FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][UNOFFICIAL][EOL]DorimanX Stock JB 4.1.2-TRIM

495 posts
Thanks Meter: 435
 
By chhapil, Senior Member on 12th May 2015, 06:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th May 2015, 08:53 AM |#21  
_Atom_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
hey @chhapil , nice work dude....I have been using ur updated kernel since 4 days and its stable ,battery friendly...also thanks for the FIOPS scehdular

If I had 10000+ thanks button in xda ,I would have pressed that button for u ...........Also Do u have any plan for next update for stock kernel...just curiosly asking
 
 
26th May 2015, 09:54 AM |#22  
MikiGry's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 348
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Atom_

hey @chhapil , nice work dude....I have been using ur updated kernel since 4 days and its stable ,battery friendly...also thanks for the FIOPS scehdular

If I had 10000+ thanks button in xda ,I would have pressed that button for u ...........Also Do u have any plan for next update for stock kernel...just curiosly asking

Fiops schreder is good. FIFO is broken. It scales too fast and causes SODS. It schould be removed. Test if you dont belive.

Wysłane ze SlimSaberd-fonika 4.4.4 powered by DorimanX v10.44.008 kernel...
26th May 2015, 04:19 PM |#23  
_Atom_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiGry

Fiops schreder is good. FIFO is broken. It scales too fast and causes SODS. It schould be removed. Test if you dont belive.

Wysłane ze SlimSaberd-fonika 4.4.4 powered by DorimanX v10.44.008 kernel...

Yeah..Fiops schedular is awsome...with which governor did u tested with FIFO ? did u checked wit all gov with FIFO ?
26th May 2015, 05:00 PM |#24  
MikiGry's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 348
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Atom_

Yeah..Fiops schedular is awsome...with which governor did u tested with FIFO ? did u checked wit all gov with FIFO ?

Odemand
Intellidemand
NeoX
ZzmanX
Sooner or later sods were appearing realy often.

Wysłane ze SlimSaberd-fonika 4.4.4 powered by DorimanX v10.44.008 kernel...
27th May 2015, 07:35 AM |#25  
_Atom_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiGry

Odemand
Intellidemand
NeoX
ZzmanX
Sooner or later sods were appearing realy often.

Wysłane ze SlimSaberd-fonika 4.4.4 powered by DorimanX v10.44.008 kernel...

May be FIFO needs some extra work..Also noop with ondemand gives me freeze wit sammy logo
27th May 2015, 07:41 AM |#26  
chhapil's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Xen
Thanks Meter: 435
 
More
I/O Schedulers benchmarks
Hi,
I have been running Androbench benchmarks on our S2 for couple io schedulers i added. lets see how they pitch against time tested ROW scheduler.
In general i found FIOPS more responsive, so using it on day to day basis now.

FIOPS
FIOPS

TRIPNDROID
I read good reviews about it, so added it. But the performance is comparable
TRIPNDRPOID

ROW
ROW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiops.png
Views:	618
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	3333692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Row.png
Views:	618
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	3333693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tripndroid.png
Views:	606
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	3333694  
The Following User Says Thank You to chhapil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chhapil Ad-Free
27th May 2015, 10:22 AM |#27  
Saber's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Down under
Thanks Meter: 8,251
 
Donate to Me
More
@chhapil, since when did you add the tripndroid scheduler? That's really awesome that you've implemented it. Can't wait for it to release! FIOPS does seem to excel in random reads though.
27th May 2015, 10:29 AM |#28  
chhapil's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Xen
Thanks Meter: 435
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstudios

@chhapil, since when did you add the tripndroid scheduler? That's really awesome that you've implemented it. Can't wait for it to release! FIOPS does seem to excel in random reads though.

Check OP.
v12 i have uploaded it yesterday
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chhapil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chhapil Ad-Free
29th May 2015, 04:39 AM |#29  
chhapil's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Xen
Thanks Meter: 435
 
More
Question TRIM kernel?
Guys,
I have been testing trim enabled kernel from last couple of days. It's been good so far.
Do you suggest I should post the trim enabled kernel?
I don't want people to suffer if they don't know what they would be doing.
Let me know
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chhapil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chhapil Ad-Free
29th May 2015, 07:23 AM |#30  
Saber's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Down under
Thanks Meter: 8,251
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhapil

Guys,
I have been testing trim enabled kernel from last couple of days. It's been good so far.
Do you suggest I should post the trim enabled kernel?
I don't want people to suffer if they don't know what they would be doing.
Let me know

Post it please, really needed for the slow samcrap software.

P.S: I have more ideas that are not to hard to implement that I can give you.

These are some things that would be nice to be found on dorimanx kernel:
- Change default tcp scheduler to westwood - Pretty easy to do, tried it myself
- Updates to nightmare, darkness and alucard governors by alucard24
29th May 2015, 07:44 AM |#31  
chhapil's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Xen
Thanks Meter: 435
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstudios

Post it please, really needed for the slow samcrap software.

P.S: I have more ideas that are not to hard to implement that I can give you.

These are some things that would be nice to be found on dorimanx kernel:
- Change default tcp scheduler to westwood - Pretty easy to do, tried it myself
- Updates to nightmare, darkness and alucard governors by alucard24

post your git link if possible, i'll have a look.
for cpu governors i have been struggling, the updated code is causing bootloops. but anyways point me please to alucard's repo also.
I'm following Dorimanx's G2 thread to see what kind of updates can be pulled to our S2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes