[KERNEL][UNOFFICIAL][EOL]DorimanX Stock JB 4.1.2-TRIM

Search This thread

_Atom_

Dec 25, 2013
Unknown
hey @chhapil , nice work dude....I have been using ur updated kernel since 4 days and its stable ,battery friendly...also thanks for the FIOPS scehdular :)

If I had 10000+ thanks button in xda ,I would have pressed that button for u :)...........Also Do u have any plan for next update for stock kernel...just curiosly asking

Last edited:

MikiGry

Oct 2, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Gear S3
hey @chhapil , nice work dude....I have been using ur updated kernel since 4 days and its stable ,battery friendly...also thanks for the FIOPS scehdular :)

If I had 10000+ thanks button in xda ,I would have pressed that button for u :)...........Also Do u have any plan for next update for stock kernel...just curiosly asking
Fiops schreder is good. FIFO is broken. It scales too fast and causes SODS. It schould be removed. Test if you dont belive.

Wysłane ze SlimSaberd-fonika 4.4.4 powered by DorimanX v10.44.008 kernel...

_Atom_

Dec 25, 2013
Unknown
Fiops schreder is good. FIFO is broken. It scales too fast and causes SODS. It schould be removed. Test if you dont belive.

Yeah..Fiops schedular is awsome...with which governor did u tested with FIFO ? did u checked wit all gov with FIFO ?

I/O Schedulers benchmarks

Hi,
I have been running Androbench benchmarks on our S2 for couple io schedulers i added. lets see how they pitch against time tested ROW scheduler.
In general i found FIOPS more responsive, so using it on day to day basis now.

FIOPS
attachment.php

TRIPNDROID
I read good reviews about it, so added it. But the performance is comparable
attachment.php

ROW
attachment.php

Attachments

• Fiops.png
    Fiops.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 625
  • Row.png
    Row.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 627
  • Tripndroid.png
    Tripndroid.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 613
Reactions: cammi123
Last edited:

Saber

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Guys,
I have been testing trim enabled kernel from last couple of days. It's been good so far.
Do you suggest I should post the trim enabled kernel?
I don't want people to suffer if they don't know what they would be doing.
Let me know

Post it please, really needed for the slow samcrap software.

P.S: I have more ideas that are not to hard to implement that I can give you.

These are some things that would be nice to be found on dorimanx kernel:
- Change default tcp scheduler to westwood - Pretty easy to do, tried it myself
- Updates to nightmare, darkness and alucard governors by alucard24

Last edited:
Post it please, really needed for the slow samcrap software.

P.S: I have more ideas that are not to hard to implement that I can give you.

These are some things that would be nice to be found on dorimanx kernel:
- Change default tcp scheduler to westwood - Pretty easy to do, tried it myself
- Updates to nightmare, darkness and alucard governors by alucard24

post your git link if possible, i'll have a look.
for cpu governors i have been struggling, the updated code is causing bootloops. but anyways point me please to alucard's repo also.
I'm following Dorimanx's G2 thread to see what kind of updates can be pulled to our S2

_Atom_

Dec 25, 2013
Unknown
Guys,
I have been testing trim enabled kernel from last couple of days. It's been good so far.
Do you suggest I should post the trim enabled kernel?
I don't want people to suffer if they don't know what they would be doing.
Let me know

A small warning from Lanchons thread about Trim on Stock rom before flashing trim enabled kernels...

