FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][ICS/JB][4.0.4/4.1.1][8/9] CyanogenMod 9/10 lite v2/v7

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By marcellocord, Guest on 15th August 2012, 01:23 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hello everyone.

This is my first ROM here, I'm not a fan of "big customized ROMs", so I'm posting my own CM9 build here.
As the title name suggests, it's a lite version of the CM9. The full CM9 has ~130MB [without Google Apps], and my lite version has only ~100MB [with Google Apps].

Now, I'm posting my own CM10 build here too. It isn't too lite as CM9, but full CM10 [144MB] + Google Apps [85MB] is bigger then CM9, so the minimum I got was 118MB, making it similar with my CM9 lite.

My main goal here is to provide something simple and clean. Hope you like...

Quote:

Some of the features [CM10 and CM9]

• Not even a little bloated [even update-script was cleanned]
  • Siyah kernel [gokhanmoral]
  • ThunderBolt! scripts deactivated + screenstate scaling modified activated [pikachu01]
  • Trebuchet launcher
  • Gallery app from CM9 zip [not the one from Google Apps][only CM9]
  • New boot animation [thanks to someone I don't remember who is]
  • Stock appearence [nothing visual changed]
  • No CWM manager. Siyah installs it automatically, so I disabled it
  • Some small build.prop tweaks
  • Lots of apks removed. Email, Voice Dialer, Google Search, Browser, and more
  • Google Apps also cleaned. Removed some stuff like some libs, Talk, Search, Voice Search, and more
  • Seems fast and economic enough to me. If you do not like Siyah, I provided a zip to restore to "stock kernel-defaults"
  • Undervolt init.d script inside, if you want to undervolt by script and not by apps
  • Separated zip with Google Search + Voice Search included [only CM10]
  • Multi-DPI support [only CM10, for now]
  • 218dpi [only CM10, for now]
  • LQB RIL, which suck less. Better compatibility using LQ6 modem [only CM10, for now]
  • *Maybe other stuff you may only find out after installing [in other words, I may not remember]

Quote:

Some tips for you

• ThunderBolt! scripts are disabled by default. Please, read it's original thread, and then copy the scripts you want from /system/etc/scripts to /system/etc/init.d. [you may want to use main script {S97system_tweak}, it's awesome. Please note it sets i/o scheduler to sio automatically.
  • Gallery from Google Apps isn't good. I'm using the one from the CM9 zip {Gallery2.apk}. It's pretty good, runs faster, it's cleaner, made my Media server battery % go down a little bit... [only CM9]
  • You may want to use AdAway to block ads. I didn't put that because it gets updated very easy. But it's usually the first app I install after I install the ROM.
  • If you don't like Siyah and want to go to another kernel, please flash the "default kernel zip". I optimized the ROM to don't install busybox, as Siyah already installs, and also, blocked CWM manager install. "default kernel zip" will delete my Siyah optimizations by cleaning old files, installing busybox and flashing stock CM9/CM10 kernel.
  • If you want CWM manager, delete /system/.siyah n' reboot.
  • You won't find any browser after installing. It's because I'm using Chrome, so I don't need stock browser. I recommend Chrome very much, but just make sure you disable Tilt Scrolling, to don't get the damn wakelock which will absolutely drain all your battery.
  • I included a undervolt script {/system/etc/scripts/S92CPU_Voltages}. PLEASE, before copying to init.d, edit with YOUR undervolt set. Those are mine, and I'm using only 5 steps on Siyah. Make sure you adapt it to you.
  • Don't flash Google Apps. Everything you need at one zip.
  • Some good Siyah settings for ExTweaks: ondemand, sio, 5 cpu steps, logger disabled, choose any vibration level [i use 3]. Please, don't limit the performance a lot, leave everything else stock except undervoltage [if you know what you are doing]. Don't care a lot about battery, always prefer performance [smooth performance at some point, where you get no lags]
  • Don't care about battery. Use and abuse your phone. If your battery isn't going further than 2 days, just plug your charger at day one. This ROM may be economic for you. What I do: if the battery can last at least from morning to evening, it's good enough to me. Then, I plug to the charger and sleep. Much better than looking at battery % all the time.
  • Screenstate scaling scales your CPU depending on your screen state. Screen-on: ondemand/1,2GHz max-200MHz min. Screen-off: ondemand/500MHz max-200MHz min. This may save a lot/some juice.

