[Q] HDMI to RCA?

Search This thread

realspido

Mar 13, 2008
Hi, as you know SGS2 doesn't support video via 3.5mm jack like SGS does, and I was wondering if there's any way of converting HDMI to RCA?

I found this cable:
www .amazon .com/HDMI-RCA-VGA-Cable-1-8ft/dp/B002ZUI68G/ref=pd_cp_e_3
(remove spaces from the link)
but I doubt it would work as you need digital to analog conversion and the cable doesn't seem to have any "black box" that could do it.

Can anyone reccommend any (cheap) ways of connecting SGS2 to TV via RCA using phones USB port?

BTW if Samsung did it same way like they did with SGS it would make peoples lifes so much easier!!!

hellotoprem

Jul 6, 2011
Hi, as you know SGS2 doesn't support video via 3.5mm jack like SGS does, and I was wondering if there's any way of converting HDMI to RCA?

I found this cable:
www .amazon .com/HDMI-RCA-VGA-Cable-1-8ft/dp/B002ZUI68G/ref=pd_cp_e_3
(remove spaces from the link)
but I doubt it would work as you need digital to analog conversion and the cable doesn't seem to have any "black box" that could do it.

Can anyone reccommend any (cheap) ways of connecting SGS2 to TV via RCA using phones USB port?

BTW if Samsung did it same way like they did with SGS it would make peoples lifes so much easier!!!

This is something I have tried and did not work. I bought an MHL adaptor for Samsung S2 and also HDMI to RCA cable with black box. The video and audio did not work with HDMI to RCA cable. Need help here.

up4fun2day

Nov 8, 2011
This is something I have tried and did not work. I bought an MHL adaptor for Samsung S2 and also HDMI to RCA cable with black box. The video and audio did not work with HDMI to RCA cable. Need help here.
From my understanding you need the micro usb mhl to scart then a scart cable going into a hdmi to composite downgrader and then you can hook up the rca cable - I haven't done this as would work out quite expensive but quite sure it would work as your problem is the hdmi to rca cable they never work as don't downgrade signal.

If anyone finds a cheaper way please let me know.

Also wondering if there is anyway to use allshare with apple tv box as I have one of these - if anyone cam help that would be great.

Apologies for highjacking thread a little bit but as a new user I'm unable to post my own thread yet!

Thanks in advance.