[ROM] [7.1.1] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 [2017/01/18]

Search This thread

bonerserk

Jun 16, 2014
Verona
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Xiaomi Poco F3
I thought, this whould be useful:
Root access is no longer working (developer settings - ROOT access - there is only ADB option). Also I have flashed SuperSU from the OP but this does not appear to be working as well. I tried to do this on a dirty install (upgrade from previous version) and then to make sure on a clean install. I know, that the previous build had none of these issues. Is anybody having the same issue?

I've made a full wipe install and installed SuperSU 2.79 and no problem with root access.
I've never tried root from developer options.

satcom886

Jan 10, 2016
I've just installed it.
It started and gained root access. It required also busybox but I don't have it. So I can't use it but it doesn't crash.

That is the thing, I installed BusyBox, but it says, that it is not installed. It also says SU binary not found, but Root access granted. I verified BusyBox using Root Checker Pro, and it found no issues with Root access and BusyBox. I never said, that DataSync crashes.

Lauriso

Mar 3, 2013
Riga
"Runtime storage permission does not fully work."

Could that be why my gallery app says "No external storage available" and quits?
And why I can't download images from Whatsapp messages?

Something very odd is happening. It seems that apps cannot access internal storage. Even file manager says it needs elevated permissions and root access to do it...

satcom886

Jan 10, 2016
I've just installed it.
It started and gained root access. It required also busybox but I don't have it. So I can't use it but it doesn't crash.

I am sorry for bothering you all with my little problem, I have found a solution:
I have navigated to DataSync´s /data folder and edited its config file to skip the tutorial, and it works!
It is just weird, that it could detect SU binaries and BusyBox before the change to Lineage and not after. I guess, this is a problem with the app itself, not the ROM.

No.Trace

Apr 3, 2007
BRD / NRW
Hi there ...

great to see, that LineageOS is available for S2 Plus ;)
But can you tell me, if i can easy update my S2 Plus (9105p) from 13.0 CyanogenMod to LineageOS 14.1?
- Yess, I did it ;) I flashed the ROM and the gApps over TWRP and now i got LineageOS on my S2 Plus !

CU and thanks No.Trace

Last edited:

nomigujjar

Mar 5, 2015
Hi there ...

great to see, that LineageOS is available for S2 Plus ;)
But can you tell me, if i can easy update my S2 Plus (9105p) from 13.0 CyanogenMod to LineageOS 14.1?
- Yess, I did it ;) I flashed the ROM and the gApps over TWRP and now i got LineageOS on my S2 Plus !

CU and thanks No.Trace
Link plz

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk

djdrum

Jan 11, 2016
I found another bug in settings. "Mobile network settings - preferred network type". The default is GSM/WCDMA preferred. I set WCDMA only. After a while I go to the settings and everything is default again

Reactions: Mynameisjeff1

Mynameisjeff1

Jan 20, 2016
Thank you

i want to test it but please fix the screen shot bug and other bugs too. thank you for keepping it updated.

Mynameisjeff1

Jan 20, 2016
i need help!! i tried to flash this rom in twrp but at the end it shows unable to mount/boot which is why my phone goes in a boot loop. i tried formatting data and retried flash still no use. then i tried going back to previous rom by restoring my nandroid backup , still the same message come i.e; unable to mount/boot. PLEASE HELP !!
Thank you in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6Sh3RB0.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device..
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Device-specific source code:

Downloads

What works?
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
    • Camera
    • Video (playback & recording)
    • Audio (playback & recording)
    • GPS
    • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
    • Screenshots and Recents App thumbnails are blank
    • Runtime storage permission does not fully work (setns kernel patches are not applied, see com.android.cts.appsecurity.PermissionsHostTest#te stInteractiveGrant CTS test. After granting permission, the app will need to be restarted before it sees the new permission.)

Installation Instructions
    • Make a backup!
    • If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to stock 4.2 first.
    • Install ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
    • Download the ROM and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    • Flash the ROM and then GApps
    • For GT-I9105 flash nfc destroyer
    • Reboot your phone
    • Enjoy!

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again. (However, if you are experiencing strange issues, you may want to try a wipe.)

Changelog
    Code:
    20170118:
    - Added Gello browser
    - Added custom doze service
    - Fixed CMFileManager and USB tethering
    - SELinux in enforcing mode
    - CyanogenMod > LineageOS
    - [URL="https://github.com/ghsr/changelog/blob/android-7.1/lineageos/lineage-14.1-20170118-UNOFFICIAL-i9105p.txt"]Upstream merge[/URL]
    - Based on android-7.1.1_r9

20161223:
    - Initial alpha release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model (i9105 or i9105p):
    Radio (baseband):
    ROM version:
    ROM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Credits

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II Plus

Contributors
    GHsR
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.2.2

Version Information

Created 2016-12-23
    Last Updated 2017-01-18
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    Until someone manages to get things working:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634772161
    Update - 20170118

- Added Gello browser
    - Added custom doze service
    - Fixed CMFileManager and USB tethering
    - SELinux in enforcing mode
    - CyanogenMod > LineageOS
    - Upstream merge
    - Based on android-7.1.1_r9

This update should be installed with full wipe!