FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

DIY OTG USB Host Cable (Keyboard and Mouse)

161 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By trojjanhorse, Senior Member on 12th August 2011, 03:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Few of these threads have been made, but not sure if anyone has shown OTG USB host cable work with USB dongle supporting a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I followed this scheme to connect the 4th pin ID to the 5th pin ground. The rest was very simple.
http://beyondthekeeboard.files.wordp...picture-50.png

Click bellow to see pictures of the USB bluetooth dongle connected via host wire with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse working flawlessly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6633676...n/photostream/

Let me know if you have any questions

12th August 2011, 08:36 AM |#2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 109

More
I think there was a thread related to this matter already : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=otg
12th August 2011, 04:23 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11

More
That thread doesn't use a bluetooth dongle. Instead, it uses the built in bluetooth feature of the phone to connect to a bluetooth keyboard and mouse without using the OTG host usb. That's why I wanted to try it this way and see if it worked.
23rd February 2012, 11:30 AM |#4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OTG cable
If i use OTG cable for my NOVO 7 paladin(tablet with Android Version 4.0.1) or Xperia ARC(Android version 2.3.4), can it support to my external USB device(like printer)?
23rd February 2012, 11:58 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.l

If i use OTG cable for my NOVO 7 paladin(tablet with Android Version 4.0.1) or Xperia ARC(Android version 2.3.4), can it support to my external USB device(like printer)?

hi,
most devices will work but android doesn`t have any built in printer support... (yet?)
The Following User Says Thank You to dune2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dune2k Ad-Free
23rd February 2012, 05:32 PM |#6  
Flag Reading
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojjanhorse

That thread doesn't use a bluetooth dongle. Instead, it uses the built in bluetooth feature of the phone to connect to a bluetooth keyboard and mouse without using the OTG host usb. That's why I wanted to try it this way and see if it worked.

Why don't you want to use the built in BT? Surely then you can output to a big screen or charge the phone.
24th February 2012, 07:53 AM |#7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question mouse and keyboard also not detected by XPERIA ARC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dune2k

hi,
most devices will work but android doesn`t have any built in printer support... (yet?)

mouse and keyboard also not detected by XPERIA ARC or NOVO 7 PALADIN
I don't have OTG cable?
Is OTG cable is required?

observation: Using USB HOST Controller Software(Available in Android market)
1) For NOVO 7 Paladin : USB HOST MODE is ACTIVE
:Keyboard, mouse not detected
2) For XPERIA ARC : USB HOST MODE not available or not Active
:Keyboard, mouse not detected
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)