[ROM][18/07/2012][JB][I9100]KALGECIN_AOSP[development]

Search This thread

kalgecin

Jun 8, 2011
Dar es Salaam
I've managed to get my JB booting on I9100.

PLEASE PEOPLE NO ETA OR BUGGING PLEASE

CM10 EXPERIMENTAL IS RELEASE WITH MUCH MORE THINGS THAT ARE WORKING THAN THIS ROM link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1794758
This ROM is for me and other people who'd like to learn porting from i9100. Thanks

I'll be posting changes and logcats here for other devs

Special thanks to LastStandingDroid and koudd
Some sources from CyanogenMod were taken into aosp to stabilize some stuff
sansung_hardware and galaxys2 are from cyanogenmod cm9 repo mostly (big thanks to teamhacksung)

WORKING (not complete list):
[-] boot
[-] bluetooth (reconnects sometimes)
[-] GSM/DATA
[-] GPS
[-] Compass
[-] usb tether works
[-] wifi tether works
[-] 3G working

NOT WORKING
[-] sound
[-] wifi
[-] 3G
[-] camera
[-] H/W accelerator
[-] adb debugging doesn't start automatically if switched on with cable pluged in

By downloading this rom you'll agree to the following
1. You must know how to extract logcat
2. This rom may brick your device
3. If you need help, post logcat
4. Sometimes my rom or recovery didn't boot, you should know how to reflash that using odin or heimdal

how to flash:
download the rom here: HERE (google drive) or HERE (mediafire)
download latest kernel from here: http://www.bourseanalyse.fr/dorimanx/Android-ICS/
ICS gapps can be found here: http://goo.im/gapps

flash the rom,
without rebooting flash the kernel ,
flash gapps.

If you don't flash the kernel you'll probably have to restore recovery partition

For people who can't get keyboard, you'll have to disable hardware keyboard in settings

This ROM is going to be as pure AOSP as possible with few features
/* Planned features */
[-] LVM support to join sdcard and emmc
-> Join sdcard and emmc to increase space for storage and avoid mount point confusion

[-] Permission management per app
-> So that you could decide what app uses what permissions and disable those permissions you don't like

[-] Custom kernel
-> With some tweaks ;)

#kalgecin-aosp on freenode

Attachments

• device-2012-07-18-005807.jpg
    device-2012-07-18-005807.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 10,009
  • device-2012-07-18-005845.jpg
    device-2012-07-18-005845.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 8,206
  • device-2012-07-18-005924.jpg
    device-2012-07-18-005924.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7,951
  • device-2012-07-18-022801.jpg
    device-2012-07-18-022801.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 6,960
Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

Kalgecin IS NOT a part of Team Hacksung so PLEASE Don't ask Team Hacksung For ETA as Kalgecin is not a part of the Team Hacksung (What i know)

Important Info

If you get stuck after reboot (At blue progressbar and dorimanx logo) enter odin mode and reflash pit AND a new recovery since the one you flashed before may end up in black screen ony! but i suggest to go back to your daily rom!

This is AOSP NOT CM10

There IS IS NO ETA So DON'T BOTHER TO ASK WHEN WILL A RELEASE COME!

LET Kalgecin DECIDE WHEN HE THINKS A RELEASE IS SUITABLE!

Bluetooth is working

(GSM/DATA Fixed (Replaced libril.so and added libril-vendor.so)

Have a nice day

what we have done;

to fix boot issues at netd
libGLESv2.so and libGLESv1_CM.so

to fix Waiting for service media.yamahaplayer..
rm /system/lib/hw/audio.primary.default.so

to fix ril
adb push libril.so /system/lib/

Last edited:

Batskoning

Oct 19, 2009
Vriezenveen
No link, but in android development already..?
Other threads get closed by this, because it's not yet developed, but announcing something..
There is so much non-working stuff on this rom, so i guess it's not fixable in a couple of minutes/hours..

Now u get 1k of ETA questions.. :good:

I love to talk about JB and when it will be ready etc, but there is already a official JB thread in general section..

Give us an ETA or re-open this thread when it is finished and ready to download.. :D

Thank U..

Last edited:

lolmensch

Jul 14, 2009
FarFarAway
I dont want the link :)

But, why u started this thread when u say u don't give a link..?
U can give updates in the general JB forum to,i guess..?

it is seperate work i guess. and despite that fact, now that it is in dev section people should not just spam their questions like they do in general but I suppose no one stick to the rules :rolleyes:

L

LastStandingDroid

you should vote this thread as newsworthy ;)

it will hopefully bring some more devs around

L

LastStandingDroid

Please shut up. And let the chef do his work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mate please respect other people gently, we can't help if you maybe being annoyed of all this questions, and comments, but we can do help you to avoid getting rage on this forum :)

Batskoning

Oct 19, 2009
Vriezenveen
Please shut up. And let the chef do his work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm, i think u didn't understand me..
I follow all the tweats and updates about JB, and i think Kalgecin and the other dev's are doing a great job :good:..

The only thing i wanted to mention is that other dev's that were making threads and didn't upload the rom, the threads get closed..

Why would this thread stay open, there is nothing to discuss about this rom because it is not online/working..

So please make a thread with updates/eta and other stuff related to this rom in General Forum, And re-open this thread when the rom is finished and ready for the public/users..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've managed to get my JB booting on I9100.

PLEASE PEOPLE NO ETA OR BUGGING PLEASE

CM10 EXPERIMENTAL IS RELEASE WITH MUCH MORE THINGS THAT ARE WORKING THAN THIS ROM link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1794758
    This ROM is for me and other people who'd like to learn porting from i9100. Thanks

I'll be posting changes and logcats here for other devs

Special thanks to LastStandingDroid and koudd
    Some sources from CyanogenMod were taken into aosp to stabilize some stuff
    sansung_hardware and galaxys2 are from cyanogenmod cm9 repo mostly (big thanks to teamhacksung)

WORKING (not complete list):
    [-] boot
    [-] bluetooth (reconnects sometimes)
    [-] GSM/DATA
    [-] GPS
    [-] Compass
    [-] usb tether works
    [-] wifi tether works
    [-] 3G working

NOT WORKING
    [-] sound
    [-] wifi
    [-] 3G
    [-] camera
    [-] H/W accelerator
    [-] adb debugging doesn't start automatically if switched on with cable pluged in

By downloading this rom you'll agree to the following
    1. You must know how to extract logcat
    2. This rom may brick your device
    3. If you need help, post logcat
    4. Sometimes my rom or recovery didn't boot, you should know how to reflash that using odin or heimdal

how to flash:
    download the rom here: HERE (google drive) or HERE (mediafire)
    download latest kernel from here: http://www.bourseanalyse.fr/dorimanx/Android-ICS/
    ICS gapps can be found here: http://goo.im/gapps

flash the rom,
    without rebooting flash the kernel ,
    flash gapps.

If you don't flash the kernel you'll probably have to restore recovery partition

For people who can't get keyboard, you'll have to disable hardware keyboard in settings

This ROM is going to be as pure AOSP as possible with few features
    /* Planned features */
    [-] LVM support to join sdcard and emmc
    -> Join sdcard and emmc to increase space for storage and avoid mount point confusion

[-] Permission management per app
    -> So that you could decide what app uses what permissions and disable those permissions you don't like

[-] Custom kernel
    -> With some tweaks ;)

#kalgecin-aosp on freenode
    CHANGELOG

[18-07-2012] [a0f81d23d59af1f7de73d15daa1b98d9] Alpha1
    [-] Initial release with bluetooth and gsm/data working

STARTED A FRESH BUILD from FRESH AOSP
    Progress on making everything work:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZY1yeO0E1IjowrtKkddP2aSSMtTt1rUEJbcq-ZCIcjM/edit
    Hey, talking about what works and what doesn't, add to the list "GPS works" ;)

It locks even faster than ICS, is really awesome. And I get 5 meters accuracy.

Now biggest thing is get Audio to work, I understand now why Teamhacksung says it. HW acceleration, Camera and 3G are the secondary most important things, the rest doesn't really matters (Except for WiFi, wich is a good thing to have).

EDIT: OMG, ADB works, root works on ADB = pwneage! :D
    EDIT: A few caps
    EDIT: And this ones are a few fullsized screenshots, feel free to use them on OP
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gl45794kwhwovt1/PwhVPsHyvH
    Yes, but probably not the best approach if binary blobs are not released by Samsung. If i'm not bad GPS is written via wrapper in ICS, but audio is a big thing, thinking on reverse engineering, or writing a wrapper is a lot of time. Perhaps that's what teamhacksung is doing right now, so that's why sources or build for our device, is not yet ready, or maybe we will enjoy some open source, wich I doubt as our audio chip seems to be very weird, and only a few devices have it.
    I don't think a wrapper is such a huge amount of work in this case. I looked into the audio hal changes between ics and jb and they don't seem to be very extensive:

- a lot of ints have been replaced with what are likely simple typedefs (I don't have the entire source tree on my machine at work so I couldn't do any extensive grepping to confirm that). This is most likely all cosmetic, in which case it doesn't matter.

- a few new functions pointers have been added, but judging by the code calling them in audioflinger, they are all optional and can be null
    (one of them have been inserted in the middle of existing function pointers, which is one of the reason the ics driver doesn't work as is: some of its function pointers aren't at the offsets that the audioflinger code expects)

- the open stream functions have had some of their parameters grouped up into a struct (that would be easy to fix in a wrapper but it is another obvious reason why the ics driver doesn't work with jb)

- some new effect commands have been added to query some states, that can probably be emulated easily in a wrapper (just save the state when the commands setting them are called)

A wrapper would basically just forward most of the function calls as is (probably just by copying the corresponding function pointers into the new structure), and just actually wrap what actually needs to (such as the open stream functions)

I'm probably going to have a crack at doing this, I just need to setup an android build environment all over again (got rid of my old one because I didn't expect I'd be hacking roms again) and I'm not looking forward to that.

Entropy stated in the JB thread on I-777 forum:

"It's possible to reverse engineer the HAL - it's just a MASSIVE pain in the ass and VERY time consuming.

25% chance arcee's legacy HAL wrapper works for ICS->JB (but given that GB->ICS didn't work with wrappers for our HAL... not a higher chance.)
    50% chance the whole thing gets written from scratch
    25% chance all the developers burn out before completion"
    Saying "this is bloody hard to do" without going into specifics as to why isn't actually very useful, and in my experience it wouldn't be the first time that CM samsung devs overstate the difficulty of doing something, such as when they insisted that fixing video recording was going to involve complex and painful reverse engineering of proprietary camera drivers, and it turned out not to be necessary at all and actually relatively easy to fix.
    i give no link because i don't want people to brick their phones. once i am sure that the flashing is relatively safe, i'll post a link