[ROM][i9100][JB4.3] Linaro compiled {kernel only} CM10.2 nightlies

Search This thread

kalpik

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com
This was just a personal hobby project, but it seems many people are using these builds, so I'm starting this thread to keep the main CM thread clean.

The nightly is built at 6:30AM IndianStandardTime (GMT+5:30), and contains all changes synced till then. The most prominent difference between these builds and the official ones is that there builds are compiled using the Linaro toolchain. To me, this results in a smoother UI, and better battery life than the official builds. From time to time, these builds may also contain some hotfixes for small problems on official builds, and they may also contain some cherrypicks.

You can just install these builds over official builds without a data wipe. You can even go back to the official builds without a data wipe.

Download link: https://copy.com/vJqpoVqwoUXJ

Please check MD5 before flashing.

Last edited:

TheSaw

Dec 24, 2010
Cluj
What are the drawbacks of building with Linaro? I assume there must be some, if the official build is not using this, right?

kalpik

May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com
What are the drawbacks of building with Linaro? I assume there must be some, if the official build is not using this, right?
The drawbacks are that theoretically, there might be some unexpected side effects if building from a non-standard compiler. I personally haven't seen any since I've been using it. Also, I think the CM team thinks Linaro is just placebo, and hence they don't use it.

kalpik

May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com
What is hotfix? Sry for noob question ;)

And where is changelog?
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers ;)

I'm sorry I didn't explain it better in the OP. By hotfix, I mean like the icon pixellation issue that was present in the past few official nightly builds wasn't there on mine. So from time to time, if I find some problem in the official nightlies, and I can fix them, the fixes will be included in my builds :)

dinos3

Dec 31, 2011

I'm sorry I didn't explain it better in the OP. By hotfix, I mean like the icon pixellation issue that was present in the past few official nightly builds wasn't there on mine. So from time to time, if I find some problem in the official nightlies, and I can fix them, the fixes will be included in my builds :)

Thanks ;)
Are you going to write changelog maybe?

diddly3000

Nov 10, 2011
headford
Going to flash this because.
A) last few roms I Flashed have either broken phone or Gps won't lock never both working.
b) and cos cyanogen mod is my preferred base for a rom :D
thanks buddy will report back after installing :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

feydakin

Jan 23, 2011
Berlin
Just to be sure: Can I fix your build over the official CM10.1 nightly without a full wipe and go back to the official Nightly when needed?
Edit: Chrome reports m-10.1-20130625-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip as malicious "m-10.1-20130625-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip scheint schädlich zu sein."

Last edited:

70x7

Jul 31, 2012
Going to flash this because.
A) last few roms I Flashed have either broken phone or Gps won't lock never both working.
b) and cos cyanogen mod is my preferred base for a rom :D
thanks buddy will report back after installing :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

When GPS don't lock in a nightly, wipe cache partitions and dalvik cache and fix permitions. Ever works for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: diddly3000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This was just a personal hobby project, but it seems many people are using these builds, so I'm starting this thread to keep the main CM thread clean.

The nightly is built at 6:30AM IndianStandardTime (GMT+5:30), and contains all changes synced till then. The most prominent difference between these builds and the official ones is that there builds are compiled using the Linaro toolchain. To me, this results in a smoother UI, and better battery life than the official builds. From time to time, these builds may also contain some hotfixes for small problems on official builds, and they may also contain some cherrypicks.

You can just install these builds over official builds without a data wipe. You can even go back to the official builds without a data wipe.

Download link: https://copy.com/vJqpoVqwoUXJ

Please check MD5 before flashing.
    What's the difference between Your builds and Infected's build? Just asking., ;)
    I asked Infected also.. hehe
    I had answered this question here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42962962#post42962962

But now I just looked at how infected is compiling his builds: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42976693#post42976693 , and he's using the GCC Linaro toolchain, instead of the Android Linaro toolchain. That isn't the best way to compile an Android kernel. Also, just look at the instructions! "Save the file and reboot" lol! This again shows he usually has no idea what he's doing or talking about, you can check his replies in the main CM thread, and you'll get an idea yourself.

Just to state some instances, at first when I started making Linaro compiled builds, he mocked me, and said the official builds are much better, and that I think that "I am bigger than CM gods" if I'm trying to do something different. And now, he's compiling Linaro builds with the wrong toolchain himself lol :p

Then when the fimg commit came, and everybody started getting all the pixelated icons, I revert that commit on my build, and the problem was gone on my builds. Later on, codeworkx reverted the same commit on the official nightly, and infected said that I was just doing a workaround, and codeworkx actually "fixed" the problem, when, in fact we both did the exact same thing! He doesn't understand commits on gerrit either.

Oh well, guess I've already said too much. There are a lot of other instances, rest, you decide :)
    The drawbacks are that theoretically, there might be some unexpected side effects if building from a non-standard compiler. I personally haven't seen any since I've been using it. Also, I think the CM team thinks Linaro is just placebo, and hence they don't use it.
    Nothing more to say, we're lucky. Wonderful rom, I really enjoy using my S2 with it. Far far better than official Samsung realise or neatrom( respect). Nightlies are stable and funny. Just enjoy. Kalpik one's are Battery friendly and smoother. So, What else..?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
    What is hotfix? Sry for noob question ;)

And where is changelog?