Quote:

Some of the features on each version [changelog]

CM9
v2
  • Based on [cm-9-20120819-NIGHTLY]
  • Siyah kernel 4.1.1
  • ThunderBolt! scripts 2.7.7

CM10
v7
  • Based on [10-20120908-NIGHTLY]
  • Siyah kernel 4.1.4
  • ThunderBolt! scripts 2.7.7
  • LQB RIL, which sucks less. Best results if using LQ6 modem
  • Multi-DPI support [gsf and playstore]
  • Little DPI adjustment [240DPI to 218DPI]
  • Zipaligned Google Apps. [-RAM usage +performance]

Quote:

Some downloads for you

CM9
v2 / default kernel

CM10
v7
search + voice search

- Reporting bugs
If you have any issues, please flash full CM10/CM9 with Google Apps. If you still have any issues, go to official CM thread. If it's only happening here, well, report here
---
If there's anything you need, I'll be glad to help you.
Please, give me some ideas, if a few people like it, it's enough to me to continue doing this. Thanks.
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to marcellocord For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcellocord Ad-Free

15th August 2012, 02:02 AM |#2  
Flag Guayaquil
Thanks Meter: 168

More
First
The Following User Says Thank You to lbaquerizo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lbaquerizo Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 02:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Any screenshots
marcellocord
15th August 2012, 02:38 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanmatz

Any screenshots

I'll take some screenshots, but I'll warn you, it's exactly the same visual as the stock CM9
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 03:51 AM |#5  
Flag porto velho
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Hey.. thx for your work. How can I disable tilt scrolling?
Im downloading and give you a feedback tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to laleiz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laleiz Ad-Free
marcellocord
15th August 2012, 04:02 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laleiz

Hey.. thx for your work. How can I disable tilt scrolling?
Im downloading and give you a feedback tomorrow.

Since you speak portuguese too, it's "Rolar ao inclinar" in the "Ferram. para desenvolvedores". Just disable it and done. If you don't, you will get the suspend_backoff wakelock, which can drain from 100% to 0% in some hours, even with screen off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 04:40 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
nice cm9 lite
The Following User Says Thank You to saimon05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saimon05 Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 05:49 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
if i want to use another kernel what is the sequence to flash a kernel i want. should i
1.flash rom and immediate flash default kernel script
2.after reboot and set everything up and falsh another kernel
or
1.flash rom and immediate flash default kernel script and flash another kernel?
15th August 2012, 06:50 AM |#9  
Flag porto velho
Thanks Meter: 78

More
This is so fast!!!

About thunderbolt, after copy the scripts to the right folder I have to enable one by one with script manager or what?

Edit: I got it.. my bad

Enviado de meu GT-I9100 usando o Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to laleiz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laleiz Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 07:08 AM |#10  
Flag Fortaleza
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Hi marcello

I can change the Phone and Contacts this your rom for same apks of S3 ?

Please see images below:
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1345010694184.jpg
Views:	3705
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1262025
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1345010787907.jpg
Views:	3676
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1262037

This apks are of DiLIDRoiD UHLPS R4.1

Thank You reply!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
marcellocord
15th August 2012, 02:17 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon05

if i want to use another kernel what is the sequence to flash a kernel i want. should i
1.flash rom and immediate flash default kernel script
2.after reboot and set everything up and falsh another kernel
or
1.flash rom and immediate flash default kernel script and flash another kernel?

Anytime you want, you just flash the "default kernel" zip. Then you can flash any kernel you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laleiz

This is so fast!!!

About thunderbolt, after copy the scripts to the right folder I have to enable one by one with script manager or what?

Edit: I got it.. my bad

Enviado de meu GT-I9100 usando o Tapatalk 2

No, just need to copy. But the remounti9100 needs to be activated on Script Manager(as root and boot). I think Siyah already include many parts of ThunderBolt, but I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celsowebmax

Hi marcello

I can change the Phone and Contacts this your rom for same apks of S3 ?

Please see images below:
Attachment 1262025
Attachment 1262037

This apks are of DiLIDRoiD UHLPS R4.1

Thank You reply!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You can't. Those are apks from a Samsung ROM, so CM9 is incompatible. If you want another dialer, you may try exDialer. I tested it sometime ago and it doesn't seems bad.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread