[OFFICIAL][I9105P][4.2.2TW] RedRom v3.1{FINAL}

You want in the next update to remove root?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nIGhT-SoN

Apr 26, 2011
Mioveni
Back with screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/YXMZo

It was kinda intensive use, mostly watching youtube videos. On the first wifi break, was using Mobile Data and on the second one both of them were turned off (during sleep). Also, battery is as old as phone, never changed it, has more than 4 years. :D Getting 4h and 20min of screen on and still having 20% battery left during almost 20h it's pretty impressive.

LE: I was running amplify with default settings, not limits and greenify. Today I've added some alarms/wakelocks and service in amplify and let's see how it goes. Anway, since I've installed it I only had 2-3 black screens leading to device restart, but that happened when I was installing apps, after I finished installing apps that I needed I had no such problem. It runs really smooth and without lags and hangs. Also I use Nova Launcher Prime, being my favorite launcher.

Last edited:
T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

I flashed this ROM yesterday and it had big lags without any animation installed. It needs to be touched the kernel and implementing swap, overclock and f2fs support.

Flash a custom kernel from the link that i put in the thread.
And like i said, RedRom will always be STOCK! No mods or anything.

T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

Back with screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/YXMZo

It was kinda intensive use, mostly watching youtube videos. On the first wifi break, was using Mobile Data and on the second one both of them were turned off (during sleep). Also, battery is as old as phone, never changed it, has more than 4 years. :D Getting 4h and 20min of screen on and still having 20% battery left during almost 20h it's pretty impressive.

LE: I was running amplify with default settings, not limits and greenify. Today I've added some alarms/wakelocks and service in amplify and let's see how it goes. Anway, since I've installed it I only had 2-3 black screens leading to device restart, but that happened when I was installing apps, after I finished installing apps that I needed I had no such problem. It runs really smooth and without lags and hangs. Also I use Nova Launcher Prime, being my favorite launcher.

I'm very proud.

nIGhT-SoN

Apr 26, 2011
Mioveni
The only issue I have is with Google Services. It seems as soon as I turn Mobile Data on, it goes crazy and battery stats show it uses a lot of battery, like in pictures above. On wi-fi I don't have this problem. I think is more of a Google Services problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Maybe someone knows how.

Pendragon2000

Mar 24, 2016
Perugia
OnePlus 8T
The only issue I have is with Google Services. It seems as soon as I turn Mobile Data on, it goes crazy and battery stats show it uses a lot of battery, like in pictures above. On wi-fi I don't have this problem. I think is more of a Google Services problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Maybe someone knows how.
Settings>App>Google Services>Manage Storage>Clear all data

nIGhT-SoN

Apr 26, 2011
Mioveni
Already tried that.

LE: Seems if I turn off Sync it doesn't do that anymore, but I won't get notifications for e-mail. :(

Last edited:
T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

[UPDATE]
The rom is still in development, but it goes slowly.
I was thinking about adding 2 files
1.Normal version (no app ports or other "hard" mods)
2.Modded Verson (ported apps, tweaked audio, etc)

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
[UPDATE]
The rom is still in development, but it goes slowly.
I was thinking about adding 2 files
1.Normal version (no app ports or other "hard" mods)
2.Modded Verson (ported apps, tweaked audio, etc)
Good idea. I'm trying your ROM and it's good, I flashed custom kernel as you told to me, the main problem is that it isn't so much tweaked, but now I'm using phone for listening some music, not more

cracker12

Jun 10, 2013
Hi, thanks for the rom, only missing the voice recorder. What are the best settings for battery backup? phone is almost only to calls, messages and listening radio fm

T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

Hi, thanks for the rom, only missing the voice recorder. What are the best settings for battery backup? phone is almost only to calls, messages and listening radio fm

Voice recorder was useless (unless you work for BBC)
The best settings are already applied in the build.prop. Only disable sync and it will stay COOOL.

cracker12

Jun 10, 2013
Voice recorder was useless (unless you work for BBC)
The best settings are already applied in the build.prop. Only disable sync and it will stay COOOL.
I set up everthing to be battery friendly, but now i was searching some app to help save battery. I think that greenify and amplify is a good combination. Is this ok or any other recomendation?

T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

The update will release in August (idk when sorry)
It will include the ported apps from s3/s4 mini and some UI changes.

j3tstream

Jul 11, 2015
Ok so im giving this rom a real shot now, after going from 6 to 7 RR and back to the roots. First impression is that with the amount of apps I installed imediately on first day it has been able to stay surprisingly snapy and responsive when on most others I would feel performance hit soon after I installed a good amount of stuff.
Quite enjoying it and I was always a sammy fan so this is bringing me some nostalgia.
Issues so far:
-I have not yet flashed the suggested kernel as I couldnt find a working link at the time, is it still recommended and why, and if so maybe a re up would be nice.
-emails client doesnt show any email content other then plain text. Dunno if this is a known issue or some problem with syncing on my device.
-not an issue but features I miss vs other roms:snapshot shortcut, menu/home buttons switch (my home button is on end of life xD).
Thats about it.

Keep up good work, loving the rom.:good:

Edit: Meanwhile managed to download and install the kernel and the email client needed a few tweaks that usually r not necessary, but now working.

Last edited:
T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

Ok so im giving this rom a real shot now, after going from 6 to 7 RR and back to the roots. First impression is that with the amount of apps I installed imediately on first day it has been able to stay surprisingly snapy and responsive when on most others I would feel performance hit soon after I installed a good amount of stuff.
Quite enjoying it and I was always a sammy fan so this is bringing me some nostalgia.
Issues so far:
-I have not yet flashed the suggested kernel as I couldnt find a working link at the time, is it still recommended and why, and if so maybe a re up would be nice.
-emails client doesnt show any email content other then plain text. Dunno if this is a known issue or some problem with syncing on my device.
-not an issue but features I miss vs other roms:snapshot shortcut, menu/home buttons switch (my home button is on end of life xD).
Thats about it.

Keep up good work, loving the rom.:good:

Edit: Meanwhile managed to download and install the kernel and the email client needed a few tweaks that usually r not necessary, but now working.

Thanks <3
Right now i am working on porting apps on s2 plus (ported apps from s3 and s4 mini) and some UI changes (hopefully)
I love my S2 Plus (even if i moved to Huawei P9 lite) and it still rocks very well!

T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

So far so good.
I reflashed the rom today. Very very snappy.
Well...Back to work xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1492466866292.jpg1492466875514.jpg1492466882444.jpg1492466890723.jpg1492466899227.jpg1492466907576.jpg1492466941596.jpg1492466951941.jpg1492466961259.jpg1492466971417.jpg1492467047688.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    T
    TheOneWhoSpeaks
    REDROM​
    Simple.Fast.Stable​
    DISCONTINUED
    Are you tired of Flashing lots of roms for battery and performance? Do you love TouchWiz? Do you want something better?
    The fear not...REDROM Is for you :D
    It provides stability, better battery life and performance at the same time. Great rom, no problems at all.
    It comes with great features like s7 bootanimation, s7 sounds and MORE!
    REDROM will always be based on Stock rom
    PEOPLE WHO OWN NON-NFC S2 PLUS DEVICES, BEFORE FLASHING GO TO system/app AND REMOVE NFC Service APP. NOT REMOVING IT WILL CAUSE THE NFC SERVICE HAS STOPPED ERROR(or just flash NFC destroyer). THANK YOU.

{FEATURES}
    Based on XXUBOB2
    Themed (s5 style)
    Deodexed
    Rooted
    Busybox support
    Init.d tweaks/support
    Zipaligned
    Debloated
    Build.prop tweaks
    S3 camera
    More to discover.

{ISSUES}
    -None

{Downloads}
    V3.1 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7QmusCH4bRlWkJwTkF4OUtKeUk/view?usp=drivesdk

{INSTRUCTIONS}
    1.Download the rom
    2.Put it on your phone
    3.Make sure you are on the latest XXUBOB2
    4.Boot in CWM/TWRP
    5.Flash the file
    6.Fix permissions/contexts
    7.Profit
    8 (Recommended to flash : https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2615010)

{CHANGELOG}
    V3.1
    1.Beats audio mod
    2.S5 themed 100%
    3.Removed adapt sound (not working on headphones at all. Missing drivers.)
    4.Improved performance by removing useless stuff.
    5.Note 3 keyboard removed. Added gboard keyboard as a replacement.

{REMEMBER}
    I AM NOT RESPONSABLE IF YOUR PHONE BRICKS, DIES , STARTS WORLD WAR 3, BREAKS UP WITH YOU OR MARRIES WITH AN IPHONE.
    READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
    DO NOT TRY TO STEAL FROM THIS ROM WITHOUT PERMISSION. IT'S NOT COOL TO STEAL!

{CREDITS}
    (Screnshots by V2NoVa)
    (Base rom by Samsung)
    (Beat audio mod provided from a friend of mine)
    Could you add Viper4Android audio driver on this rom to increase the quality of the sound?
    link: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
    there are no custom kernels for 4.2.2 (there;s one but not for overclock)
    You can take the kernel stock and edit... If you can't, i try to learn more about it and i can make for you a kernel with cpu overclock and more schedulers.
    The reason why on stock 4.2.2 lagged is because of the bloatware and the bad optimization of some system files.
    But thanks for the positive reviews <3
    I flashed this ROM yesterday and it had big lags without any animation installed. It needs to be touched the kernel and implementing swap, overclock and f2fs support.