[MOD] Enable NFC on your device!

Search This thread

arikyeo

Jul 31, 2010
Singapore
This is a NFC enabler from fonzi09 that, well, enables NFC from your NFC-enabled Galaxy S2 (try saying that 5x quickly..). Note that YOUR GALAXY S2 NEEDS TO HAVE HARDWARE NFC SUPPORT, ergo: Your S2 must have a NFC chip inside, whether its a SIM mod, SD mod, or preinstalled. Almost all custom ROMs remove the perms and libs for NFC and this just puts them back where they belong. Capiche? Yea? Good.

All credits go to fonzi09 for this wonderful mod which I'm unfortunately not able to enjoy because I have a UK Orange Galaxy S2...

Attachments

• NFCenabler.zip
    897.8 KB · Views: 14,087

Monu123

Aug 4, 2009
Gurgaon
After this mod z device test shows that nfc exist. But when in setting I try to enable nfc it just greyed out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

fonzi09

Apr 15, 2009
Are you both sure you have the i9100P version with NFC? I also had this issue earlier on, its been a long afternoon but I'm sure it was solved by using the libpn544_fw.so from my original orange build.

Nathan

DrunkFuX666

Feb 19, 2011
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 3a XL
Hey guys I had a question I have asked before but noone seemed to have an answer... maybe you guys can... I have a i9100 and it didn't come with any nfc on it I believe... like the battery has it written on it etc... this doesn't...
so my question is, does anyone know if its possible to add nfc to this phone somehow...?? By maybe getting a nfc enabled battery or something...??

Reactions: fonzi09

fonzi09

Apr 15, 2009
Hey guys I had a question I have asked before but noone seemed to have an answer... maybe you guys can... I have a i9100 and it didn't come with any nfc on it I believe... like the battery has it written on it etc... this doesn't...
so my question is, does anyone know if its possible to add nfc to this phone somehow...?? By maybe getting a nfc enabled battery or something...??

I think we need someone to be brave and try it! :)

Nathan

ricey1986

Mar 6, 2009
Bolton
So if I have an international sg2 that doesn't have nfc by standard, this will still work if I get the SD card with nfc??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

DrunkFuX666

Feb 19, 2011
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 3a XL
You need those microSD with NFC enabled eg the one that Visa is still rolling out in beta, or something similar. Or a SIM with NFC enabled.

I read about these nfc Sims but only one carrier seems to have it... hence pretty much not accessible...
Didn't come across these micro SD things... any links cost etc...??
Guess ill Google it...

Sent from my Galaxy SII

fonzi09

Apr 15, 2009
Reactions: RedWave31

florexus

Mar 23, 2011
This is a NFC enabler from fonzi09 that, well, enables NFC from your NFC-enabled Galaxy S2 (try saying that 5x quickly..). Note that YOUR GALAXY S2 NEEDS TO HAVE HARDWARE NFC SUPPORT, ergo: Your S2 must have a NFC chip inside, whether its a SIM mod, SD mod, or preinstalled. Almost all custom ROMs remove the perms and libs for NFC and this just puts them back where they belong. Capiche? Yea? Good.

All credits go to fonzi09 for this wonderful mod which I'm unfortunately not able to enjoy because I have a UK Orange Galaxy S2...

Fully working on kk5 m250s.ty

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi everybody, great news!

It seems someone has already made what I was asking here for...ages! :mad:

All credit goes to "GAT" for this work.
    This post is just a simple translation of his post, i'm not affiliated to him in any way, nor will answer to silly questions (how to flash, etc)

French Forum, NFC for ICS Patch

There are links there to mirrors, choose the most suitable for you.
    You just have to flash it in CWM, and reboot the phone TWICE.
    A new parameter should appear in "Plus" amongst Radios (Wifi, Bluetooth).
    Apparently, Android Beam seems to function as well.

It has been reported working with:

- LPH
    - LP7
    - CM9
    - AndyX 7.1
    - MIUI ICS (unknown version)
    - Westcrip 1.1 to 1.8.1 and AOKP versions

Install instructions (advanced)
    Note : These install instructions shouldn't be needed on latest Westcrip's roms above 1.4 (AOKP)
    - Go into recovery
    - Wipe EVERYTHING (but not your SDCARD of course)
    - Flash ICS 1.1 (yeah, old version)
    - Flash GAPPS + Fixer
    - Wipe DATA+CACHE, reboot
    - Configure Language and Account
    - Reboot under recovery
    - Flash NFCEnablerICS (whatever version)
    - Reboot, and go check parameters, it should be activated, uncheck, it should stay greyed out
    - Reboot again and test (there is no icon for NFC standby unlike in GB)
    - Reboot under recovery, flash the SMSFIXER_and_dialerT9
    - Reboot, you should be all set!

For those willing, you can also unrar your favorite rom, unrar and paste the patch files directly into your rom (overwrite files!), repack then flash.
    Again, no how-to for that one, if you don't know how to unrar, just...don't even flash that ^^

Know problems :
    - The "TAG" app is giving a FC on some phones.
    - The "NFC" parameter doesn't even appear for some. Wiping DATA and CACHE (aka FULL RESET) seems to deal with the issue on some phones. Otherwise, try following my tutorial above, and transpose it to your rom. NO SUPPORT HERE!!!

Changelog :
    21-03-2012
    - Deletion of the com.android.nfc_extras.jar permission
    - Rework of the install script

19-03-2012
    First Release
    For those who have a i9100 you don't have NFC chip inside. You need Orange France's i9100 or i9100p for this to work. For those who still don't understand, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1
    I agree.

Another thing, keep enable NFC after a reboot. It auto-disable every time.

Taken on board, shouldn't be too difficult to implement! :)

Nathan
    After this mod z device test shows that nfc exist. But when in setting I try to enable nfc it just greyed out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Which ROM are you using?

Nathan