Search This thread

linusdan

Mar 18, 2017
Salvador, BA
artededan.com
i9100
New build up
- updated sources
- still December security patch (I didn't check before building, thought it would be January patch :) )

I think AOKP will no longer provide security patches for Nougat as they are working on Android Oreo.
Look:
Oreo -> https://github.com/AOKP/build/blob/oreo/core/version_defaults.mk#L184
Nougat -> https://github.com/AOKP/build/blob/nougat/core/version_defaults.mk#L134

Edit: Security patch is updated.
To make life easier when compiling, I have created a sync repository with several ROMS.
Just choose :D
https://github.com/linusdan/local_manifests

Last edited:
N

noppy22

@wawa9292 @guest4711

Root is enabled by default. This is written in the OP under the flashing instructions. I don't think it is possible to flash SuperSU.
The kernel is enforcing.

Reactions: mucane
@wawa9292@guest4711

Root is enabled by default. This is written in the OP under the flashing instructions. I don't think it is possible to flash SuperSU.
The kernel is enforcing.
Yes, but the previous versions included "su" in the filename ... So I was not sure whether in the new ROM (without "su" in filename) root is still included or has to be flashed ...

Gastozz

Jul 21, 2012
After changing homescreen and lockscreen wallpapers I got black screen and there is no way to set other wallpaper than black. Any advice?

N

noppy22

After changing homescreen and lockscreen wallpapers I got black screen and there is no way to set other wallpaper than black. Any advice?

I've never experienced that before. Have you tried rebooting and trying again? You could also try a different launcher such as nova...

Last edited by a moderator:
N

noppy22

There is a new build available in the first post including July security patch.

The default governor has been changed from ondemand to pegasusq. If you find that battery drain is worse compared to the previous builds, you can change it with kernel adiutor or similar...

:)

xsonymonx

May 12, 2018
Thanks @noppy22 for this great Rom.

I have update my old S2 from aicp 01/2018 to this Rom and i am very happy. The Rom is very very smooth and good Batterie life.

I hope we see more monthly updates :angel:

Best Regards :cowboy:

Reactions: noppy22

MikiGry

Oct 2, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Gear S3
Mebay it's a little OT, but when I came to AOKP website I noticed, that somehow there was a failed attempt to build android 6.0 based AOKP nightly for for our SII i9100 3 days ago
@noppy22
Do you know anything about it ?

Sent from my whyred using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-22-17-02-02-092_com.kiwibrowser.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-08-22-17-02-02-092_com.kiwibrowser.browser.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 173
N

noppy22

Mebay it's a little OT, but when I came to AOKP website I noticed, that somehow there was a failed attempt to build android 6.0 based AOKP nightly for for our SII i9100 3 days ago
@noppy22
Do you know anything about it ?

Sent from my whyred using XDA Labs

I would guess it is still listed as official from here, and there is some things missing/outdated that make the builds fail.

bemolx didn't continue support beyond MM, so I have been building unofficial N builds since then....

Reactions: MikiGry

Oxydeme

Feb 4, 2013
i9100
Redmi Note 10S
Downloading right now, will definitely give it a shot, thanks @noppy22 :)

Update: AOKP ROM Downloaded see ya in time ! :)
Now flashing time ^^

Update bis: After flashing I loosed 5% until it boot and let me move, I went to ROM control, damn customised ?
Pie is a bit strange at first and then comes handy,
Your ROM is purely fast, what a breath !

Last edited:

Gastozz

Jul 21, 2012
How to use Gmail and Youtube without gApps? I heard about MicroG. Is it compatible with this ROM? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N
    noppy22
    aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps(optional)
    Reboot
    Root is enabled by default(no need to flash superSU/lineage addon-su)

Source code
    LineageOS
    AOKP
    Kernel:
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    noppy22
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS, AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2018-09-07

Created 2017-05-15
    Last Updated 2018-09-08
    N
    noppy22
    New build up
    Changelog:
    - Replaced Gello browser with Jelly (should be better for battery and ram on old device like ours)
    - Bug fixes (AudioFX, Clock, Camera; credits to Lineage team)
    - Updated sources
    - plus more
    N
    noppy22
    New build up
    Changes:
    - BLN/backlights disabled(rINanDO is working on it. BLN-mod/synapse doesn't work on this build)
    - Bug fixes from AOKP & Lineage
    - updated sources
    - plus more
    @lexus46
    I've looked at the problem with boot animations applying from substratum, and it seems like a selinux issue. You can try a permissive kernel, that would probably work, but for now selinux will remain enforcing on this rom for security reasons. Substratum themes seem to work well apart from this(I haven't tested extensively)
    N
    noppy22
    New build up
    Changes:
    - App fixes(Snap, Settings, Music, Gallery, etc)
    - Framework fixes
    - Device and kernel changes
    - BLN/BLNWW(not tested)
    - plus more

Backlights are still not working for me(the buttons work but no lights). I tried BLN-Mod 1.0.2 and synapse now works, but with missing menu items. Possibly BLN isn't functional either, I've yet to test.
    N
    noppy22
    New build up
    - December security patch
    - updated sources