2,535 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,583

By westcrip, Senior Member on 9th January 2012, 10:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2012, 10:40 AM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Were can i download stable v3 from?

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Does anyone have a link to the already working V3, or does this rom work ok. and can all the issues be fixed?

12th January 2012, 10:44 AM |#482  
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucalaco

yes but i put 2012-01-11.22.38.10 folder but where i create the clockworkmode/backup but the restore says file not found

Did you create the ClockwordMod\Backup folder yourself?

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapperace2010

Were can i download stable v3 from?

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Does anyone have a link to the already working V3, or does this rom work ok. and can all the issues be fixed?

There isnt a stable V3 out of the box.
You have to wipe everything, then flash it, then wipe everything again, then power on and go through all the startup.
Then do the faceunlock fix an it all works perfect. Then its a daily driver all works fine.
12th January 2012, 10:48 AM |#483  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool
Thanks Meter: 3,303

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonski89

Hi shingers5,

Im still at a lost here... recovery always says no files found but in fact, i did copy the folder named(date and time) to sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ and checked if the files are there. its all there...
In cwm go to backup and restore menu then 4th down is backup to internal sd. Do that and reboot then use root exp to copy rom backup there. You will see backup you just created so copy rom there

im stumped!

Have you ever done a backup on your phone before? If so the backup folder would already be there on internal sdcard not external. If you have mem card in phone you may have your backup on that. In recovery choose to create a backup to internal sdcard. This will create the folders auto. In root exp go to sdcard/clockworkmod/backup and copy rom file there. Your old backups maybe on your ext card and not on internal sdcard.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
12th January 2012, 10:57 AM |#484  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool

More
Back to v3
12th January 2012, 11:02 AM |#485  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
greek language for keyboard?
Hi, Everything works fine. I am wondering is it me or can't i insert the greek language to the keyboard? I would like to write in english and greek. Also, is there any swype that is compatible with this rom? Thanks a lot
12th January 2012, 11:09 AM |#486  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5

Have you ever done a backup on your phone before? If so the backup folder would already be there on internal sdcard not external. If you have mem card in phone you may have your backup on that. In recovery choose to create a backup to internal sdcard. This will create the folders auto. In root exp go to sdcard/clockworkmod/backup and copy rom file there. Your old backups maybe on your ext card and not on internal sdcard.

I already have a previous backup of my rom. and thats where I put the folder extracted from the download. I'm pretty sure its in the internal card and not the external because if i open file manager, the foler is in the root, not on the external sd. anything else I need to do? coz in the recovery, the folder is there... but when restore starts, its saying no files found. skipping restore...
12th January 2012, 11:14 AM |#487  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool

More
Quote:

I already have a previous backup of my rom. and thats where I put the folder extracted from the download. I'm pretty sure its in the internal card and not the external because if i open file manager, the foler is in the root, not on the external sd. anything else I need to do? coz in the recovery, the folder is there... but when restore starts, its saying no files found. skipping restore...

Mate if you have done all as stated i dont know why folder not found. Are you chosing to restore from internal sd option in cwm not just restore? Choose restore from internal sdcard and if not found its not in there. I am sure you have your sdcard mixed up. If you cant see your other restore then in wrong folder. Backup from cwm to internal sd.
Humor me mate as trying to help you here. To be sure go to cwm and choose backup to internal sd. Reboot phone and go to sdcard clockworkmod backup and you see backup dated 12.1.12 so copy rom folder in there. Try it

12th January 2012, 11:33 AM |#488  

More
Quote:

Mate if you have done all as stated i dont know why folder not found. Are you chosing to restore from internal sd option in cwm not just restore? Choose restore from internal sdcard and if not found its not in there. I am sure you have your sdcard mixed up. If you cant see your other restore then in wrong folder. Backup from cwm to internal sd.
Humor me mate as trying to help you here. To be sure go to cwm and choose backup to internal sd. Reboot phone and go to sdcard clockworkmod backup and you see backup dated 12.1.12 so copy rom folder in there. Try it

Ayt mate... will backup again now to internal sdcard. cross your fingers....

*** Hmm.... my recovery is v4.0.1.5 and the choices i have under the backup and restore is, backup, restore and advanced restore.... i'll try to post a screenie of my file manager so you can see its in the internal card.

here's my screenies:

Clockworkmod:

External_SD:
12th January 2012, 11:47 AM |#489  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool

More
Quote:

Ayt mate... will backup again now to internal sdcard. cross your fingers....

*** Hmm.... my recovery is v4.0.1.5 and the choices i have under the backup and restore is, backup, restore and advanced restore.... i'll try to post a screenie of my file manager so you can see its in the internal card.

here's my screenies:

Clockworkmod:

External_SD:

You need 5.0.27 as thatz outdated. You need a recovery that allows you to restore from internal sd. Thats your problem there mate sorry

12th January 2012, 11:51 AM |#490  
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Yep, u need the latest version of CWM. It should have Blue text instead of orange text. Then ull have the option of RESTORE FROM INTERNAL SD
12th January 2012, 11:52 AM |#491  

More
Quote:

You need 5.0.27 as thatz outdated. You need a recovery that allows you to restore from internal sd. Thats your problem there mate sorry

Im using phenomenal kernel and that's the recovery that comes with it. I can flash another kernel and restore the ics backup then flash my phenomenal kernel again right?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp, custom rom i9100, galaxy s2, google android, ics, resurrection remix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)