FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Guys, I need help (i777) Rom upgrade/Power issue

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Edgarhighmen, Member on 23rd December 2016, 06:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm on a rather older rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544790 Omnirom 4.4.4 with TWRP

I have been having issues with the phone Endlessly rebooting while charging and this causes it to drain the battery instead of charging it (Started happening a few months ago). Now even with different batteries they get nuked from this same reboot while charging process. The phone would work as long as I didn't fully drain a battery, but once I did I couldn't get power back in them because of this rebooting/charge issue.

I bought an external battery charger today (I have three batteries already) so hopefully the phone will boot on a fully charged battery. I'm using the OEM Samsung wall charger and Samsung USB cable that came with the phone.

I would like to upgrade my rom but I know there was an issue with extending the internal partition and my chip being "possible to brick" when extending the partition.

My phone doesn't have the stagefright bug fixed so that was another reason I wanted to upgrade. Anyone who's had my phone and upgraded from kitkat to the newer rom's I'd appreciate some advice. I've been through many rom's before but the last couple (upgrading from cwm to twrp and now needing to extend the partition to actually be able to use it) are more advanced than what I've done so far.

Sorry for my vague post, it's been a long night/morning and I'd appreciate any guidance.

Lastly, I forgot to add- Over all these years of switching rom's and upgrading I have dozens of folders, paths and directories and God knows what that I'm fairly certain are redundant and taking up space, any way to clean that out (without bricking my phone- no I won't randomly delete stuff) safely when moving to a more recent rom?

5th January 2017, 05:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Dang, no updates? I know it's holiday's and all. I just don't wanna brick my phone trying to upgrade from kitkat because of the emmc brick bug. Ebay said my external battery charger should arrive between today (Jan 5th, and January 25th) ... So I have some time lol. Been without a phone for two months.
12th January 2017, 02:26 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Update, got the external charger, it worked and the battery is charged. Phone's power button still not working, looking for an assist to wipe and upgrade to newest rom >.>
13th March 2017, 09:55 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgarhighman

Update, got the external charger, it worked and the battery is charged. Phone's power button still not working, looking for an assist to wipe and upgrade to newest rom >.>

The latest stock ROM for the i777 is jelly bean 4.1.2 and the latest unofficial ROM is CM 13 I think. I suggest using cook's rom wipe files (just search the galaxy s2 section here for them) and jeeboo kernel to boot wiz cat ROM which is kit kat based. It's a stock based ROM. Or just ODIN the jelly bean stock ROM and start from scratch to boot whatever ROM you want.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)