FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][UNOFFICIAL BUILDS][JB/KK][Vx.43v76]DorimanX Test builds

1,101 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,498
 
By eskriminal, Senior Member on 22nd August 2013, 12:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd August 2013, 01:49 PM |#11  
m1trand1r's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,630
 
Donate to Me
More
@eskriminal
can you just link to git where you build from?....or maybe build one kernel....if there are any new commits ....because place holders are not allowed at xda.....you need at least source link ma8 .....and keep up great job.....because last one you shared with me was awesome build.....although latest 9.39 is a beast.........waiting for new commits and build.....
The Following User Says Thank You to m1trand1r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1trand1r Ad-Free
 
 
22nd August 2013, 01:56 PM |#12  
eskriminal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,498
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoby13

@eskriminal
can you just link to git where you build from?....or maybe build one kernel....if there are any new commits ....because place holders are not allowed at xda.....you need at least source link ma8 .....and keep up great job.....because last one you shared with me was awesome build.....although latest 9.39 is a beast.........waiting for new commits and build.....

edited op to include source and info for when downloads are up

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eskriminal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eskriminal Ad-Free
22nd August 2013, 02:21 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
hi guys..im using philz touch kernel..i want little more brightness ..so which kernel has got the maximum brightness ?? i dont have issues with battery drain
22nd August 2013, 02:23 PM |#14  
eskriminal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,498
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkyycbz

hi guys..im using philz touch kernel..i want little more brightness ..so which kernel has got the maximum brightness ?? i dont have issues with battery drain

any dorimanx build has gamma control in the screen tab on stweaks, raise it to increase brightness

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to eskriminal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eskriminal Ad-Free
22nd August 2013, 02:30 PM |#15  
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest greatest city ever
Thanks Meter: 537
 
More
I bought an optimus g for wife, but started to play with it, lock bootloader, hard to root, no custom kernel for oc. It's nice to see that s2 community it's still active.

Regarding domain, maybe ApriliaM3 from neatrom thread, he has an huge one with mods, kernels, rom.
http://devhost.xda-developers.com/users/ApriliaM3/?fld_id=8738#files

Galaxy S2 powered by Dorimanx!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogdan1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogdan1980 Ad-Free
StatusQuo209
22nd August 2013, 03:12 PM |#16  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Agreed. Nice to see the i9100 community still active

I have a question. What is a "V8" kernel and if its good stuff, why isn't included in Dorimanx official build? I'm assuming because of possible bugs?
22nd August 2013, 03:41 PM |#17  
m1trand1r's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,630
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusQuo209

Agreed. Nice to see the i9100 community still active

I have a question. What is a "V8" kernel and if its good stuff, why isn't included in Dorimanx official build? I'm assuming because of possible bugs?

maybe you lost track....but dorimanx kernel has 2 branches....8.xx & 9.xx....
8.xx has support for Samsung stock JB roms...aswel as aosp/aokp/cm....<---4.2.2 and bellow...to 4.1.2...
9.xx branch supports 4.2.2 and 4.3 only...aokp/cm/aosp roms and dualboot between them....and with 9.xx you have more ram avaliable ....other things you can find in original dorimanx kernel thread....
The Following User Says Thank You to m1trand1r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1trand1r Ad-Free
22nd August 2013, 03:47 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest greatest city ever
Thanks Meter: 537
 
More
v8, for official roms. v9, custom roms.
Dorimanx put sources in git daily and build his kernel. Anyone who could and want, take his sources and make an kernel, based on his sources. So, that's what we are here on this thread, we wait to grab and test an custom kernel

Galaxy S2 powered by Dorimanx!
The Following User Says Thank You to bogdan1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogdan1980 Ad-Free
StatusQuo209
22nd August 2013, 03:47 PM |#19  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoby13

maybe you lost track....but dorimanx kernel has 2 branches....8.xx & 9.xx...8.xx has support for Samsung stock JB roms...aswel as aosp/aokp/cm....<---4.2.2 and bellow...to 4.1.2...
9.xx branch supports 4.2.2 and 4.3 only...aokp/cm/aosp roms and dualboot between them....and with 9.xx you have more ram avaliable ....other things you can find in original dorimanx kernel thread....

dude! I totally lost my mind. Lol. I totally got confused, I know there is a version 8 of the kernel. I was thinking that this was like the "V6 Supercharger" mod that some people use. I thought there was a new version or something that was kernel based. Hahaha. Thanks for clearing that up for me bud.

Excuse my ignorance...
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
22nd August 2013, 03:47 PM |#20  
m1trand1r's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,630
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusQuo209

Agreed. Nice to see the i9100 community still active

I have a question. What is a "V8" kernel and if its good stuff, why isn't included in Dorimanx official build? I'm assuming because of possible bugs?

aaaaand V8.xx is official..,just like 9.xx
bugs(if any) are the same.....but 9.39 is.....<3
22nd August 2013, 03:49 PM |#21  
wonsky21's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,074
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusQuo209

Agreed. Nice to see the i9100 community still active

I have a question. What is a "V8" kernel and if its good stuff, why isn't included in Dorimanx official build? I'm assuming because of possible bugs?

This is V8

Now seriously: by V8 rkoby means Dorimanx 8.xx kernel series, which is for Sammy roms, basicly due the old mali drivers. 9.xx series is for newer AOKP/AOSP roms with newer drivers only (you can use 8.xx and 9.xx with AOKP/AOSP, but ONLY 8.xx with Sammy roms). BTW, V8 IS included in Dorimanx thread, it's compiled at the same time as V9.

Edit: wow, 4 other posts, when I was writing this one. This thread is growing fast
The Following User Says Thank You to wonsky21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wonsky21 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dorimanx, dorimanx test builds, eskriminal, kernel, test betas for devs!, unofficial builds, _marjune23 is here...

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes