FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Make new Pit with reduced preload to free up nearly another 475mb storage.

Yes! I accept I cannot use dual boot roms!
 
483 Vote(s)
83.85%
No! I don't want an extra half gig of space!
 
93 Vote(s)
16.15%

[MOD][GUIDE]Partition your internal memory for better App management (Pit Files)

2,888 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,085
 
By metalgearhathaway, Senior Member on 23rd November 2013, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd November 2013, 11:28 AM |#11  
cortex69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgearhathaway

I have asked the guy who made these to see if that can be done, I'll let you know if that gets sorted!

It can be done, of course
There has been a thread already, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2353551, but that tut only. It has attached files, but to flash onto cm10.1 at max.

One more question, would partitioning stay after installing a different rom ? I mean, we need sammy JB, then some aosp with Android 4.3.1
 
 
23rd November 2013, 11:40 AM |#12  
edzamber's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,229
 
Donate to Me
More
Subscribed

Posté via P.A.C Unofficial @ Nico_60


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=45972533
23rd November 2013, 11:43 AM |#13  
metalgearhathaway's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cookley
Thanks Meter: 3,085
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortex69

It can be done, of course
There has been a thread already, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2353551, but that tut only. It has attached files, but to flash onto cm10.1 at max.

One more question, would partitioning stay after installing a different rom ? I mean, we need sammy JB, then some aosp with Android 4.3.1

Yes the partition remains the same, it will do until the phone is next given a pit file to change.

I have just let a phone upgrade phone 4.0.4 with the partition in place to 4.1.2 and everything remains!
The Following User Says Thank You to metalgearhathaway For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metalgearhathaway Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 11:44 AM |#14  
metalgearhathaway's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cookley
Thanks Meter: 3,085
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortex69

@metalgearhathaway Could you also add pit file that sets whole internal memory for app data, so we could use our fast SD cards as primary memory, please ?

Testing new pit for dedicating all internal memory to app storage, will upload once I am happy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to metalgearhathaway For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metalgearhathaway Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 12:03 PM |#15  
cortex69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgearhathaway

Testing new pit for dedicating all internal memory to app storage, will upload once I am happy!

Great. Anyhow, could you find out if phones picks SD card as primary memory with this pit ?
23rd November 2013, 12:33 PM |#16  
7HUND3R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
Do I need to flash stock rom or can I flash only the pit with odin give that I must wipe my phone of course..because if it was possible I prefer to do directly on the aosp rom sabermod..but if it is necessary I flash the stock one and then, repartition done, put the aosp plus dorimanx kernel..
23rd November 2013, 12:56 PM |#17  
m1trand1r's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,657
 
Donate to Me
More
subscribed ....i'll use 4gb split too....when i'll find some free time
Thanks mate

Beam-ed through your pineal gland via//Android 4.3.1//
The Following User Says Thank You to m1trand1r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1trand1r Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 01:03 PM |#18  
amirsat2012's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag kelibia
Thanks Meter: 162
 
Donate to Me
More
Subscribed.but i am still afraid to do it.may be i will loose my phone.loool

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk 4
23rd November 2013, 02:41 PM |#19  
m1trand1r's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,657
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirsat2012

Subscribed.but i am still afraid to do it.may be i will loose my phone.loool

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk 4

nah....you can't brick it ..If you follow guide to the letter ....
but @metalgearhathaway bricked it not so long ago....with smth else ..........

Beam-ed through your pineal gland via//Android 4.3.1//
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m1trand1r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1trand1r Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 03:18 PM |#20  
dorimanx's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag TERA Prime.
Thanks Meter: 93,757
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirsat2012

Subscribed.but i am still afraid to do it.may be i will loose my phone.loool

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk 4

no PROBLEM here, did backup all, then did what GUIDE say.

and now happy with 4GB data partition.

but when i have booted to SAMMY rom all CLEAN, but internal SDCARD was broken. via MTP i see that disk is exist but size is broken.

so i have flashed my kernel via ODIN, went to recovery, and when recovery loaded, WINDOWS asked me if i like to FORMAT my internal sd.

and it's was 9.50GB size, so i say YES. and all good now. clean partition and i am loading my stuff back.


P.S for OP!

no problem to restore nand backup via recovery

O! and user should flash his best radio firmware as SAMMY comes with other, maybe not good for USER.

Code:
~ # df -h
df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                   402.3M     48.0K    402.2M   0% /dev
/dev/block/mmcblk0p7     94.4M    176.0K     92.3M   0% /cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
                          9.5G      6.2G      3.3G  65% /mnt/.secondrom
/dev/block/loop0         96.8M      1.5M     88.3M   2% /secondrom_cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
                          9.5G      6.2G      3.3G  65% /emmc-tmp
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1     14.9G      8.4G      6.5G  56% /sdcard
/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
                          9.5G      6.2G      3.3G  65% /sdcard/.android_secure
/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
                          9.5G      6.2G      3.3G  65% /emmc
/dev/block/mmcblk0p10
                          3.9G      1.5G      2.3G  40% /data
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2013, 03:47 PM |#21  
hyperthrust's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 796
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorimanx

no PROBLEM here, did backup all, then did what GUIDE say.

and now happy with 4GB data partition.

but when i have booted to SAMMY rom all CLEAN, but internal SDCARD was broken. via MTP i see that disk is exist but size is broken.

so i have flashed my kernel via ODIN, went to recovery, and when recovery loaded, WINDOWS asked me if i like to FORMAT my internal sd.

and it's was 9.50GB size, so i say YES. and all good now. clean partition and i am loading my stuff back.


P.S for OP!

no problem to restore nand backup via recovery

O! and user should flash his best radio firmware as SAMMY comes with other, maybe not good for USER.




Just to be clear.

1. I can make a nandroid backup of my current Rom set up to lets say EXTERNAL card.

2. Then follow the instructions in op to flash 4gb pit via odin.

3. Flash your kernel via odin

4. Then wipe internal card.

5. And finally I can restore my nandroid backup... Correct ?



Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes