FORUMS

[MOD] Enable NFC on your device!

187 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By arikyeo, Senior Member on 23rd December 2011, 06:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a NFC enabler from fonzi09 that, well, enables NFC from your NFC-enabled Galaxy S2 (try saying that 5x quickly..). Note that YOUR GALAXY S2 NEEDS TO HAVE HARDWARE NFC SUPPORT, ergo: Your S2 must have a NFC chip inside, whether its a SIM mod, SD mod, or preinstalled. Almost all custom ROMs remove the perms and libs for NFC and this just puts them back where they belong. Capiche? Yea? Good.

All credits go to fonzi09 for this wonderful mod which I'm unfortunately not able to enjoy because I have a UK Orange Galaxy S2...
Attached Files
File Type: zip NFCenabler.zip - [Click for QR Code] (897.8 KB, 13985 views)
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to arikyeo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arikyeo Ad-Free
23rd December 2011, 06:19 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
For those who have a i9100 you don't have NFC chip inside. You need Orange France's i9100 or i9100p for this to work. For those who still don't understand, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to arikyeo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arikyeo Ad-Free
23rd December 2011, 06:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
reserved 2222222222
The Following User Says Thank You to arikyeo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arikyeo Ad-Free
23rd December 2011, 06:20 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
reserved 33333333333333333
23rd December 2011, 07:29 PM |#5  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 19

More
After this mod z device test shows that nfc exist. But when in setting I try to enable nfc it just greyed out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
23rd December 2011, 07:47 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monu123

After this mod z device test shows that nfc exist. But when in setting I try to enable nfc it just greyed out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Which ROM are you using?

Nathan
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fonzi09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fonzi09 Ad-Free
23rd December 2011, 08:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Same problem but I'm using CheckRom.
23rd December 2011, 08:07 PM |#8  

More
Are you both sure you have the i9100P version with NFC? I also had this issue earlier on, its been a long afternoon but I'm sure it was solved by using the libpn544_fw.so from my original orange build.

Nathan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fonzi09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fonzi09 Ad-Free
23rd December 2011, 10:16 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 694

More
Hey guys I had a question I have asked before but noone seemed to have an answer... maybe you guys can... I have a i9100 and it didn't come with any nfc on it I believe... like the battery has it written on it etc... this doesn't...
so my question is, does anyone know if its possible to add nfc to this phone somehow...?? By maybe getting a nfc enabled battery or something...??
The Following User Says Thank You to DrunkFuX666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrunkFuX666 Ad-Free
23rd December 2011, 10:48 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkFuX666

Hey guys I had a question I have asked before but noone seemed to have an answer... maybe you guys can... I have a i9100 and it didn't come with any nfc on it I believe... like the battery has it written on it etc... this doesn't...
so my question is, does anyone know if its possible to add nfc to this phone somehow...?? By maybe getting a nfc enabled battery or something...??

I think we need someone to be brave and try it!

Nathan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fonzi09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fonzi09 Ad-Free
23rd December 2011, 11:04 PM |#11  
Flag London

More
Tried this on my SG2 and whilst the option is there, when I tap to activate it greys out which sadly means that my version does not have the NFC chip. it's a shame but never mind.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)