FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DISCONTINUED][ROM+KERNEL+TWRP][5.1.1] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 [May 15, 2015]

5,761 posts
Thanks Meter: 32,419

By Sultanxda, Recognized Developer on 7th November 2014, 10:00 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd May 2015, 10:27 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeliME

I have no idea what a cyanogen recovery is

He's talking about Clockwork Mod I believe.

Sent from my YP-G1 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw6lee

I'm trying to set my minimum clock speed to 192MHz, but it keeps changing to 1080MHz. But status says 192MHz when I'm not using it. I'm using CPU Master, and the bar is keep changing back to 1080MHz for Min. I'm wondering if it's actually changed to 192MHz because my phone runs pretty warm, but is it because I'm on 3G?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=58472221

Discussed this with sultan a while back. Basically, its the CPU boost feature when you touch the screen. You can disable it but I remember Sultan saying that it would cause stability issues.

Sent from my YP-G1 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to obscuresword For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift obscuresword Ad-Free

2nd May 2015, 10:37 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I have no idea what a cyanogen recovery is, but if it has a flash option, flash this <--- click on "this", download, import into your micro SD card, plug the micro SD card into your phone, open your recovery and flash it.

Then follow my steps here again (since my recovery is TWRP )

Don't flash the Roms that requires virtual partition, it won't work if you haven't done the partition

I see the following options in Cyanogen recovery:
  • reboot system now
  • apply update
  • wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • reboot to bootloade
  • power down
  • view recovery log
There is no install option just an update option.
Also when I connect the phone to the computer there is no usb connection.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

2nd May 2015, 10:38 AM |#1003  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlevan

I see the following options in Cyanogen recovery:

• reboot system now
  • apply update
  • wipe cache partition
  • reboot to bootloade
  • power down
  • view recovery log
There is no install option just an update option.
Also when I connect the phone to the computer there is no usb connection.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

X_X god.... you might have to ODIN the recovery.....

here is the link to a guide how but don't use it's files, it's similar but different since the guide is for the S3. I will provide the files for you

ODIN-the tool, extract and run
Open recovery file- a TWRP recovery that is kind of outdated but odin this file (don't extract)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Odin_v3.09.zip - [Click for QR Code] (951.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: tar openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-hercules.tar - [Click for QR Code] (7.08 MB, 26 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to LimeliME For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LimeliME Ad-Free
2nd May 2015, 10:42 AM |#1004  

More
STUCK IN Cyanogen recovery
Hi all,
after I applied the CM 12 rom for T989 from February 13, 2015 and I am stuck in the Cyanogen recovery.

I see the following options there:
  • reboot system now
  • apply update
  • wipe cache partition
  • reboot to bootloader
  • power down
  • view recovery log
see below

I don't even get USB connection to a pc so I can't connect to adb nor odin. Is there a way to recover the phone?

I used the "apply update" option in the recovery and used the CM12 rom again but nothing happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cyanogenrecovery.jpg
Views:	974
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	3293226  
2nd May 2015, 10:48 AM |#1005  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:

Hi all,
after I applied the rom I am stuck in the Cyanogen recovery.

I see the following options there:

• reboot system now
  • apply update
  • wipe cache partition
  • reboot to bootloader
  • power down
  • view recovery log

Is there a way to recover the phone? I don't even get USB connection to a pc.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

What does odin the recovery mean?

ok..... if you don't get a USB connection then you might have to try the apply update option
2nd May 2015, 11:31 AM |#1006  

More
Quote:

ok..... if you don't get a USB connection then you might have to try the apply update option

I tried apply update doesn't do anything.
2nd May 2015, 06:55 PM |#1007  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:

I tried apply update doesn't do anything.

At this point, you might need to have a working USB connection and a computer to ODIN your recovery
2nd May 2015, 07:06 PM |#1008  

More
Quote:

At this point, you might need to have a working USB connection and a computer to ODIN your recovery

is there a way to get usb working with the cyanogen recovery?
2nd May 2015, 07:11 PM |#1009  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:

is there a way to get usb working with the cyanogen recovery?

No, what I mean by using the USB cable to ODIN requires you to boot into download mode..... LINK
The Following User Says Thank You to LimeliME For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LimeliME Ad-Free
2nd May 2015, 07:19 PM |#1010  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Re-Stuck in CM Recovery
Quote:

Hi all,
after I applied the CM 12 rom for T989 from February 13, 2015 and I am stuck in the Cyanogen recovery.

I don't even get USB connection to a pc so I can't connect to adb nor odin. Is there a way to recover the phone?

I used the "apply update" option in the recovery and used the CM12 rom again but nothing happens.

This happened to me when I dirty flash the last update. You have to use Odin to flash twrp recovery again to make it boot. Assuming you are on the latest update, use the suggested Mod TWRP . Then once you booted make sure Developers Options> Update Cyanogen Recovery is turned off for future updates.

Just saw no USB, try putting the zip file on the sdcard. The internal storage may not work due to the way it is partitioned.
2nd May 2015, 07:36 PM |#1011  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakemiz

This happened to me when I dirty flash the last update. You have to use Odin to flash twrp recovery again to make it boot. Assuming you are on the latest update, use the suggested Mod TWRP . Then once you booted make sure Developers Options> Update Cyanogen Recovery is turned off for future updates.

Just saw no USB, try putting the zip file on the sdcard. The internal storage may not work due to the way it is partitioned.

The prob is that he/she isn't at the Roms that requires Re- partition, so he/she needed a offical TWRP to flash the old updates or he needed to do the re partition process
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread