FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [Fatal1ty Extreme Edition 1.1] [XWLA4] BugSpray, Theme Package Online Now!

203 posts
Thanks Meter: 139

By mobs84, Senior Member on 25th February 2012, 01:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome to Fatal1ty Extreme Edition 1.1 for Galaxy SII-9100

Why Fatal1ty ROM?
This ROM is developed with just one intention in mind. Performance and stability without bugs and compatibility with all the latest and greatest Gingerbread Mods available for Galaxy SII.
Purpose: Mod your SII the way you want. We just provide the CORE, which supports all possible modding

Why Fatal1ty is not pre-themed?
Theme is a user preference. And we don’t want a good base ROM to be pre-themed so the users has to go through uninstalling, theme restoring, installing restore packages etc before updating their preferred theme. Update: The purpose and motto of Fatal1ty ROM will still remain as it is, but Fatal1ty themes will be provided as a seperate package. Have a preview of the package on the second post

Keep the base simple and clean

Who should download this ROM?
This ROM is only for those who wants a strong base on which they can customize to their needs. I repeat, don’t expect Jazzy looks and colorful icons on this ROM. It will remain stock, but you have your options available from the theme masters for S2 like Vertumus and Tigerkay. It was developed for a fraternity of S2 users and since the feedbacks were awesome thought of sharing it in XDA

Please Read: Fatal1ty rating was hit badly because of download issues since the free file hosting servers ditched us due to heavy traffic on downloads. The issue is taken care for now with Fatal1ty Fans coming for help and saved this project. I would like to mention and give a special thanks to dan96815 for coming forward and providing with his mediafire premium download link. Issue is rectified now, Enjoy fast download speeds, install the ROM and come back to rate us. I'm sure you will love Fatal1ty

ROM and THEME making consumes time and patience, and we just request a Click on THANKS button as a motivating and encouraging factor to keep this project alive. That's all we ask in return

Fatal1ty Features and Support List
• Powered by RedPill Kernel 1.3 with Touch recovery
• Based on XWLA4 firmware from Samsung
• KL1 Modem (Great Balance between battery and performance)
• Supports all XWLA4 and JKAY 13.6.4 based themes
• Supports Voltage Control App
• Supports DB Voodoo Louder by SuperCurio
• Supports Overclocking upto 1.5Ghz
• Supports undervolting
• Ram and Performance Optimizations
• Init.D Performance scripts from Hyperdroid Androidmeda (Courtesy: D.O.C)
• Supports latest JKAY 13.6.4 for LA ROMS (Not pre-installed, Part of the theme packages)
• Supports ICS Domination by Vertumus 2.0.3 (Just download and flash the XILA Version over this base through Recovery mode)
• Gtalk with Video Chat Support
• Market Version 3.4.4
• Slim down with Bloatwares removed
• Kept support for Kies
• Kept Social Hub with SnS Support for only Facebook
• Base ROM Stock Themed
• Battery Friendly under default settings. Tried and tested already by multiple users
• Time tested and efficient ROM by multiple users with RC version
• The usual Deodexed, Zipaligned and Pre-Rooted

Credits( Huge Props to all the great developers and users of XDA from whom I learned a lot and still learning)

D.O.C – Thanks for the support. Amazing person and one of the most respected in XDA
• Pongster and Redpill Team- For the amazing Kernel
• JKAY- For making the great mods unleashing possibilities of ROMS like this
• Vertumus- For the awesome masterpiece called as ICS Domination
• XAN- For the awesome Voltage Control app
• Supercurio- Amazing Louder App for SII
• To all my friends – Who supported and did testing for Fatal1ty last one week

Installation (Full Wipe Highly Recommended to unleash 100% performance) even though Fatal1ty is a No Wipe Version

Not rooted yet / no Custom ROM

Root phone by flashing a kernel that’s auto root (CF or Redpill.tar) or any other way that gives you root and cwm.
Copy downloaded ROM zip file in root dir of sd card.
Boot to recovery (Press and Hold Volume Up+ Home Button, while holding them, Press Power button to turn on, release all three keys together). You will be in recovery mode
Wipe Data/cache/dalvik cache.
Flash zip from internal sd card.
The first boot would take some time as the dalvik cache is rebuilt, dont panic!!

Already rooted / on Custom ROM
Copy downloaded ROM zip file in root dir of sd card.
Boot to recovery (Press and Hold Volume Up+ Home Button, while holding them, Press Power button to turn on, release all three keys together). You will be in recovery mode

Flash zip from internal sd card.
The first boot would take some time as the dalvik cache is rebuilt, dont panic!

FAQ

How will I access Recovery Mode?
Turn off your SII. Press and Hold Volume Up+ Home Button, while holding them, Press Power button to turn on, release all three keys together @ Galaxy Boot Logo). You will be in recovery mode
Once you have JKAY or Vertumus Domination installed, you can add shortcut for Download and Recovery mode in status bar or power button menu

I don’t see some stock applications I use, what should I do?
Fatal1ty ROM has been slim down keeping performance in mind and some stock applications are removed. Do let us know so we can help you with the application you need, even though most of the critical applications are still kept in the ROM

Primary Link(MediaFire)

MIRROR 1

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to mobs84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mobs84 Ad-Free

25th February 2012, 01:26 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Angry Links for APPS and Themes Supported by Fatal1ty

Instructions

Remove any other theme package or JKAY MODS that is installed over Fatal1ty before installing this theme package, Fatal1ty theme package will install the necessary mods by itself including JKAY

Flash the zip through Recovery mode after wiping Dalvik Cache, First boot will take time, after which you are in Fatal1ty world.. ENJOY and dont forget to thank if you like this package..

Credits:

Turkbey for the Original Statusbar Icons
Siberian Tiger for sharing the Icons
Leomar and GadgetCheck for the Revo HD theme, Fatal1ty Blue is loosely based on

Blue Theme Download

Red Theme Download

*** Other Themes and Apps supported by Fatal1ty***

Please don’t forget to Thank and support these great developers

This list will get updated.. More to come...

JKAY Mods and Theme support
Download and install any of the Deodexed versions for XWLA4

ICS Domination Theme by Vertumus
Download and install the latest 2.0.3 Version (Comes prebuild with JKAY Support)
Highly recommended: Runs great with Fatal1ty

Tigers Touch Theme by Siberian Tiger
Great looking status bar icons. Do try the special edition for XWLA4

CWM Manager from ChainFire
Download and install the file attached
Attached Files
File Type: apk CWMManager 3.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (322.8 KB, 291 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mobs84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mobs84 Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 01:27 AM |#3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Any Screenshots?
The Following User Says Thank You to rocky_pratik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rocky_pratik Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 01:28 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
rocky_pratik: Please read through. I dont think you need screenshots for this ROM. The purpose of this ROM is not to look Jazzy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mobs84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mobs84 Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 02:04 AM |#5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 56

More
By far one of the best roms tasted...
Loved the speed and the simplicity..
I agree with mobs84.. no theme by default.. You can theme it the way you want..
Kicks ass..
Awaiting ICS....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anupsnair For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anupsnair Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 02:07 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
anupsnair, Thanks to all of you who did the RC testing. Appreciate it!
The Following User Says Thank You to mobs84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mobs84 Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 02:14 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
can i have the list of removed bloatware? O.o
The Following User Says Thank You to warrez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift warrez Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 02:23 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
If I remember right these are the ones. I have kept Kies, Social HUB(Only FB) and rest of the apps excluding this list

Zinio.apk
TwCalendarAppWidget.apk
SnsAccountTw.apk
SnsAccountMs.apk
SnsAccountLi.apk
SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk
SamsungWidget_StockClock.apk
SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk
SamsungWidget_News.apk
SamsungIM.apk
ReadersHub.apk
PressReader.apk
MusicHub_U1.apk
MusicHub_10.apk
Kobo.apk
DualClock.apk
EmailWidget.apk
BuddiesNow.apk
AccuWeatherDaemonService.apk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mobs84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mobs84 Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 04:59 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
43 Downloads till now.. Awaiting feedback and support if you are happy, for the countless hours spent on this ROM.. Thanks in advance
25th February 2012, 05:10 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobs84

43 Downloads till now.. Awaiting feedback and support if you are happy, for the countless hours spent on this ROM.. Thanks in advance

How does this rom differ from others? It has most tweaks from HyperDroid..all mods are known to be used in other roms..its just another stock looking modd rom...not a bad thing but not a great thing too...

--
Sent from my SGS2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prosumerhacks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prosumerhacks Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 05:15 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
prosumerhacks. I had mentioned before, this ROM was made for a closed group and it was updated here because of the feedback given after usage. Found it to be stable and fast and best of all battery efficient. So thought of uploading it. You will get multiple cars with different brand names and same specs, but some shine really well in the mass crowd. I'm just another small ROM cooker who thought of sharing something which I felt has come out well.. Thats all..
The Following User Says Thank You to mobs84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mobs84 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fatal1ty, hyperdroid, jkay, redpill, xwla4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)