Ideally, the choice to theme the ROM, add AOSP apps or even remove ringtones should rest with the user and this preference changes from person to person.
Also, excessive removal of system files whose functions are not fully understood can lead to further instability. Personally, i think its the most stable and battery efficient ICS ROM i have come across.
It takes hours of effort to keep updating and maintaining the ROM and OTA packages with nothing much to look forward to at the end! If you really want to keep this thread updated and help me put in more effort, you can
Thanks to longtins!
- Battery tweaks
- Performance tweaks
- Screen fixes
- GPS quick-fix
- Automatic EFS backup
- Solution for empty My Apps in Market (Entirely the work of ken218)
- OTA app for complete customization of the ROM through a built-in app (Credits to 89lucas89 and albsat for the idea)
- Apex as default/backup launcher
- Removed TouchWiz launcher (Through OTA app)
- Removed all apps downloadable from the Market
- Removed all hubs and Samsung Email (Through OTA app)
- Remarkable Stability thanks to Samsung
- Huge thanks to Lohigno for SGS3 elements on OTA. Credits go out to original guys who leaked the SGS3 ROM too.
GM v3.0 users are strongly urged to apply the critical patch issued on OTA. No need of flashing the entire v3.01 ROM
GalaxyMOD XWLPX v3.01 Base ROM ( Please do read the instruction in red below)
CWM packages for individual needs like adding AOSP apps, themes etc. are in POST 2
FAQ's and quick fixes for common problems are in POST 3
Flash the zip file in Recovery mode. It is a No wipe ROM but it is highly recommended that you do a full wipe/factory reset from CWM before flashing this ROM.
On first boot-up after flashing, your screen may be blank with just the notification bar.
This is perfectly normal as some of the graphics library files need to be initialized.
Simply reboot the phone from the power menu and you will get the normal Android welcome screen on rebooting.
Screenshots (From LPB version)
(NOTE: Shown in the screenshots is just stock Samsung ICS, you can change this look based on which visual mods you flash from POST 2. Thanks to apeatan for the screenshots!)
My sincere thanks to Intellitech for the hosting!
Also thanks to Wanam, Lidroid, ken218, codeworkx and inumerable other XDA member's how have directly or indirectly helped me cook this ROM. Apologies, if i have missed out some any credits.