I have success with TWRP 3.2.3-0

3.2.3-0 works with OREO and Nougat?
6th October 2018, 03:08 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastozz

3.2.3-0 works with OREO and Nougat?

I have TWRP-3.2.3 working with Oreo. But It is Pie thread and now I am talking about Pie.
6th October 2018, 04:34 PM |#24  
Flag Salvador, BA
Thanks Meter: 879

More
OK! I did the tests with the Android Pie. Here's the List: @rINanDO
What works beyond the mentioned:
- Sound
- RIL
- ADB
- SDCard
- VSync (i Think)
- Bluetooth
- File Transfer
- GAPPS
- Without Softboots
-Digital Wellbeing
- Battery Life is very good!
- Uninstall applications works!
-Root with the legendary SuperSU works!

Running Partially:
Graphics. Sometimes it gets a blur.

What does not work:
- Camera, Even with Footej

I didn't test MicroG. It should Work.
Tested with TWRP 3.1.0
Pictures anexed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181006_111101846.jpg
Views:	1178
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	4612932   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181006_111224898.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	4612933   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181006_112202663.jpg
Views:	1122
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	4612934   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181006_114532124.jpg
Views:	1126
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	4612935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181006_114604349.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	4612938   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181006_120731027.jpg
Views:	1062
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	4612939   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181006_120947630.jpg
Views:	1022
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	4612941   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181006_121155949.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	4612942  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to linusdan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linusdan Ad-Free
7th October 2018, 12:47 AM |#25  
Flag Rach Gia
Thanks Meter: 247

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linusdan

OK! I did the tests with the Android Pie. Here's the List: @rINanDO
What works beyond the mentioned:
- Sound
- RIL
- ADB
- SDCard
- VSync (i Think)
- Bluetooth
- File Transfer
- GAPPS
- Without Softboots
-Digital Wellbeing
- Battery Life is very good!
- Uninstall applications works!
-Root with the legendary SuperSU works!

Running Partially:
Graphics. Sometimes it gets a blur.

What does not work:
- Camera, Even with Footej

I didn't test MicroG. It should Work.
Tested with TWRP 3.1.0
Pictures anexed

Damn, so impressive. Almost everything works in the first build. Who knows how many build are we away from stable?
7th October 2018, 08:22 PM |#26  
Flag Stavropol
Thanks Meter: 4,548

Donate to Me
More
@linusdan, @rINanDO,

Hi,
first of all, my congrats for Pie release and thanks for your awesome work!
Can I kindly ask if someone can test if audio recording works properly on this ROM?
In my case (on Ace 2) I've some bug in audioflinger which causes audio not being recorded after second time you try to record it (e.g. first time it works normally but later it doesn't work until reboot).
I've seen some fix in OmniROM gerrit which seems to work around this: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/andro...ks_av/+/32302/
It's not merged by LineageOS, btw.

P.s.
Our device has an ancient legacy audiopolicy, whilst this patch is for a non-legacy one, so I'm not sure if it will work properly after porting to a legacy audiopolicy. Anyway, please let me know if you've encountered this bug as well.
Regards!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChronoMonochrome For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChronoMonochrome Ad-Free
8th October 2018, 08:22 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoMonochrome

@linusdan, @rINanDO,

Hi,
first of all, my congrats for Pie release and thanks for your awesome work!
Can I kindly ask if someone can test if audio recording works properly on this ROM?
In my case (on Ace 2) I've some bug in audioflinger which causes audio not being recorded after second time you try to record it (e.g. first time it works normally but later it doesn't work until reboot).
I've seen some fix in OmniROM gerrit which seems to work around this: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/andro...ks_av/+/32302/
It's not merged by LineageOS, btw.

P.s.
Our device has an ancient legacy audiopolicy, whilst this patch is for a non-legacy one, so I'm not sure if it will work properly after porting to a legacy audiopolicy. Anyway, please let me know if you've encountered this bug as well.
Regards!

Hi ChronoMonochrome,

I tested audio recording. It works fine with the default Recorder app. Also the second and third time. I just works from Oreo.

