[ROM] insanity ii cm ics & insanity ii cm jb

Search This thread

hnernes

Nov 8, 2010
Haugesund
I think when you flash a Sammy ICS rom you got the ICS bootloader, just like in the old days with the Galaxy S I when we switched from froyo to GB :D

OK. I know there is an old and a new bootloader, because I bought my phone with a "new" bootloader (in wich the flash counter couldn't be reset), so I had to flash back to the old one to reset, and reflash the "new" just for fun. Both theese bootloaders (old and new) were for GB.

I see when people ask about ICS bootloaders, and wether to flash them or not, they will often be warned about the fact that they cannot reset the flash counter, even though the "new" GB bootloader also prohibited this.

So, the conclusion I drew from this, was that the "new" bootloader was actually the ones that people refer to as the ICS bootloader, but in fact; that bootloader came with a GB release.

This is very likely to be wrong (since I am just drawing this conclusion out of my head), but it would be nice to know for sure.:)

enel_

Aug 28, 2009
OK. I know there is an old and a new bootloader, because I bought my phone with a "new" bootloader (in wich the flash counter couldn't be reset), so I had to flash back to the old one to reset, and reflash the "new" just for fun. Both theese bootloaders (old and new) were for GB.

I see when people ask about ICS bootloaders, and wether to flash them or not, they will often be warned about the fact that they cannot reset the flash counter, even though the "new" GB bootloader also prohibited this.

So, the conclusion I drew from this, was that the "new" bootloader was actually the ones that people refer to as the ICS bootloader, but in fact; that bootloader came with a GB release.

This is very likely to be wrong (since I am just drawing this conclusion out of my head), but it would be nice to know for sure.:)

Wow, didn't know that :)

I bought my SGII and right after that a usb jig so I could start flashing and delete the annoying triangle. The jig worked perfect every time so I didn't search much further about these bootloaders.

Yes that's right, because of that Chainfire made that "Triangle away" app because the usb jig don't do the job any more.

I'm just asking about these bootloaders because in the old SGI days there was also a lot of bootloader confusion and I'm scared of changing them, so if don't have to, I'll not change my bootloader :D

ogk-slay

Nov 22, 2011
Hey I'm having a software issue with the vibration. It's not working on notifications (SMS, e-mail...).

I have it set to vibrate= always in both SMS settings and Sound settings. In the profiles it's set to not override (but vibrate always also doesn't work).

Any ideas? I'm using insanity ii 57.

EDIT: nothing seemed to work until I installed Sound Manager and changed the vibration setting. After an uninstall of Sound manager, vibrate still works so it must have been a glitch caused by ____???

Last edited:

forgetmyname

Oct 18, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
OpenVPN verification for Insanity ICS

Insanity CM57 question - Gingerbread - OpenVPN -

I'm trying to roll out a VPN deployment of our department, but should like it to also work with my phone. This is the first phone I am using as a test.

I tried OpenVPN on this Insanity/CM57 and noticed that it does not work.

I verified that the OpenVPN server is functioning as expected and all other clients can connect, except this one running CM57.

The log cat is below.

* Is this functionality pulled from Insanity or from CM?

I expected to read something like
Code:
I/ActivityManager(  128): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.android.settings/.vpn.VpnSettings }
...but read this instead
Code:
W/ActivityManager( 2739): Unable to start service Intent { act=android.net.vpn.SERVICE }: not found
Code:
I/keystore( 2644): uid: 1000 action: t -> 1 state: 1 -> 1 retry: 4
W/VpnManager(23845): failed to connect to VPN service
W/ActivityManager( 2739): Unable to start service Intent { act=android.net.vpn.SERVICE }: not found
D/VpnSettings(23845): received connectivity: Server zonnet: connected? IDLE   err=101
I/TelephonyRegistry( 2739): notifyServiceState: 0 home T-Mobile NL T-Mobile NL 20416 (manual) HSDPA CSS not supported -1 -1RoamInd: -1DefRoamInd: -1EmergOnly: false
W/NetworkStateTracker( 2739): net.tcp.buffersize.hsdpa not found in system properties. Using defaults
I/TelephonyRegistry( 2739): notifyDataConnection: state=2 isDataConnectivityPossible=true reason=null interfaceName=pdp0 networkType=8
D/dalvikvm(21508): GC_CONCURRENT freed 407K, 45% free 4085K/7303K, external 0K/512K, paused 10ms+2ms

Best regards.

Last edited:

nitr8

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2006
Switzerland
All,

Please note there is an updated version of insanity.

New Version - 065
2d2n9mo
insanity ii cm 065
Changes:
frameworks/base: SystemUI: fix merge error in NetworkController (android_frameworks_base)
camera: Full support for HTC camera switch (android_frameworks_base)
Camera: Allow a device to request the focus modes at build time (android_packages_apps_Camera)
libstagefright: Fix an ifdef from QCOM merge (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Add support for High Frame Rate Encoding (android_frameworks_base)
libmediaplayerservice: Enable b-frame recording (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Enable metadata mode recording (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Set high frame rate encoding flag to 0 by default (android_frameworks_base)
LGEQualcommUiccRIL: New subclass to deal with the latest qcom RIL (android_frameworks_base)
QualcommNoSimReadyRIL: Drop the initialstatechange check (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Fix crash during 3D Video playback (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: State checks before calling OMX_FreeBuffer (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Fix for crash during playback of unsupported clip (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Add interlaced video support (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Crop the native window with the display resolution (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Enable frame by frame mode (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Handle error on allocate buffer failure (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Change allocation buffer count for VideoEditor (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Fix to free buffers properly in ERROR state (android_frameworks_base)
framework\base:: remove decrypt handle (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Use QCOM Non tunnel AAC HW Encoder for AAC recording (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright : Fix for clips with Corrupt NAL length (android_frameworks_base)
frameworks/base: Add rendering statistics to Stagefright (Adapted) (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Add support for fragmented MPEG4 container (android_frameworks_base)
Add customized parameters for qcom camera features. (android_frameworks_base)
frameworks/base/NuPlayer: Handle Seek from NuPlayer (android_frameworks_base)
frameworks/base/nuplayer: Support for dynamic port reconfig in HTTP Live (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: return proper color format on target basis. (android_frameworks_base)
httplive/ACodec: Enable smooth streaming (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Add NV12 Tile to RGB color conversion (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Check for H.264 profile when using sw decoder. (android_frameworks_base)
Fixed issue with MPEG4 with 0 audio channels. (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Add check for zero chunk size. (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Adding support for k3g1, skm3 and mp41 major brands (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright : Fix to support mmp4 file type (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright : Fix to support AVC1 and MSNV file types (android_frameworks_base)
frameworks/base: libstagefright: use new gralloc header (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Populating sync sample index for Video track only. (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Checking buffer size. (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Remove qcelp decoder from encoder info list (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: changes to return proper HAL Pixel format for video buffers. (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Add property to enable software decoder for video (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Changes to support NV21 pixel format Video buffer (android_frameworks_base)
frameworks/base/nuplayer: Fixes to enable HTTP live streaming (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Ignore other sniffers if current sniffer returns positive confidence (android_frameworks_base)
frameworks/base: Add support for QCELP/EVRC non-tunnel encoding in SF (android_frameworks_base)
libmedia: Update media profile cap for video codecs (android_frameworks_base)
camcorder: disable audio temporarily. (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Initial commit for Camcorder bringup (android_frameworks_base)
frameworks/base - suspend implementation for video playback (android_frameworks_base)
Camera: Add mode in Framework Structure (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Framework changes for video bringup (android_frameworks_base)
frameworks/base: Enabling mmparser for AVI, ASF, QCP, AAC formats (android_frameworks_base)
libstagefright: Initial commit for video (android_frameworks_base)
stagefright: Additional types for Colorconvertor (android_frameworks_base)
framework/base: Add customized parameters for camera features. (android_frameworks_base)
framework/base: Change to enable mm-parser. (android_frameworks_base)
msm7k: build libstagefrighthw for any qcom platform (android_hardware_msm7k)
cm.dependencies: fix syntax (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
kernel: sec log feature, ondemand gov by default (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
add dependencies (samsungservicemode) (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
camera: change camera node permissions and add certain parameters. (android_system_core)
boardconfig: added missing omx defines (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
Add support for external dock batterys (android_frameworks_base)
fix low power mode chargeing (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
qcom/media: build only legacy audio (android_hardware_qcom_media)
omx: support for samsungs opensource vp8 and fp avc decoders (android_frameworks_base)
Profiles: Change the 'Reset all' icon to a better image (android_packages_apps_Settings)
Profiles: UI/UX consistency and cleanup (Part 1 of 2) (android_packages_apps_Settings)
Profiles: UI/UX consistency and cleanup (Part 2 of 2) (android_frameworks_base)
Quiet Hours: Add new Time Range preference and summary text (android_packages_apps_Settings)
fix path for libfimc.so on extract script (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
use hardware/samsung/exynos4, opensource codecs (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
galaxys2: add torch support (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
RU-Update-Settings (android_packages_apps_Settings)
Use the correct key for brightness control (android_packages_apps_Settings)
Fix status bar brightness control key (android_frameworks_base)
Turkish: Fix too long on/off text for setting toggle (android_frameworks_base)
RU-Update-Superuser (android_packages_apps_Superuser)
Apn settings fixes / code maintainence (android_packages_apps_Settings)
Phone : Update reference to Apn Settings (android_packages_apps_Phone)
RU-MMS-Fixed patch conflict (android_packages_apps_Mms)
Bulgarian phonetic keyboard layout (android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME)
Fix crash when the last played file is missing (android_packages_apps_Music)
fix depmod, and add taskset and adjtimex applets (android_external_busybox)
add MotoWrigley3GRIL (android_frameworks_base)
Missing Unicode character definitions causing buggy prediction (android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME)
Restore flashlight. (android_frameworks_base)
Profiles: Switch to Tabbed layout for the Profiles Settings screen (android_packages_apps_Settings)​

noobsgs2

Jul 2, 2011
feedback soon

Maybe it's not insanity related (maybe cm9 or launcher itself) but after randomly de-frosting apps with TB they wont display on the appscreen (same for build 64).. havent much time to test, anyone can try?