Instructions:
make sure you are rooted.
WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING STOCK ANDROID VERSION 4.1.2 (THE RELEASE, NOT A LEAKED VERSION) OR YOU WILL DESTROY YOUR DEVICE DUE TO BRICKBUG!!!
READ THIS POST IN FULL. find out which bugs your eMMC has if any, and decide whether to run the risk of trimming.
WARNING: MAKE SURE YOUR EMMC IS NOT AFFECTED BY TRIM BUG OR YOU WILL DESTROY YOUR DEVICE!!! if you have trim bug, you must not trim on a stock kernel, end of story.
also, it is assumed that release (not a leak) 4.1.2 stock kernel contains this patch and thus is brickbug safe. but there might be different versions, and there is no way to be sure if the corresponding source code was patched by samsung, so...
WARNING: IF YOUR EMMC IS AFFECTED BY BRICKBUG, THE POSSIBILITY HARD BRICKING YOUR DEVICE CANNOT BE COMPLETELY RULED OUT without access to the kernel source code. proceed at your own peril, or better yet, switch to a custom rom/kernel.
install the LagFix (free) app from xda (the market version is declared to be incompatible with some 4210-based devices). go to the LagFix tab, check the 3 partitions, and tap on run. grant root access. the 3 fstrim operations should be successful ("partition was trimmed" means success). alternatively, those with busybox installed can try issuing the fstrim commands themselves. in particular, you must do this to trim /preload. you can also look for the fstrim command in the private files of LagFix.
reboot and profit.
NOTE: i assume there is little free space in /system and /preload in stock roms, so most benefits will come from trimmed free space in /data. this space will get overwritten in time so you will need to periodically trim. the premium version of LagFix includes a scheduler that takes care of this. unfortunately LagFix is declared to be incompatible with some 4210-based devices and so you will not be able to purchase and download it. FYI, here is some information about the genuine LagFix premium apk version 1.5.1 on Android Observatory and AndroTotal, including hashes of the file. (i do not know about free space in /preload. maybe there is enough to overprovision but you need to manually trim it; LagFix will not do it.)

Here is the thread Link Lanchon Trim

hey can you release both versions aka trim and without trim
Thats kind of hard to maintain for me. because i had to change in lot of places to enable it.
JB stock won't run the trim unless you run the commands explicitly. Auto trimming was introduced 4.3 onwards. but i think trim is safe thing to do if you once verify your chip.

Reactions: cammi123

visky642

Thats kind of hard to maintain for me. because i had to change in lot of places to enable it.
JB stock won't run the trim unless you run the commands explicitly. Auto trimming was introduced 4.3 onwards. but i think trim is safe thing to do if you once verify your chip.

actually its safer to keep trim off from my point of view because of lot of users dont really even read the instructions and do the stuff and end up doing crazy stuff ,.. and thats what i fear of,. n yes i'm afraid of trim still

N

noppy22

actually its safer to keep trim off from my point of view because of lot of users dont really even read the instructions and do the stuff and end up doing crazy stuff ,.. and thats what i fear of,. n yes i'm afraid of trim still

For anyone using trim, I would start by installing "emmc brickbug check" app from play store. And as long as the available patches are implemented in this kernel, it will be safe anyway.

MikiGry

Oct 2, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Gear S3
@chhapil
If you ask me i would say lest add trim but only in excutable way (it will be activaited after excuting the command in terminal emultor). Everyone will be happy [emoji6]

Reactions: Saber

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Background:

JB is far gone as of now, but i still love what Samsung delivered with JB 4.1.2 on my beloved SII.
    Dorimanx and Computoncio used to deliver regular builds with latest patches from Linux kernel and they managed to bring it to 3.15-rc2.
    But now the project seems like dead.
    This is my effort to keep it ticking till the point its possible for me. My intentions is not create any mess of builds, that may harm this evergreen xda community. The Credit still goes to the Original Developers.

If you have problems or if anything goes wrong, you can flash latest build by Computoncio
    You can download from his official website:
    http://dorimanx.casoncia.org/

DISCLAIMER:
    ONLY FOR JB 4.1.2 Based Roms
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices or wrong version flashing
    You are using this kernel at your own responsibility

——— !!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!!!! ———

FEATURES:
    This kernel include the following additional features:​

* New Uber toolchain (4.9) 10-05-2015. Overall it feels smoother on it than linaro.
    * IsoRec Support
    * SuperSU 2.46
    * FPU corruption bugfix (aka music player fix)
    * Package Parsing error fixed. There is an issue with the current Initramfs. I have reverted to older version (v98) of it.

CREDITS:
    Dorimanx (the real master of the kernel)
    Gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel)
    Voku1987(This Kernel)
    Alucard_24(This Kernel)
    STANTRC(This Kernel)
    Entropy512 (CyanogenMod)
    Tungstwenty (On screen gestures addon)
    Torvalds (Kernel 3.6.Y maintainer)
    Computoncio (This Kernel)
    cybernetus (This Kernel)
    stelistcristi (Contents of this post)
    Lanchon ( for IsoRec Support)
    gsstudios ( For extended Support on other ROMs and versions)

Download
    http://chhapil.github.io

KERNEL SOURCE:
    Source code of the kernel can be found here:
    https://github.com/chhapil/Dorimanx-SG2-I9100-Kernel
    https://github.com/chhapil/initramfs3

End of Life
    I'm back

I'm back to SII development after a stint of other device.
    I'm pulling changes from gsstudio to JB branch

I'll publish to build soon
    Changelog

Please find the trim disabled builds in OP. Please mention the version when you report the issues along with logcat and kmsg logs
    8.47v033
    General stability merges from @gsstudios's repo
    Uber 5.x branch updated to the latest feb release, the phone is more quicker now
    I have been using this build now last couple of day without any issues.

v8.47v025
    TRIM Enabled
    Updated to linux mainline 3.15 thanks to @gssstudio
    isorec support thanks to @gsstudios and @Lanchon
    lz4 compression on zram
    other enhancements

v8.45v007
    Changed to Uber toolchain
    Package parsing error fixed
    Music Bug Fix

v8.45v009
    Uber toolchain updated to dated 15-05-2015
    BLX battery life extender fix, refer http://xdaforums.com/nexus-s/development/mod-battery-life-extender-blx-t1257497

v8.45v010
    FIOPS enabled, check stweaks to set it ---Removing the build as of now...looks like there are some issues with FIOPS as of now, it was getting set was PLACEBO. I'm testing it once again.

v8.45v012
    FIOPS fixed and tested OK. Kindly check
    TRIPNDROID added to I/O schedulers

v8.45v015
    Updated Uber toolchain
    Enabled O3 optimization flag
    I'm in process to optimize the compilation flags. I'll update the builds as when they more optimized.

v8.45v016
    TRIM ENABLED
    I have been testing this with my phone from last couple of days, working fine with me.
    Dorimanx includes all the fixes needed to enable trim. Check Lanchon's thread for all the details, whether you can use TRIM on your phone!
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-brickbug-aftermath-speeding-t2843238
    Use this at your own RISK

I have also added options to run trim from Stweaks. it would trim your data, cache, system and preload partitions only. I have also added cron support to run trim every day morning, but cron is somehow broken, i;m still looking into that issue.

v8.45v021
    TRIM is still ENABLED, i'm working on the switch to publish both trim and non trim versions
    Use this at your own RISK
    1. Initramfs updated to sync with Dorimanx's branch. Dualbooters @Troubadour666 kindly test
    2. Governors updated ---->> Hyper, ondemand, nightmare
    3. O3 flags reverted, it was consuming more battery for us

v8.45v025
    TCP Congestion control option added to stweaks.
    westwood and others can be set
    thanks to @gsstudios for the fix and config

v8.45v027
    CPU scheduler lionheart fixed. working fine now
    patch and build process to create trim/non-trim builds for users.

v8.45v029
    busybox updated to 1.23.2

v8.45v032
    CPU governors updated
    I/O schedulers updated
    CPU is getting stuck at highest frequency, removing this build

v8.47v003
    Uber Toolchain changed to 4.8 for better battery and less issues.
    You can see a big bump in the version number, that was due to my trials with new features, but I'm not able keep up building and testing new builds frequently due to professional commitments. But I'll try my best.
    Release management changed to Github

v8.47v007
    Non-Trim Build
    Lionheart, congestion control restored.

Downloads:
    http://chhapil.github.io/

Full change log
    https://github.com/chhapil/Dorimanx-SG2-I9100-Kernel/commits/master-jelly-bean

I'm having SODs with non trim build, will test and upload another build. I'm not getting enough time to test non-trim builds, so its taking back seat
    Hey guys,

chhapil has released a new build on github. build 8.47v033.

He has updated UBER toolchain and included some kernel updates found in my builds to increase stability. OP hasn't been updated yet, so I thought I would give a little announcement ;)

gsstudios
    New Release: 8.47v040

Change log
    This is mostly small fixes release, mostly ported from @gsstudios repo. Not getting enough time these days
    1. SIO updated to SIO Plus
    2. vfs cache pressure synced to CM LP
    3. Other small fixes

Please run hawker's kernel clean up script before flashing this new build.
    Let me know if you get SODs