Thanks Meter: 3,142

By rINanDO, Senior Member on 5th October 2018, 08:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2019, 06:44 PM |#451  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TALUAtXDA

Are you sure you had your repit configured to have the data partition at “max” so it’s as big as possible and sdcard partiton to “min” so it’s as small as possible, as we don’t use the sdcard partition on emulated storage? My /data partition on my phone is 12.99GB with 16GB storage, while you only have a 6GB /data partition.

That's why i ask.
Something doesn't like me...
I'm gonna look for...

edit1 H!! what a stupid i am!!
I pass through the point 5 of the process!!!
ok...now re-install...
edit2 : ok!!!now i have 13.46gb free space.

17th April 2019, 07:47 PM |#452  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
switch to OFFICIAL
Hello,
that would be a great idea, to switch this Rom to official!
I think for the user aspecially to have the ota Update. It is not so comfortable, to do a full reset and flash every month.
Best regards
Sebastian
17th April 2019, 09:04 PM |#453  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian323

Hello,
I think for the user aspecially to have the ota Update. It is not so comfortable, to do a full reset and flash every month.
Best regards
Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

you don't have to reset your phone every time. Instead you can do a "dirty" flash. In most cases this is enough.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to Catfish78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Catfish78 Ad-Free
18th April 2019, 08:56 AM |#454  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithic

That's why i ask.
Something doesn't like me...
I'm gonna look for...

edit1 H!! what a stupid i am!!
I pass through the point 5 of the process!!!
ok...now re-install...
edit2 : ok!!!now i have 13.46gb free space.

Alright, nice, that’s more like what I was expecting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian323

Hello,
Best regards
Sebastian

A full reset would not be necessary in almost all cases, and a dirty flash would be good. I’ve been dirty flashing the same data from LineageOS 14.1 from a few years ago to this ROM. We still need the bugs fixed before making it official.
The Following User Says Thank You to TALUAtXDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TALUAtXDA Ad-Free
18th April 2019, 10:29 AM |#455  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Bugreport: Splitwise
The app Splitwise does not work in the current version (09-04). It crashes right after opening, see the attached log file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log-splitwise.txt - [Click for QR Code] (82.0 KB, 32 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to SethGeckoXDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SethGeckoXDA Ad-Free
19th April 2019, 09:06 PM |#456  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rINanDO

Be patient. I'm currently working on moving device specific hacks to our device tree with other devs. They already helped a lot! Meaning we can almost use LOS 16.0 code without device specific code. They already fixed our device blobs so it is usable without hacks. When all of this is done, we can ask LOS to make it official again.

Hi @rINanDO, thank for your hard work! Two questions:

How do you judge the chances that your builds will move official? @ripee mentioned that the emulated storage could pose an issue.

If moving official, will it be possible to move (via dirty flash) from unofficial to official?

Background of my question: I am wondering how much to "invest" now if requiring soon after another move. I would prefer to go for the official ones rather sooner than later because of the OTA updates.
22nd April 2019, 04:46 PM |#457  

More
Error 1 on Repit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rINanDO

5. Install /tmp/lanchon-repit-20170115-system=1.5G-data=max-sdcard=min+wipe-preload=min+wipe-i9100.zip
Your device has now be repartitioned and is EMPTY!! Don't reboot!! Because you have NO OS at this time!!!

I clean flashed coming from Lineage 14.1. In step 5, Lanchon's repit script failed with Error 1. I finally figured out this was due to my /data partition being formatted as F2FS (this was recommended in djibe89's guide).

@rINanDO Maybe add ext4 formatted partitions as required precondition to your guide in the opening post (alternatively, one could alter the suggested repit filename to fit f2fs). This could spare other users some time.
The Following User Says Thank You to SethGeckoXDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SethGeckoXDA Ad-Free
24th April 2019, 01:25 PM |#458  
Flag Salvador, BA
Thanks Meter: 877

More
Someone with excessive battery consumption in standby mode?
28th April 2019, 04:35 PM |#459  

More
RILD crashes (multiple SIM PIN entries neccessary)
Build: #11 2019-4-9 (clean flash)

Issues: every time I boot my S2, I have to enter my SIM PIN several times before it is accepted.

Things I have noticed:
- the screen where you have to enter the SIM PIN is laggy no matter how long you wait
- if I wait for a couple of minutes (~5 min) after turning my S2 on, the screen is still laggy but my PIN is accepted on first try
- this is not the case in the first 1-3 minutes (something needs to start up a long time, I guess?)
- the rild process keeps crashing (F libc : Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0x0 in tid 2161 (rild), pid 2034 (rild))

To further investigate, I have switched my phone into aeroplane mode, turned it off, and back on again. See attached logs. The timetable of me doing actions is as follows:
16:48: turned the phone on
16:51: switched aeroplane mode off
16:52: first SIM PIN entry (not successful)
16:53: second SIM PIN entry (successful)

rild starts crashing with SIGSEV as soon as the aeroplane mode is turned off.

Furthermore I noticed, no tombstones are created for the rild crashes. Is this because of some binary vendor files?

It's a minor issue of course, but maybe this helps.
Edit: Also, this might be related to occasional soft reboots.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rildcrash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (207.9 KB, 16 views)
8th May 2019, 04:02 AM |#460  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The phone with this rom gets very hot, is this normal?
8th May 2019, 04:49 PM |#461  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D...

The phone with this rom gets very hot, is this normal?

No not normal, but this could be because of the current lmk profile and activity manager profile. I had a similar issue. Background apps starts and does some stuff and gets killed and a minute later it starts again and again. I update this profile in the next build.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rINanDO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rINanDO Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)