FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Make new Pit with reduced preload to free up nearly another 475mb storage.

Yes! I accept I cannot use dual boot roms!

483 Vote(s)
83.85%
No! I don't want an extra half gig of space!

93 Vote(s)
16.15%

[MOD][GUIDE]Partition your internal memory for better App management (Pit Files)

2,888 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,087

By metalgearhathaway, Senior Member on 23rd November 2013, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd March 2014, 01:09 AM |#501  
Flag Três Corações - MG - Brasil
Thanks Meter: 3,583

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernetus

Download mode ?

Cybernetic is right, with download mode you can odin stock rom or flash a kernel to flash a custom rom.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII - GT-I9100
Kernel: Dorimanx kernel v10.43v92-mv3
1st ROM : SlimSaber 4.4.2 Maliv3 by fusionjack build of 20140227 (Online)
2nd ROM :
MODEM: UHMS1
MODS: Partition Fix, Hue Blue v4.4 by Kroz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Computoncio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Computoncio Ad-Free

2nd March 2014, 02:26 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotxa

Stupid of me!
I flashed without rom nor kernel file and now my phone is dead! any way of reviving please?

It's very confusing, if you flash without rom, flashing will be failed and your phone will stay with previous rom.
Any way, to recover your phone you need to enter download mode and flash it with odin with correct specific rom.

Sent from my GT-I9100
2nd March 2014, 02:34 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernetus

Download mode ?

neither dowload nor recovery modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaxs

It's very confusing, if you flash without rom, flashing will be failed and your phone will stay with previous rom.
Any way, to recover your phone you need to enter download mode and flash it with odin with correct specific rom.

I selected Re-partition and 6GB PIT file...

Now I'm trying with a 300K resistor but not sure if I'm doing properly connection.
Any suggestion?
2nd March 2014, 02:52 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotxa

neither dowload nor recovery modes.

I selected Re-partition and 6GB PIT file...

Now I'm trying with a 300K resistor but not sure if I'm doing properly connection.
Any suggestion?

Wow... it's look like your phone got hard bricked. Ok, many tricks to force enter download mode. So try it one by one, you need lucky and patience.
1. pull your battery, sdcard and sim card. press and hold volume down, home and power button together. then insert battery.
2. pull your battery, press and hold volume down, home and power button together. connect your charger, then insert battery.

(you need lucky time, try it several times)

3. if 2 trick above failed, ofcourse I suggest to make your own usb jig.
4. and the last is go to service center or phone technician repair. it's need toolbox like Jtag to wake up your phone.

hope you are lucky.

Sent from my GT-I9100
The Following User Says Thank You to mohaxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mohaxs Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 03:33 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaxs

Wow... it's look like your phone got hard bricked. Ok, many tricks to force enter download mode. So try it one by one, you need lucky and patience.
1. pull your battery, sdcard and sim card. press and hold volume down, home and power button together. then insert battery.
2. pull your battery, press and hold volume down, home and power button together. connect your charger, then insert battery.

(you need lucky time, try it several times)

3. if 2 trick above failed, ofcourse I suggest to make your own usb jig.
4. and the last is go to service center or phone technician repair. it's need toolbox like Jtag to wake up your phone.

hope you are lucky.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Tried out 1 and 2 once.
Now its 4:29AM I'm sad and tired, I'm going to sleep.
Hope tomorrow have that "lucky time".

Thanks!
2nd March 2014, 08:05 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I made myself, to solve all the problems that was having with the installation of the mini gapps files in the new KK ROMs. Normally the s2 has only 512 mb system partition I made the pit with one gb and also, modify the other positions.
But this 3 partitions could be any size you like, only talking into account that your phone has only 16gb.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElGamal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ElGamal Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 09:02 AM |#507  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGamal

I made myself, to solve all the problems that was having with the installation of the mini gapps files in the new KK ROMs. Normally the s2 has only 512 mb system partition I made the pit with one gb and also, modify the other positions.
But this 3 partitions could be any size you like, only talking into account that your phone has only 16gb.

I need:
1 GB System
3 GB Data
the rest ot the memory to be media storage... (internalSD)

Can you do it?
2nd March 2014, 09:36 AM |#508  

More
Yes, during this day I'll post here. Just let me do something here
:P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElGamal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ElGamal Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 10:14 AM |#509  

More
Smile Pit files
Here they are. All the pit files i've made.
There are two with 515MB system partition, one with 6GB and the other with 8GB data partition.
And there are three with 1GB system partition, one with 3GB, other with 4GB and the last with 6GB data partition.
The rest of the memory is for internal SD.

Hope this will help you.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Pit files.rar - [Click for QR Code] (2.0 KB, 70062 views)
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to ElGamal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ElGamal Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 02:19 PM |#510  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGamal

Here they are. All the pit files i've made.
There are two with 515MB system partition, one with 6GB and the other with 8GB data partition.
And there are three with 1GB system partition, one with 3GB, other with 4GB and the last with 6GB data partition.
The rest of the memory is for internal SD.

Hope this will help you.

Thank you very much!!!
Will try the 3GB pit later today.
2nd March 2014, 02:25 PM |#511  

More
Let us know how it goes

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)