I have trouble with WiFi. It connects to WiFi and gets gateway and DNS. I can ping everything in the WiFi network except internet. I got network unreachable when the route of wlan0 is being added. Does it sound familiar?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rINanDO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rINanDO Ad-Free
8th October 2018, 09:08 PM |#28  
Flag Stavropol
Thanks Meter: 4,548

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rINanDO

Hi ChronoMonochrome,

I tested audio recording. It works fine with the default Recorder app. Also the second and third time. I just works from Oreo.

Ok, thanks, so it's just due to our legacy audiopolicy.
Quote:

I have trouble with WiFi. It connects to WiFi and gets gateway and DNS. I can ping everything in the WiFi network except internet. I got network unreachable when the route of wlan0 is being added. Does it sound familiar?

Yeah, I've discovered the same on Ace 2. Also this happens on P preview. For me it was seem to be related to system/netd updates. I've started reverting netd code to lineage-15.1 just to confirm this guess, but I've recently received another phone, S3, and didn't finish this forward port.
[offtop](Quite frustrating to see that for now there are no Oreo and Pie builds for this phone but my main priority is updating an ancient 3.0 kernel to something newer). So dunno when I'll continue working on Pie bringup (now on another phone) and re-encounter this bug (this seems to happen quite likely because S3 is very close to S2).[/offtop]

UPD. About HWC, I've managed to get graphics to work using HWC2OnFb adapter (getting it to work is as simple as removing HWComposer whilst keeping HWC2on1 HIDL, in this case gralloc HAL will be used instead of HWC). This fixed camera (with HWC I'm just getting a black frames in a camcorder preview) for me. Though, some side effects are here - this will cause display getting blank on bootup, unless you remove blank service from system/etc/init (I guess because of unimplemented blank / unblank stuff in HWC2on1 HIDL).
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ChronoMonochrome For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChronoMonochrome Ad-Free
9th October 2018, 08:39 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoMonochrome

Ok, thanks, so it's just due to our legacy audiopolicy.

Yeah, I've discovered the same on Ace 2. Also this happens on P preview. For me it was seem to be related to system/netd updates. I've started reverting netd code to lineage-15.1 just to confirm this guess, but I've recently received another phone, S3, and didn't finish this forward port.
[offtop](Quite frustrating to see that for now there are no Oreo and Pie builds for this phone but my main priority is updating an ancient 3.0 kernel to something newer). So dunno when I'll continue working on Pie bringup (now on another phone) and re-encounter this bug (this seems to happen quite likely because S3 is very close to S2).[/offtop]

UPD. About HWC, I've managed to get graphics to work using HWC2OnFb adapter (getting it to work is as simple as removing HWComposer whilst keeping HWC2on1 HIDL, in this case gralloc HAL will be used instead of HWC). This fixed camera (with HWC I'm just getting a black frames in a camcorder preview) for me. Though, some side effects are here - this will cause display getting blank on bootup, unless you remove blank service from system/etc/init (I guess because of unimplemented blank / unblank stuff in HWC2on1 HIDL).

I found the commit causing wifi issues! Thanks pointing me to netd. Check my repo of netd for the patch I reverted.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rINanDO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rINanDO Ad-Free
10th October 2018, 09:18 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
New build is up!

Build #2 2018-10-9
Overall state: Stable-ish
Android build: 9.0.0-r10
  • Updated sources
  • Fixed Wifi network (by reverting this commit) Thanks to @ChronoMonochrome pointing me into the right direction!
  • Fixed Wifi battery drain. (/data/.psm.info stands for PowerSaveMode for Wifi)

Download here: lineage-16.0-20181009-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to rINanDO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rINanDO Ad-Free
10th October 2018, 09:42 PM |#31  
Flag Sélestat
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rINanDO

New build is up!

Build #2 2018-10-9
Overall state: Stable-ish
Android build: 9.0.0-r10

• Updated sources
  • Fixed Wifi network (by reverting this commit) Thanks to @ChronoMonochrome pointing me into the right direction!
  • Fixed Wifi battery drain. (/data/.psm.info stands for PowerSaveMode for Wifi)

Download here: lineage-16.0-20181009-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip

I wish you all the possible luck to congrat in this project, personally I only tested r6 and as damn stable ^^

Patiently awaiting for root rights

Thanks a lot for Bringing Pie to our old but powerfull device, we are near 2019 and got a Pre Pie rom for our old S2
What else can we ask?

See ya.
Oxy'
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)