FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Make new Pit with reduced preload to free up nearly another 475mb storage.

Yes! I accept I cannot use dual boot roms!

483 Vote(s)
83.85%
No! I don't want an extra half gig of space!

93 Vote(s)
16.15%

[MOD][GUIDE]Partition your internal memory for better App management (Pit Files)

2,888 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,085

By metalgearhathaway, Senior Member on 23rd November 2013, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2015, 07:52 PM |#1001  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cookley
Thanks Meter: 3,085

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid0057

Yep for me no preload. 1gb system, 8 GB data and everything else to internal SD. Works great on cm11 not moving to cm12, yet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 flowing on SwiftKey in Tapatalk

Yes, as far as I am aware (and hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will confirm) no AOSP/CM build requires pre-load, only Sammy based roms.

If that can be confirmed, I would look at making system larger and minimizing preload area. I would be interested to know what is the largest system size required to accommodate full gapps package and rom. Once again if any dev's could help advise on sizes that would help.

So to all users, talk about this on your respective rom threads and get the developers advice and report back or if the dev has time get them to post here or send me a PM with some details
The Following User Says Thank You to metalgearhathaway For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metalgearhathaway Ad-Free

4th February 2015, 03:03 PM |#1002  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 86

More
I've switched to CM12 and using the 4Gb pit file. Thing is, sd is no longer available, cannot install Swiftkey language packs and ES explorer shows "/sdcard/ is not found"

Tried mounting sdcard in recovery but nothing changes. Any help please ?

EDIT: just formatted sdcard0 to exfat in CWM, nothing changed
4th February 2015, 05:05 PM |#1003  
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,657

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchoaliento

I've switched to CM12 and using the 4Gb pit file. Thing is, sd is no longer available, cannot install Swiftkey language packs and ES explorer shows "/sdcard/ is not found"

For the sake of yourself and others....use default sdcard(s) filesystem which is fat32 and DO NOT CHANGE IT because you'll have issues like you have now....exfat is bugged for s2....and it doesn't work as it should...at least not on custom AOSP based roms....ah...and CM. is no exception ....

Sent from my LG-G3/d-855/16Gb/Titanium Black
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m1trand1r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1trand1r Ad-Free
4th February 2015, 05:07 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:

@Muchoaliento

Format internal SD card with vfat in recovery/fat32 in windows. Stay away from exfat.
4th February 2015, 05:09 PM |#1005  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhnx

@Muchoaliento

Format internal SD card with vfat in recovery/fat32 in windows. Stay away from exfat.

uh?

4th February 2015, 05:15 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhnx

@Muchoaliento

why not exfat?

BTW the pif file 1gb_6gb is working with lollipop
4th February 2015, 05:17 PM |#1007  
Flag Buenos Aires

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1trand1r

For the sake of yourself and others....use default sdcard(s) filesystem which is fat32 and DO NOT CHANGE IT because you'll have issues like you have now....exfat is bugged for s2....and it doesn't work as it should...at least not on custom AOSP based roms....ah...and CM. is no exception ....

Thanks, just did that. Same result, sdcard0 cannot be found with ES file explorer nor CM file manager, shows under Settings > Storage as with 0.00 space available
4th February 2015, 05:20 PM |#1008  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdoliveira

why not exfat?

BTW the pif file 1gb_6gb is working with lollipop

cause it's bugged
Quote:

Thanks, just did that. Same result, sdcard0 cannot be found with ES file explorer nor CM file manager, shows under Settings > Storage as with 0.00 space available

You know what? Flash stock PIT file or simply flash Stock SamCrap rom and start from scratch....these PIT's can be odd sometimes

4th February 2015, 05:22 PM |#1009  
Flag Buenos Aires

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1trand1r

cause it's bugged

You know what? Flash stock PIT file or simply flash Stock SamCrap rom and start from scratch....these PIT's can be odd sometimes

Geee, that's what I was dreading, back to zero-state. Thing is, CM 12 is smooth as butter. But with no internal SD. Thanks you 4 your time and patience
4th February 2015, 05:25 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Because some ROMs can't work with exfat. I've tried it and it didn't work for me and by other people saying the something that exfat doesn't work.
4th February 2015, 09:00 PM |#1011  
Flag Hanover, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 364

More
ExFat is working fine here on both internal and external sd cards on S2. CM11 Nightly Feb 3rd.
The Following User Says Thank You to Acid0057 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Acid0057 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)