Welcome to the Bubble Wrap ROM! This ROM is built (from dsixda's kitchen, then heavily customized) so please bear with me and I will attempt to make this a pleasurable experience for all. This ROM is stock themed KK5 sourced from Intratech's Frankenstein KK5 with my own customizations included, as well as bloat removal. My goal was to make a stock feel, somewhat light ROM with good performance and feel to it. I am open to make changes requested, however in the end, I made this for me and decided to share.
OK, so off to the basics:
- Common Sense
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100 with CWM 184.108.40.206 or higher (220.127.116.11 recommended)
- Common Sense
- The ability to flash custom ROM's.
- Common Sense
KK5 2.3.6 Samsung derived
- bloat removed - See list below
- Siyah Kernal 2.3 by gokhanmoral (please see his thread about kernel related questions)
- OC/UC/UV by kernal (I recommend Voltage Control, available on the the market)
- jKay 13.2 included, Stock Deluxe themed (flash your own!)
- Custom boot animation support (/data/local), ICS Boot animation preinstalled
- KI3 Modem - I have found this to be the best for me, if you have a better one, use it!
- Newest SU available with updated binary (Thanks to ChainsDD)
- Above average to great battery life (from my experience with it, YMMV)
- Removed Power on, Connect to Charger, and Full Charge sounds
- AT&T CSC (Flash Multi or as needed for non-AT&T users)
- Universal Adrenaline Shot v13 integrated
- Quick AC charge script included in \system\etc\init.d
- Ad free
- GPU Rendering of UI enabled in build.prop
- New KK5 Based jKay 13.2 stock look theme
- Browser Agent String by cmd512
- No Dialer Increasing Ring by YG007
- Camera - Records CD Quality Audio, no low battery prevention of use
- More to come!
External SD mounts as "sdcard" in CWM Recovery (Kernel issue) Internal SD is available for selection under "Choose from Internal SD Card."
Any others I haven't found yet.
Changelog (More detailed changelog coming):
- Beta 0.1 - Initial Build based on KK2 (internal release only)
- Beta 0.2 - Bug fixes, jKay support added (internal release only)
- Beta 0.3 - Switched base to KK5, AT&T CSC, further customization (internal release only)
- RC1 - First public release, no change from Beta 0.3
- RC2 - Ad blocking hosts file added
- RC3 - Browser UA string changer, Camera, No dialer increasing ring, New KK5 jKay stock theme for 13.2
NANDROID FIRST!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST DATA OR BRICKED PHONES DUE TO YOU NOT FOLLOWING SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS!!!
- BACKUP WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE!
- Download .ZIP
- Place Install .ZIP on SD Card
- Reboot to CWM Recovery (Tested on 18.104.22.168)
- Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache, Format /System (last is recommended, not always required)
- OPTIONAL ***For best resultes, format /data as well.*** OPTIONAL
- Chose .ZIP from SD Card, browse to location, install
- Reboot and enjoy.
To re-install all or some of the bloat, please download and flash the following .ZIP in CWM Recovery. If you only desire some of the apps, use 7ZIP or appropriate program to OPEN the archive (NOT EXTRACT), then delete the APK's you do not want from the list in \system\app.
FLASH WITH CWM
gokhanmoral for allowing me to include SiyahKernel
Intratech for his Frankenstein ROMs
DesignGears for the inspiration to use the AT&T CSC and the Camera
dsixda for the amazing Kitchen
_jKay_ for his amazing Theme Engine
All others who have inspired me and have taught, even if indirectly, on how to do this, as well as those I may have forgotten to mention.