Last edited:

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
@nitr8
Great work, great rom.. Love the simplicity and your way of getting the missing apps back on. Gone from cm9 to insane;-)

Please consider adding the md5 sums of the new releases to the first post. I'm on a very bad line and often get botched downloads, do that would be helpful.

Can anybody provide md5 for 065?
Thanks

Sent from my mind using telepathy

noobsgs2

Jul 2, 2011
@nitr8
Great work, great rom.. Love the simplicity and your way of getting the missing apps back on. Gone from cm9 to insane;-)

Please consider adding the md5 sums of the new releases to the first post. I'm on a very bad line and often get botched downloads, do that would be helpful.

Can anybody provide md5 for 065?
Thanks

Sent from my mind using telepathy

insanity-ii-cm-ics-065.zip F0DA802B7E45F666C65A1802DD834E4E
insanity-ii-cm-ics-065.zip F0DA802B7E45F666C65A1802DD834E4E

Reactions: Eddiemc

hausmanis

Sep 2, 2011
Jönköping
I gave this rom a try with ics 63, had way to many FC´s and problems switching dpi with that nitrality app so i switched back to samsung roms, now i saw 65 was out with a "new" nitrality app so i insta flashed beeing a big fan of insanity gb roms, its the same problems now aswell, what can i be doing wrong ? i totaly wipe everything before i flash, the nitrality app itself FCs all the time and also when i try to download any app with the nitrality app it says "package refused" on like 9 out of 10 tries, and also like 9 out of 10 times when i try to acsess the DPI change in the app it FCs aswell, anyone else having these problems ?

noobsgs2

Jul 2, 2011
Try to delete the insanity folder on ur internal then reflash #65, or u could even try to forcestop first then delete cache/data of nitrality app from settings/apps

hausmanis

Sep 2, 2011
Jönköping
Thx for the help, okey so i finaly got the rom to work in a usable matter and well it was worth the fiddling around, when you finaly configured insanity ics 65 it is a DAMN nice rom witch i will be using as my 24/7 rom from this day forward, and i am very happy with it now.

Altho some feedback that could make the rom better:

1. The Nitrality app is still SUPER unstable, you need to clear the cache at like every single use, and it FC´s ALOT, ive still not sucseeded to change DPI with it as soon as i click the option for it it FC´s and i have reflashed the rom several times, not using anything else than the ics65.zip so it should be the same install everyone else got.
2. Since the Nitrality app is so unstable a good thing to do would be to have the default DPI after a fresh install of the rom to be the market default, then you could install all your desired apps from Market and THEN switch to the DPI you desire without any market problems.

P.s for you guys having the same problems as me, the app LCD Density Modder was a great help to me getting this rom to work propperly, and also since the Nitrality buggs out when you try to install nessesary apps like Calendar and Calender sync my solution was to install the filthy gapps.zip and then manually remove unnessesary apps D.s

JLowe

Jun 22, 2007
and also since the Nitrality buggs out when you try to install nessesary apps like Calendar and Calender sync my solution was to install the filthy gapps.zip and then manually remove unnessesary apps D.s

Yes, you just need out of lovely gapps.zip
GoogleCalendarSynAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

hnernes

Nov 8, 2010
Haugesund
You could open the gapps zip file and remove all the apps you don't want, thats what I do.

Lately there has been quite a lot of progress in the CM9 nightly, so I'm eagerly awaiting the next insanity build. I love the slim insane version of CM9.:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

noobsgs2

Jul 2, 2011
currently i can't send any sms or mms....
unable to send message ... so confuse :(

You should try to get for example GO SMS PRO and try to manually add you SMSC.. can u actually call? or receive? I dont think nitr8 has modified that kind of stuff you should try to check @CM9, i saw someone with the same prob

Kizi_PL

Mar 22, 2010
Guys .. Have you got vendor.apk which works good? I have error 921.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

hnernes

Nov 8, 2010
Haugesund
Guys .. Have you got vendor.apk which works good? I have error 921.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This one works perfectly for me:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23721227&postcount=681

I have posted this link a couple of pages back also, so I don't know if you have tried this. If you haven't this is how I install it.

1: Clear data from Market/Play in application manager.
2: Copy and replace the existing Vendor.apk in system/app
3: Change permission to rw-r--r-- (or restart into CWM and "fix permissions")
4: Restart

PS: Also remember to remove MarketUpdater.apk (from system/app), because if a new version comes out, this patched Vendor.apk will probably get overwritten by an original from google.

Reactions: lewipeti

noobsgs2

Jul 2, 2011
Well here's my logcat about flashplayer+youtube, im not able to get them work...
Used different flash player and different browser, maybe #65 doesnt support it yet

Top Liked Posts