2nd post for more details.
    • Don't use Custom Pit. Or you'll get errors to install this ROM! You Must use stock Pit file!
    • Root is now disabled by default on Lineage OS 14.1. To enable it go to here and download addonsu and flash it on recovery.
    • Google is your friend.

Download ROM

Basic first time installation instructions:
    • Backup your data.
    • Download lineage-14.1-XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-u1att.zip to your sdcard
    • Download GApps (optional)
    • Reboot into download mode
    • Flash Resize pit in odin.
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Wipe all your data
    • Flash ROM from sdcard
    • Flash Google Apps from sdcard (optional)
    • Reboot and enjoy!

Freeze! Bug report!

Please use top of Bug reports menu on this thread :)

Known Bugs

• Outcall mic issues.
    • MTP Crash.

Changelogs

• Merge source codes from LineageOS.
    • Stabilize.
    • Final Build.

• Virtual Repartition.

• Use Linaro GCC Toolchain 7.1.1

• Support Odin Installation for LineageOS.
    • Support OTA Service. (It is slowy, Because I use github release page. I try to find more better file host service.)
    • Add Roaster Devices: SC-02C (u1dcm)

• Remove Multiuser Service.

• Fix mic on outgoing call. (Need for test)
    • Stable Release.
    • Weekly build release.

• Merge source codes from LineageOS

• Initial Release

Open Source
    https://github.com/OnyxClover-OSRC
    If you want to help me, please request your own commit to add more tweaks, fix bugs, improve source code... etc
    It always open to accept your own commit. :)

Special Really Big Thanks To
    • Mir - Support Device. Thanks!

Special Thanks To

Donation

If you donation to me, I'll use buy new devices or buy coffee to focus my work :)

Donators
    • Miguel Pearson ($60)
    • Mir ($12)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 14.1 Unoffical Build, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777

Contributors
    CNBLACK
    Source Code: https://github.com/CNBLACK-Factory

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-08

Created 2016-07-15
    Last Updated 2018-02-01
    Since the i9100 has official builds, any chance of pushing the i777 to the same status? They are pretty close in HW (anything other than modem different?).

If 9100 really has official builds and no bugs I can likely get them to push 777 through, I've worked on the device before and still have push ability to many other smdk4412 repos, I'll look into this

Edit: I'm just waiting on a response for them to create the needed branch for the device, otherwise I can't imagine within a week or two (TIME PERMITTING of course, I'm always so freakin busy it's hard to get things done)that possibly getting nightlies or weeklies, whatever Lineage is doing currently, should be very hard at all since I downloaded the source, couple changes and successful build when I wasn't even home lol. I'll see what I can get going for you guys, thanks to all who have kept this thing going even after I FINALLY stopped lol, figured the least I could do was get you guys consistent builds without a user needing to do it themselves over and over when they are running builds automatically anyway
    Developer Log Update

Okay, Now I found reason why SGS2 keep crash com.android.media when I try to apply Virtual Repartition.

First, When I development Virtual Repartition, I just tested it in my Korean SGS2.
    But I can't check partition size for Other variant devices, So that result is crash.

And Today, I checked both partition size in my i777, I found reason.

So, yes. I found reason.

I'll fix it and release in this weekend!
    Virtual Repartition Information and Installation Guide

After 2017.09.30 build, SGS2 applied virtual repartition.

Note: If you repartitioned your phone using a pit file, its recommended that you flash back the original unmodified pit to take full advantage of the increased space.

Download Virtual Repartition TWRP recovery

Installation

Before you begin, back up all of your internal storage!
    I am not responsible for any problems with the internal repository data!

1. Make sure you have the latest OFFICIAL TWRP installed.
    2. Backup your internal storage to your computer (The internal storage WILL BE ERASED)
    3. In TWRP, go to Mount -> Enable MTP to access internal storage.
    4. Copy the Virtual repartition recovery to your device.
    5. Flash it.
    6. Reboot recovery again.
    7. Now, your device getting virtually repartition.
    8. In TWRP, go to Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset.
    9. In TWRP, go to Wipe -> Format Data -> type yes to format data partition.
    10. In TWRP, go to Advanced Wipe -> Wipe all partition.
    11. Now, Ready to install New Lineage OS!

This Virtual Repartition changed partition tables.

Now, you get 14.68 GB Data Storage.
    Coming on 2017.10.01...

I'll be back in 2017.10.01 with amazing releases.. :)