Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][5.1.1][UNOFFICAL] Cyanide L RC 20 [R2,2015-09-19]

3,351 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,694

Post Reply Email Thread
Cyanide

WELCOME TO CYANIDE L

ROM INFORMATION

Cyanide L is the brainchild of XDA member @rogersb11. Based on CyanogenMod, and packed full of features from the wonderful custom ROM teams we have all come to know and love. This ROM is just getting started and I will update frequently as things progress along into the beast we know this will be.

I (aniket.lamba) will hold no responsibility if you didn't flashed the ROM properly and are facing bugs due to your modifications to the system files.Want to help me with something? You're welcome for helping out with bugs and issues - - but make sure you have that logcat with you before posting in this thread.Post all your questions/requests/screenshots in the Q/A thread.I won't tolerate any OT posts in this development thread.

FEATURES LIST

Code:
App Circle Bar
*Gesture Anywhere
*Gesture Lockscreen
*Heads Up Notifications
*Shift Kernel by @rogersb11 built with Linaro
*Cyanide L Material Dark UI (Work in Progress)
*CustomToast, System, and ListView Animations
*Custom Power Menu Options
*Custom Quick Settings Tiles 
*Colorized Statusbar Icon Options
*Colorized Notification Headers and Icons Options
*Screen Recorder
*Custom Navbar with custom actions and shorcuts
*Theme Engine
*PIE Controls 
*MIUI Style Custom Carrier Label in Statusbar
*Long Click Support in Statusbar Header
*Cyanide Dungeon
*Much Much MUCH More...
GOOGLE PLUS COMMUNITY - This is where you will find the latest changelogs and other info and discussion about Cyanide L ROM. Device specific changes I will always list right here in the thread. But general changelogs will always be posted in the G+ community.

DOWNLOADS

**Special note to stock SII users: Please root your device and flash a custom recovery before flashing this ROM or else you'll have to face the consequences.**

CYANIDE L ROM for Galaxy SII (i9100) - Get the latest build here. (Current build RC-20) ... Older builds can be found in the same folder. Just click CyanideL and you can see all previous builds.

Gapps - Use the Minimal Gapps from this link - Minimal Gapps for 5.1.x

DISCLAIMER
You are choosing to install this ROM on your own merit. It is up to you to know the ins and outs, and know how to properly handle issues that may crop up. Neither Cyanide, your neighbor, or the Starbucks barista can be held liable for the following including, but not limited to: Exploding batteries, spontaneous combustion, soft brick, hard brick, one brick, two brick, red brick, blue brick.

ROM INSTALLATION

IF COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
2) WIPE SYSTEM
3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
4) Flash the ROM and Gapps.
5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
6) Enjoy

IF UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSION OF CYANIDE

1) Wipe Dalvik, Cache
2) Flash ROM & Gapps
3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

KNOWN BUGS

Same as CM and also THIS POST RIGHT HERE - Please also read Post #2 before reporting bugs.

NOTE: ALSO NEEDS TO BE NOTED that yes, apparently Xposed for Lollipop is a thing now. BUT PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PART RIGHT HERE: Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should I ever see a bug report or complaint if you are using Xposed. It is well known that Xposed doesn't always play nicely, and if you are using it and complain about some kind of bug, I will laugh you out of the thread. I hate being crass, but after dealing with so many repeat moronic questions, I felt like I should go ahead and state this now.

Thanks to Tarun Kapadia for providing me the fix for statusbar FC.Cheers buddy!
Special thanks to Lysergic Acid for providing Galaxy SII with the CM12.1 ROM and being open source.

Thank you and enjoy!!

XDA:DevDB Information
Cyanide L, ROM for the i9100

Contributors
aniket.lamba
Source Code: https://github.com/Lysergic-Acid &ht...b.com/CyanideL

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock pre-rooted,TWRP recovery,ROM zip and minimal Google apps.
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Stable Version: R2
Stable Release Date: 2015-09-19

Created 2015-05-23
Last Updated 2015-09-19
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to aniket.lamba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aniket.lamba Ad-Free

23rd May 2015, 01:16 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to aniket.lamba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aniket.lamba Ad-Free
23rd May 2015, 01:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to aniket.lamba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aniket.lamba Ad-Free
23rd May 2015, 01:17 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why aren't my CM12 themes looking right?
Answer: Theme Chooser is still in its early stages and more and more items are being exposed for theming. So it's possible that some things may not look quite right still when applying a theme. Try going to the default system theme, reboot, apply your CM12 theme, and reboot once more.

Q: When will the next update be out?
Answer: When it's out and the OP is updated. Do not expect nightly builds or even weekly builds. I'm not going to run a build a day when it will make virtually nothing different. When I update, there will be good reason and timing for it. So please, don't ask.

Q: Can I use a custom kernel with this ROM?
Answer: You may run other kernels instead. HOWEVER, please pay attention to the troubleshooting section below concerning kernel use.

Q: Can you add [insert feature here]?
Answer: We are always open to feature suggestions. HOWEVER: Keep in mind that feature you have come to love in previous iterations of Android may not be ported forward for use in Lollipop yet. If you see a feature you want, and can point to somewhere that it's being used in a Lollipop rom, then we can definitely look into it. Otherwise, patience young grasshopper.

TROUBLESHOOTING

This ROM is still in the early stages of development, so you can expect some bugs to pop up here and there. Here are some guidelines to remember when reporting bugs to this thread. Please read carefully.

**Before reporting a bug, be sure you have tried the following:
1) If you dirty flashed, go back and clean flash first.
2) If you are running a custom kernel, flash the CM12.1 kernel from the and see if that solves your issues.
3) If the issue seems app related, uninstall the app and reinstall from the PlayStore. I won't give any help if your apps mess up from using TiBu. This doesn't constitute a clean install of an app.
4) Read through the thread to see if your issue has been addressed before and if their is currently a solution for it.

BUG REPORTNG

**I WILL NOT LOOK AT BUG REPORTS THAT HAVE NOT TRIED THE PREVIOUSLY LISTED STEPS OR LOGS THAT COME FROM A COMBINATION OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE ROM AND THE GOOGLE APPS.**

When you report a bug, be detailed about it. Simply stating "This is not working right" does not help me any at all, and I will probably just ignore the post. Be prepared to grab a logcat if asked or to provide me with the steps to reproduce the issue on my own device. If you don't know how to get a logcat, Google is your friend and there are multiple ways to do so. Also, search the thread, and search it again before reporting a bug, to be sure it hasn't already been addressed. No need to clog the thread with 10 people saying "This isn't working right".

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PERSONAL GRIEVANCES IN THE THREAD. WE HAVE HAD RECENT ISSUES WITH THIS AND IT HAS BEEN SHOWN THAT IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ANYMORE.
23rd May 2015, 01:33 PM |#5  
Flag HY
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Thumbs up Thx
Thx, will give it a try
23rd May 2015, 01:57 PM |#6  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 98

More
boot loop
23rd May 2015, 02:02 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASRock86Cro

boot loop

Shouldn't happen.Do a dirty flash with full /system wipe and then report
23rd May 2015, 02:04 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 43.7031 - 7.2661
Thanks Meter: 7,175

More
thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to Troubadour666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Troubadour666 Ad-Free
23rd May 2015, 02:08 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
First let me know if the ROM boots for you or not so that I can fix the 'no bootup' issue as reported by ASRock86Cro.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aniket.lamba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aniket.lamba Ad-Free
23rd May 2015, 02:16 PM |#10  
Flag Deepest part of the jungle
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Thanks again anekit.lamba
The Following User Says Thank You to _followers_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _followers_ Ad-Free
23rd May 2015, 02:28 PM |#11  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 98

More
i install this rom with dirty flash, and still stay on boot loop

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.lamba

Shouldn't happen.Do a dirty flash with full /system wipe and then report

i install this rom with dirty flash, and still stay on boot loop
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.1.1, cyanide l, i9100, stable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)