SlimROM: SaberMod toolchain 4.8
SlimKernel: SaberMod toolchain 4.7
I'm not responsible for any damages on your device.
It comes from my hobby to building rom that is actually for private use and then some users found it on my goo.im. Due to some suggestions from them (rkoby13 is one of them ), I decided to create this thread to share my builds with you.
This build is compiled using SaberMod toolchain and like the official one, it is built from the same source: Slimroms github.
I could cherry-pick some commits ahead from Slimbean team or patches from other repositories that I find useful.
The ROM and the kernel are tested by me first before I make it available online. I could have overseen something during testing, please be understand.
In summary, it is still Slimbean that is compiled with SaberMod toolchain. [...]
- Compiled with a custom toolchain Sabermod for more performance and better battery life.
- Compiled with the most GCC optimization level -O3.
- Compiled with strict-aliasing compiler optimization.
- Added patches to fix GCC strict-aliasing violation rules.
- Added ARMv7 and Cortex-A9 optimized string handling routines for more smoothness and more memory optimization.
- Added zzmoove governor to the SlimKernel.
- Added some AOSP fixes and improvements.
- Added some VanirAOSP fixes and improvements.
- Disabled SQLite fsync to increase I/O performance.
See here. Thanks a lot Harsha Raj!
Coming from 4.1.x or 4.2.x or 4.3.x or another ROM to 4.4.x:
- Flash a kitkat compatible CWM from here.
- Reboot to recovery. Not to the system!
- Full wipe: data, cache, dalvik cache.
- Mount system and format system partition manually.
- Flash the unofficial build.
- Flash gapps from here.
**slim_mini only; add other desired google apps from the playstore.
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Flash the unofficial build.
- No need to re-flash gapps. Gapps will be restored back automatically by backup tool during flashing.
ART is not working on 4.8 toolchain.Booting takes time, be patient. As some users reported, ART won't work if you are using xposed framework. See xposed thread for more information. Apps that are moved to sdcard won't appear on reboot. Swapping internal and external sdcard is not working. USB mass storage is not working.
- Music player stops playing music from sdcard after some time. See here.
See second post.
afh | d-h.st
<<< Download Unofficial Builds Here >>>
SlimBean - The SlimRom team
SaberMod toolchain - sparksco
Linaro toolchain - Linaro
zzmoove governor - ZaneZam
Slimbanner and signatures - kroz
ChameleonOS features - 0xD34D
Mali kernel patches - GeeckoDev
@fusionjack - for putting this beautiful project together!
Fronti90 - for his great work making the SlimKat available for the i777.
HardCorePawn - for his great keeping SlimKat up to date on the i9100.
Dorimanx - for patches to disable sqlite fsync.
DHO, PrimeDirective, NuclearMistake - for awesome fixes and improvements from VanirAOSP.